• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pre Order bullshit : Dying Light, earliest you preorder, the more bonus you get

What's the big deal? Is there really a big issue here? Why are you whining? It's a pre order bonus... I love them. You put 5 bucks down and you get a T shirt or some poster or some Crap like that. It's awesome.

That's pretty shitty, but --

What the fuck?! That's way, way worse. Why isn't everyone talking about this instead of stupid weapons that'll probably be outdated 1 hour into the game? Holy shit... that's beyond scummy.

(Apologies if people are talking about this in another thread, I haven't seen it.)

Hahahaha
There was a thread.

And oh yeah, the trailer for it makes it look like it's just part of the game. I believe that might be illegal.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
There was a thread.

And oh yeah, the trailer for it makes it look like it's just part of the game. I believe that might be illegal.
Yeah was just gonna post, I googled to find the thread. Seems like you can at least opt out of being invaded, at least, but that's still incredibly asinine. Must be the worst pre-order shadiness I've seen so far.

jesu

Yeah there are, you need one to register on the site (from the pre order), I know what I said before was wrong tho. Just pre order it, and cancel/never pick it up. Not like they would know, and they can't punish you for not playing it (if you did buy it at launch and didn't play it for months for example)

Just make it up.

jesu

What's the big deal? Is there really a big issue here? Why are you whining? It's a pre order bonus... I love them. You put 5 bucks down and you get a T shirt or some poster or some Crap like that. It's awesome.

c78.gif

"early-access" or exclusive?

If the later, screw them.

And I don't see a problem with the AC promotion, those aren't contents locked out of the game, they are more comparable to promo stuff in comic-con, just more valuable.

This is the game where the only multiplayer mode is a pre order bonus

Yeah

Gothos

The more I hear about this game, the more I feel comfortable having taken it off my wishlist.

And what it has to do with the game itself? You think its creators are sitting there and instead of making the actual gamr they think about pre-order incentives? :) It is marketing department's job :)

gruenel

And what it has to do with the game itself? You think its creators are sitting there and instead of making the actual gamr they think about pre-order incentives? :) It is marketing department's job :)

Who gives a shit if it's the developers or the publisher, if you disagree with these practices you shouldn't buy the game, else it will get worse and worse.

All of this excessive pre-order incentive stuff that Techland/WB seem to be doing with Dying Light doesn't make it seem as though they have much confidence in their product.

Reeks of desperation.

There is absolutely no need for pre-orders in the digital age. They were originallly a way of making sure you get a copy of a game when demand was likely to outstrip supply. This no longer applies.

I wish consumers were a little mor discerning when it comes to stuff like this. We really are our own worst enemies.

piccolo85

Holy shit, is the "be a zombie" mode also locked away as preorder only on consoles?! I was kinda looking forward to this game, WAS. Cutting away game modes as preorder bonus is stepping over a line you should not cross.

We should organize: If millions of gamers would preorder such a game and then cancel 3 days before release, that would teach them!!

deeptech

Reeks of desperation.

There is absolutely no need for pre-orders in the digital age. They were originallly a way of making sure you get a copy of a game when demand was likely to outstrip supply. This no longer applies.

I wish consumers were a little mor discerning when it comes to stuff like this. We really are our own worst enemies.

Or when there is a collector edition with physical goodies like toys and whatever they put in those.

This one is by far most disgusting things i have seen publisher does in order to sell a product. It must be real piece of shit game or something. I bet it is..

Seeing some people actually even defending this , and saying how there is nothing wrong here, blows my mind. Gaming has never been so low

If I preorder yesterday can I unlock the title screen?

N,o you must preorder right now!!!
Its already too late

Altima

Seriously, when they add more promotion, more dlc or more item to preorder bonus. I feel that the gamew will not be very good becasue they really want us to preorder their unknown game.

N,o you must preorder right now!!!
Its already too late

You're right. At this rate the disc probably won't even spin. Guess I better preorder it digitally then. But there's no point in preordering digitally since there'd be no risk of not finding a copy...

I'm so confused.

sleepykyo

Seems reasonable. They got the money earlier so they should provide more compensation. Course that completely neglects there was a time when games were complete at time of sale.

Top Bottom