• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pre Order bullshit : Dying Light, earliest you preorder, the more bonus you get

GZ8vuPL.jpg

Welp. This is utter bullshit. The earliest you blindly pre order a game, the more " bonus " content you get ?

Seriously ?

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, they find a way to make it worse.

I seriously hope this doesn't catch on.

I'm more concerned with the fact that the PS4 box seems to be going back to the PS3 thing again. The weapon BS I doubt has any consequence on actual gameplay but it will get young kids to preorder earlier, which is super shady. I'd hope this is the exception.

myco666

I don't see a problem if it is just to give you head start. If those weapons aren't avaible for people who didn't pre-order at any point in the game then it is bullshit. Also pretty lackluster pre-order bonuses if you ask me.

I'd just like to say that for the most part yeah this stuff is laughable but I've yet to experience or miss out on a preorder/exclusive DLC and the like that wasn't shit and I din't care about.

Avallon

We've already shown publishers that this kind of thing is okay because we'll do what they ask, regardless of how much we protest. I hate it, but it isn't going away any time soon.

We're drug addicts and they've pretty much got us by the balls.

Is this the game that's locking one of it's modes behind pre-order too? Too bad, this game looks a little fun, but I would never put up with garbage like this.

Rivitur

Banned
People called it genius for them trying to lock down all that preorder dough. But I ain't preordering this after they locked zombie mode away.

Chabbles

I don't see a problem if it is just to give you head start. If those weapons aren't avaible for people who didn't pre-order at any point in the game then it is bullshit. Also pretty lackluster pre-order bonuses if you ask me.

This, a million times over.

And people believe this is the greatest era of gaming? :/

Still not going to pre-order. Weapons you get for doing so will be garbage an hour into the game.

I dont consider bonus top tier weapons a bonus since I would prefer to just have the natural progression since having top tier weapons too early would just mean you get bored of using the same weapons (since stuff you find is worse)

DA2 was bad at that you got insanely OP gear early on

I don't see the problem. Those bonuses are lame anyway. If you have a slight interest in the game, what's the reason to not preorder now? You can cancel it if you have financial problem down the line.

explodet

Drakengard 3 did this as well with its preorder DLC on the Squeenix store.

Man, what a GREAT game that was. *thumbsup*

SerTapTap

Preorder to break the balance of the game is still pretty shitty. The preorder DLC weapons in Deadspace are always a very strong unfair advantage early on. Depending on the game a single gun you have instant access to can be a big balance problem.

HardRojo

Soon we'll get pre-orders like this:

• Pre-order now to get the last 25% of the game!*

*Otherwise you'll be able to purchase it for $20 on release day.

Edit: Wait, I forgot Capcom already locked the last part of a videogame behind DLC with Asura's Wrath. Damn.

Yeah, I'll take my chances on "missing out". Might even skip the game itself.

I think these offers prey on people with obsessive personalities and am surprised there haven't been tiered preorders based on date before now... I'm not a fan.

While I'm looking forward to this, I've downgraded it to sale price purchase since they revealed you had to pre-order to get the Zombie PvP mode.

This just further cements that I made the right decision to wait until it's below £20.

jacobeid

Banned
As if I needed another reason to be completely disinterested in this game.

Pretty gross and I hope other publishers won't adopt it.
They will.

Alavard

And people believe this is the greatest era of gaming? :/

Still not going to pre-order. Weapons you get for doing so will be garbage an hour into the game.

It is the greatest era of gaming due simply to choice.

Let's face it, we all have so many other games to play (and even many other in this specific genre!) that we can just ignore titles like these when they make bad decisions like this.

Nipo

Why can't i just preorder on amazon and a week or two before unwrapping it? If reviews and initial impressions say it sucks I'll just return it for a refund.

Top Bottom