• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Digital store is having black Friday deals

mike4001_

Have a look at the massive bug list and tell me that games not fucked.

How's that matchmaking and party system working?
How's those campaign framerates?
How's those constant crashes and bugs?

Not about to derail this thread but the game is a pile of shit. And a huge disappointment to Halo fans. Especially the ones who bought the console for this game like myself.

Played the campagne coop with a friend of mine.

No problems whatsoever.

Just when driving I notice some slowdowns.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
While these BF deals wont likely be great they cannot be any worse than Gamestops $59.99 "deals" on most Wii U games...

cackhyena

Trust me, you need bigger than 1tb. at least 3 tb
I just don't know. I've always been the type to only go digital when I buy a game at a pretty good discount. Hopefully this sale delivers. Otherwise, it's better for me to go disc and sell back when I'm done. I just don't hang on to games anymore, so even games I know I won't play can be deleted and it won't be a thing. I will most likely never even fill up the 1tb, honestly.

Haven't had trouble with party system, in fact, me and 3 other folks have gone through Halo 3/4 campaign with no issues. Matchmaking is certainly broken, I've gotten in several matches when I tried though.
I haven't noticed framerate issues. I'm not a splitscreen scrub though, so maybe that is why.
Have to say I have not had a single crash on the game yet.

Sorry. Guess yours is broken. Take it back.
This is honestly the worst thing about GAF that I've experienced over the years: people trying to downplay another person's horrible experience with a game. The responses usually amount to "Never happened to me so it's not an issue."

Oh and lol @ splitscreen scrub.

Killer

Banned
I just don't know. I've always been the type to only go digital when I buy a game at a pretty good discount. Hopefully this sale delivers. Otherwise, it's better for me to go disc and sell back when I'm done. I just don't hang on to games anymore, so even games I know I won't play can be deleted and it won't be a thing. I will most likely never even fill up the 1tb, honestly.

A lot of games are around 50gb. So even if you hold on to your games it will fill up eventually. Unless you sell every game you buy.

If you buy a lot of games, especially digitally, 4tb is the way to go.

This is honestly the worst thing about GAF that I've experienced over the years: people trying to downplay another person's horrible experience with a game. The responses usually amount to "Never happened to me so it's not an issue."

But your okay with the massive hyperbole that's at other end of the spectrum?

Anyways on topic. I wonder how new these games will be? I'd love to pick up a bunch of games I missed like mordar, FH2, or WD digitally for cheapish but I might be better off waiting longer.

Halo is going to keep me busy for a few months here.

I bet you see a couple launch titles (Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Ghosts etc.) on for half price and a boat load of discounted DLC. Prove me wrong Microsoft!

cackhyena

A lot of games are around 50gb. So even if you hold on to your games it will fill up eventually. Unless you sell every game you buy.

If you buy a lot of games, especially digitally, 4tb is the way to go.
Right, that's the thing. I don't hang on to my games. Even digitally. If I need room, it's no thing for me to erase an old game. If I can get a good enough deal on a 2tb, maybe I'll go for that.

Shauni

I might bite on DR3 for 20 bucks or less.

And Evil within for 30$. And Wolfenstien for the same price.

Thats all I can think of.

Are you commited to digital only? Because TEW and Wolfstein will be $30 at Best Buy and Gamestop. DR3 is going to be $25 at Best Buy, but it's the edition with the DLC included as well

Chris1

What are the chances of GTAV going on sale? Debating if I should get it tonight or wait until Friday
0% I'd say, I reckon the latest game we have even a slight chance at seeing on sale is FH2/Shadow of mordor and even if they go on sale, I would be surprised if it's more than 33% off.

Are you commited to digital only? Because TEW and Wolfstein will be $30 at Best Buy and Gamestop. DR3 is going to be $25 at Best Buy, but it's the edition with the DLC included as well

Not in the US. So yeah, digital.

Actually the size thing might a concern. Even aside from my terrible ISP FUP the HDD is already more than half full right now. :/

pronk420

that site has a countdown that says black friday and has a countdown at 5 days... how is 5 days time a friday when today is a wednesday?

E92 M3

that site has a countdown that says black friday and has a countdown at 5 days... how is 5 days time a friday when today is a wednesday?

Aliens.gif

JaggedSac

So I should say the game is completely broken because someone else is having issues with it and I am not? I also don't say games suck because someone else says they suck. Sorry.

h3ro

Hope there is a deal for Forza 5 GOTY and Forza Horizon 2.

So I should say the game is completely broken because someone else is having issues with it and I am not? I also don't say games suck because someone else says they suck. Sorry.
Sorry. Guess yours is broken. Take it back.

No you shouldn't. But you shouldn't dismiss the other persons account either though and finish the statement with telling them to return the product.

MCC runs like trash with 4 player co-op in Halo 3 for me. Frame rate drops all over the place with sound dropping out, difficulty finding people on my friends list, inability to add them to my game, etc.

You shouldn't have said anything in response to him. What do you get out of downplaying/disregarding someone else's bad experience with the game? You even go as far as to suggest that it's his copy that is faulty, when a quick Twitter search will show you that these issues are widespread.

JaggedSac

No you shouldn't. But you shouldn't dismiss the other persons account either though and finish the statement with telling them to return the product.

MCC runs like trash with 4 player co-op in Halo 3 for me. Frame rate drops all over the place with sound dropping out, difficulty finding people on my friends list, inability to add them to my game, etc.

I agree, I should not have been sarcastic at the end of that post. Did you play Halo 3 online or split screen? Just curious if you think frame rate drops are actually due to over the network synchronization issues of online co-op that Halo has always had. I hosted 4 player online co-op on Halo 3 with no frame rate problems at all. We played 6 or so missions.

Not really expecting much on XB1 and don't really need much at this point, but I'll bite on games like Alien, Evil Within, and Soul Suspect if the deals are good enough.

Five days from Monday? It could be Monday/Tuesday to Friday/Saturday. Maybe we'll get different sales each day.

jesu

Forza Horizon 2 for £20 and I'll trad in my disc.
£15 for Dead Rising and I'll bite for that too.

Prezhulio

Should I assume that digital sales will be cheaper than just buying the game at MS retail stores (for Black Friday)?

No. You should assume the exact opposite given prior digital pricing (besides steam and Amazon for pc game sales).

I'm locked in to an all digital library on my new consoles, and as tempting as the retail pricing is on Black Friday, if those deals (or something close) don't come to the digital marketplace on ps4 or Xbone, that's less money they see from me.

There's a reason my steam library is unreasonably large for the amount of gaming I actually do.

Forza Horizon 2 for £20 and I'll trad in my disc.
£15 for Dead Rising and I'll bite for that too.

If they have Forza Horizon 2 for 30 or less. I will trade in my disc also. Its annoying swapping discs and this is a game I have been playing a lot.

It would be nice if they price matched the stores prices, like Best Buy and Walmart.
I have like 5 games I would like to get, if they were available at like $30 or less digital, I would get them all digital.

E92 M3

I've stocked up on MS gift cards and ready to go. Hopefully they are at least as good as retail. It'll suck a lot if it's just 40 dollar games.

Top Bottom