• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Steins;Gate coming to consoles? (Speculations/El Psy Congroo/Don't get hype)

Prelude.

Edit: In the west, of course.

Update 2:
Yes, it's coming.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952801

Update:
capture1frevj.jpg

PQube has been teasing S;G-related stuff for a while, there's nothing confirmed but I think they might be onto something.

I'm just gonna link it since it's pretty lengthy and twitter-heavy.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/is-steins-gate-coming-to-console-in-europe/

It might also be just for a PC EU version but hey, if we're finally getting it, especially the Vita version which would be ideal, I'm not complaining.
I'm going to buy like 3 copies even if I've already played it.
Believe.

Prelude.

Its coming to Xbox One and so is 4-5 other Visual novels. Not sure about english release though
In the west. The game is already on everything in Japan.

I don't think it's been announced for the Xbone, anyway. But even if it isn't, it will. On PS4 too.

Not going to happen with JAST's current contract.

Anyway, this is pretty interesting. Hope something comes from it.
HYPE HYPE HYPE

I keep thinking the success of pretty much everything anime on steam will finally turn that around, but I know that remains pretty unlikely.

Played the PC game, and thought it was pretty cool! Still working on it, though. This would be great, if it is indeed the case. Hopefully more people will get a chance to try it out!

Tagg9

So what's the evidence for a console release? Just that PQube typically doesn't release on PC?

Don't be getting my hopes up here!

LiK

Never played the game(s) - adored the Anime though. Might give this a go.
From the first few eps of the anime I watched, they gloss over or shortened many scenes that are better explained in the game. Game is so much better. The game also has some insane alternate endings that were not in the anime.

Prelude.

From the first few eps of the anime I watched, they gloss over or shortened many scenes that are better explained in the game. Game is so much better. The game also has some insane alternate endings that were not in the anime.
Yep. And the soundtrack is briliant.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Did you ever watch the dub? The script is amazing.

Tagg9

It's pretty solid proof
if you believe enough

Proof that it's coming out in Europe. There's not a single hint related to consoles, and no real reason to believe otherwise considering what JAST has said in the past on the subject.

Bricky

I really want to play this instead of watching the anime, but I'd rather not play such a long visual novel on PC.

I would pay good money for a Vita release.

Considering how niche this is, are there that many people that are interested in a localized non-Steam PC version but didn't import the JAST one?

If 5pb. is approaching a western publisher about this, it would be pretty safe to assume it's not going to be some sort of digital-only release. 5pb. Games has already published titles themselves digitally on XBLA and PSN (for both PS3 and Vita), so if it was going to be digital-only they would probably publish it themselves. Just a thought.

blacksark

How many different Steins Gate games are there? And any of the officially released are in english?
I watched the show and I loved it so I'd pay for the games without any doubt.

Sakujou

Banned
a handheld release would be convinient. releasing this a big console title??? i dont know, but better than releasing it not at all.

Nosgoroth

Vita version please. I will believe as hard as I need to for it to materialize in front of me. I will even microwave bananas.

How many different Steins Gate games are there? And any of the officially released are in english?
I watched the show and I loved it so I'd pay for the games without any doubt.

There have been 3 so far:
Steins;Gate (the original, which is only available in English on PC for now)
Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling (a spinoff romantic comedy, available neither in English nor on PC)
Steins;Gate Senkei Kousoku no Phenogram (another spinoff with short stories from each lab mem's perspective, mostly non-canon, also neither in English nor on PC)

There's also a spinoff 8-bit text adventure on PC only, which has been fan translated.

is this even on steam yet?

5pb. isn't allowing it, allegedly because they have their own digital distribution service they're pushing (even though it's completely irrelevant in the West...)

However, the digital version is currently on sale at JAST for $22.49 (DRM-free) through Monday, so now is the best time to bite IMO.

Halabane

guess it would be okay to play as visual novel. though i think i would rather just watch the anime again. which was great. does this go beyond the ending of the anime?

Accoun

Hmm... The retail EU PC release theory sounds interesting. Is there a chance it would appear at bigger retailers or just at their online store? I can't pay internationally ATM, but some of the people I know regularly import games from UK...

Why are you doing this to me Prelude? I'd already lost hope.

Anyway, definitive day 1 double dip purchase if it comes on the Vita, retail and digital.

blacksark

There have been 3 so far:
Steins;Gate (the original, which is only available in English on PC for now)
Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling (a spinoff romantic comedy, available neither in English nor on PC)
Steins;Gate Senkei Kousoku no Phenogram (another spinoff with short stories from each lab mem's perspective, mostly non-canon, also neither in English nor on PC)

There's also a spinoff 8-bit text adventure on PC only, which has been fan translated.

Thank you for answering!
And in vita and ps3 we have all those 3 games but obviously only in japanese? It would be very nice from them to bring us these three games in english for console don't matter which one for me.

Top Bottom