• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pre Order bullshit : Dying Light, earliest you preorder, the more bonus you get

Nafai1123

Banned
Next they will be making you pre-order the sequel for the game you just purchased to make sure you get the most stuff. Just you wait, I'm calling it now.

The End

Didn't Square-Enix do something like this for Drakengard? The earlier you pre-ordered, the better DLC you would get.

It was clear they were trying to get out ahead of reviews of the japanese version, because the game was terrible.

ExoSoul

Banned
Didn't Square-Enix do something like this for Drakengard? The earlier you pre-ordered, the better DLC you would get.

It was clear they were trying to get out ahead of reviews of the japanese version, because the game was terrible.
For some reason my post didn't go through but yeah, they did this shit with Drakengard 3.

SMZC

I preordered the game months ago. Not gonna bother with this shit, though. Hopefully it sends a message.

jony_m

Does this actually work? Might do that and buy the game on sale instead.

For DLC you get the codes AFTER the game ships but for some (maybe including this) you get it right away or before the game ships.. since you have to register said code on some site.

I got my Destiny Alpha/Beta like this.

Tak3n

Banned
Guys, cmon use your head....

pre order at Amazon, fill in their info, claim your 8 dockets, cancel the pre order at Amazon :)

Well, I preordered this game months ago for PC from the GAF Buy/sell thread for $21. I mean come one guys...at that price, you would've preordered it too.

Aaron D.

Jeff Gerstmann said it best about the utter uselessness of Pre-Order Bonus content.

It's entirely pointless in any meaningfull way because you can not withhold key game systems/content from consumers who don't pre-order, lest you sabotage any chances at positive buzz/reviews/word-of-mouth (aka sales).

All you're left with is Pre-Order Fluff.

Sou Da

Jeff Gerstmann said it best about the utter uselessness of Pre-Order Bonus content.

It's entirely pointless in any meaningfull way because you can not withhold key game systems/content from consumers who don't pre-order, lest you sabotage any chances at positive buzz/reviews/word-of-mouth (aka sales).

All you're left with is Pre-Order Fluff.

They withheld an entire multiplayer mode in this case.

HyperOne

Banned
Pretty freaking scummy...

I didn't really need another reason not to care about this game, but they gave it to me anyway.

Anion

Angry Joe is going to have a field day with this lol

I don't think a lot of people will get swayed by this tbh

myco666

Could someone please explain why this is so bad? Isn't this just a nice way to say thank you to everyone who preoders the game early?

fantomena

962.gif

I don't get the big deal. It doesn't look like this will change the game for someone who is on the fence and waits on reviews. If you are the someone that plans on getting it Day 1, you are getting a thank you for believing in them...it's basically what it is.

Krakn3Dfx

I'm guessing dmix90 from the FS/FT thread isn't going to be able to provide me with an order number.

Edit: How come Steam isn't on the list of resellers?

Additional edit:

NM, I put in 'steam' for the order number and reseller, and submitted it, and:

Thank you for registering your pre-order. The pre-order details have been successfully saved and you have received 8 docket(s).

DirtyLarry

Thanks for the heads up. Just signed up for 8 dockets.
I had $25 of Reward Zone Certificates expiring (unfortunately before the B2G1 sale), already had all of my games for the holiday season, so I put them towards the game I was most interested in that came out the soonest.
It happened to be this game.

Top Bottom