• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Comments on Assassin's Creed Unity PC Troubles

Users on Steam claim the PC version is poorly optimized and suffers from a wide range of problems, including poor frame rate, crashing, clipping, mouse lag on menus, freezing, poor rendering, and a general lack of graphics options.

Ubisoft has commented on the problems, noting that they seem to effect AMD users especially.

"We are aware that the graphics performance of Assassin’s Creed Unity on PC may be adversely affected by certain AMD CPU and GPU configurations," Ubisoft said on their forum. "This should not affect the vast majority of PC players, but rest assured that AMD and Ubisoft are continuing to work together closely to resolve the issue, and will provide more information as soon as it is available."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/12/ubisoft-comments-on-assassins-creed-unity-pc-troubles

UPDATE: They now deny its an AMD specific problem.

"Our team is furiously working to resolve bugs and performance issues for Assassin’s Creed Unity on all platforms," a Ubisoft community manager wrote. The developer also clarified that issues with the PC version of Unity are not AMD-specific, as was previously suspected.

"We apologize for any confusion and want to be clear that we are working with all of our hardware partners to address known issues that exist across various PC configurations," the Ubisoft manager said. "We care deeply about a smooth and enjoyable Assassin's Creed experience and we will continue to update customers as these issues are fixed."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-unity-dev-working-furiously-to-fi/1100-6423611/

samn

rest assured that AMD and Ubisoft are continuing to work together closely to resolve the issue

They should have worked together closely BEFORE they released the game.

If they want to ignore the needs of half their customer base then they shouldn't be taking their money.

9TnaMRA.gif

koutoru

Is this happening with just an AMD CPU or GPU or do you have to have both?
I thought I saw people mention problems on Nvidia's side too.

Nabbis

Im pretty sure that the number of people with AMD cpus that play this game is much lower than intel. Im also pretty sure that these problems are not only on AMD products.

RedAssedApe

Banned
hehe...no wonder the console versions are performing so poorly too ;)

they don't think ahead before putting out these pr do they?

They should have worked together closely BEFORE they released the game.

If they want to ignore the needs of half their customer base then they shouldn't be taking their money.

To be fair (and I really don't know what is true and don't care much), they didn't say it affects every AMD user, just certain configurations. So it wouldn't be half their customer base. That is a huge exaggeration.

murgo

Maybe they should also comment on the fact that the console versions are abysmal on a technical standpoint as well..

Good, so they are admitting in turn that they've also completely fucked the console releases, as well.

Fix the performance on consoles, Ubisoft!

pixlexic

Banned
I have and nVidia gpu and Intel cpu and I haven't had any performance problems.

The biggest bug I've seen is enemies still chasing after you after the all clear state. :/ that's rather annoying.

They always do this. They'll release little patches fixing some of the problems every few weeks to make you think "okay, it might take them a while, but they're going to fix this game", then as soon as the last DLC pack is released, it all stops, and they switch towards selling you on whatever their next tentpole release is.

janoDX

Ubi needed to work with AMD since the beginning of the development. Since you know, PS4 and XBO have both AMD graphics cards.

Qassim

I don't think they're blaming AMD. They're just saying, for whatever reason, their game is having particular troubles on AMD GPU+CPU based systems.

it's almost as if they prioritized all of the devices they had marketing deals with, such as the XB1 and Nvidia. But that would require that we believe that they are competent enough to conspire to something like that.

im just sayin', follow the money

mcmanic

i7 4770k haswell cpu and nvidia gtx980 at 1080p at ultra settings seem fine, dips to 30fps in cut scene which is normal on a lot of games and gives average 45 to 60fps in game. Not noticed any stuttering but yes there is some texture draws on NPC in the distant on crowded streets or in heavily occupied rooms. Nothing that ruins gameplay to be fair.

Top Bottom