• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Skele7on

Banned
Serious question now guys: when you're saying goodbye to a female, say a relation of your SO, or similar, and they go for the hug/kiss on the cheek thing when you all say your goodbyes, what do you actually do? Just the hug (usually me)? Land a peck on the cheek? Lather them your saliva?

I've realised I almost always do the first, and I reckon I'm just being an awkward British cunt? Or is what I do the norm?

finger bang?

So...

How do I upload a playlist from iTunes to Dropbox?

with great difficulty.

I agree with Owen in regards to The Liars album greatness order.

Morning has been cool, so far, nothing really to report on, just I really hate the phone system we have here, it's all I bloody do now and it sucks, it's neither exciting or fun, didn't get in to IT to do this.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
i am sat here waiting for dynasty warriors 8 to arrive. c'monnnnn i want to hit a button over and over again until all 3000 enemies have been vanquished.

Eeeeeeeeeeerrrreggghhhh

Suggestions for new sayings. Please rate on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best

"I'm Placido Domingo" - I feel placid, mellow.

"That's a spoonful of coffee in your tea" - well, that's gone and ruined my day

"Fruity" - illegal

"Decapitation stations!" - get ready, bad things about to happen

"Kill that dog" - give it up, it's over

"Hard Albert" - that's hard luck

"thats Tebbit" - that's pure evil, a bit Hitler

"

Skele7on

Banned
Stop. Elaborate, I'll listen. Playlists in Dropbox is my brand new mission.

give me 30 mins haven't done it in yonks.

the issue with the itunes playlists is it doesn't actually take the music just a code to say play X Y Z

Side note, just accepted the media job over Rockstar.... damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought one could just highlight all the songs in the playlist and drag them into a folder.

Or maybe that's an OS X thing on a previous version of iTunes.

I'd have to be sitting at my own PC to give a more informed answer.

Eeeeeeeeeeerrrreggghhhh

Suggestions for new sayings. Please rate on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best

"I'm Placido Domingo" - I feel placid, mellow.

"That's a spoonful of coffee in your tea" - well, that's gone and ruined my day

"Fruity" - illegal

"Decapitation stations!" - get ready, bad things about to happen

"Kill that dog" - give it up, it's over

"Hard Albert" - that's hard luck

"thats Tebbit" - that's pure evil, a bit Hitler

"

These phrases remind me of Digitiser somehow.

I like "hard Albert"

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
These phrases remind me of Digitiser somehow.

I like "hard Albert"

Thanks!

It's quiet at work and I'm really bloody miserable. It's been quiet for so long now , I'm really starting to worry. I know I should be grateful for the salary and to be so under used but I really struggle. It makes me absolutely toxically miserable and makes me question the fact I exist at all.

Hard Albert, I guess.

The missus was describing something yesterday as "said it without being a kay burley", which accidentally sounded like an insult.

You're such a Kay Burley.

It's the hard c sound that makes it work.

The_Poet

Banned
Sweet, I've managed to source a PS4 for when Bloodbourne comes out. A friend will let me borrow his one if I buy the game.

Now to take about 6 months to finish it like all games I've played recently.

Kay Burley. Sigh.

Every time she's on sky I'm like "decapitation stations! She's Tebbit!"

I enjoyed her telling that fellow from Cage "nonsense, get over yourself" when he accused her line of questioning to be Islamophobic.

I think the closest I've ever seen to Farage getting Barraged was when Kate Burley took him to pound town over the billbords UKIP put up.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
How about "Burley Brawl" to reference floods of paparazzi?

Like it! It's my goal to have this whole thread be made out of Partridgisms and such.

Sweet, I've managed to source a PS4 for when Bloodbourne comes out. A friend will let me borrow his one if I buy the game.

Now to take about 6 months to finish it like all games I've played recently.

Lucky! I'm saving BB. Dark Souls is too perfect and I want to NG plus plus plus plus plus it first.

nah this role will be more of a career than rockstar just handed my notice in.

fucking crazyyyyyy

Well, good luck!

I enjoyed her telling that fellow from Cage "nonsense, get over yourself" when he accused her line of questioning to be Islamophobic.

I think the closest I've ever seen to Farage getting Barraged was when Kate Burley took him to pound town over the billbords UKIP put up.

She's not my favourite TV personality.

I like your assonance. Good skills.

NinjaBoiX

So did I, she was bang on the money with that line as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't even know who she was beforehand since I don't watch Sky TV and find the Murdochracy in general to represent everything wrong with contemporary media, but the vitriolic reactions are hilarious.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So did I, she was bang on the money with that line as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't even know who she was beforehand since I don't watch Sky TV and find the Murdochracy in general to represent everything wrong with contemporary media, but the vitriolic reactions are hilarious.

Meh. I'm not interested in her views. Her job is to explore and challenge the views of the people she has on. "get over yourself" and the response achieves nothing but a "yeah in your face nutter!" I don't want that from the news.

I don't like her interviewing style at all. She comes across as pompous, arrogant and incredibly conceited. Very Fox News-y. So count me on the side of the vitriol gang. I'm not a fan.

NinjaBoiX

I dunno, I don't think she was trying to push an agenda particularly and I found her candour refreshing.

Like a sexy an even sexier Jeremy Paxman.

I understand both sides of the argument.

It was clear with the Cage interview that she was essentially demanding that the guy declare himself as either one of the good Muslims or a Jihadi John sympathizer. In those terms I can see why people might see her as overly confrontational.

On the other hand, sometimes you need to cut through the bullshit a bit. The guy was being evasive and tried to kick the ball into the long grass by throwing out "islamaphobic/racist" accusations and she wasn't having it. In some cases you need the interviewer to wield authority to stop the interviewee from deviating from a line of questioning they don't like.

It depends, is the relation hotter and/or younger than your SO?

Nah, it's like her mum's friends/extended family.

I get down on knee, kiss them on their ring finger and say "until next time my fair maiden" and then gallop off on my horse.

I lack equestrian transport sadly. I'm in a right old hoof about it.

Depends how close you are.
With zs mum I do the non contact cheek kiss, with my best friend Sarah, I normally give her a peck on her forehead, most other people just get a hug

Peck on the forehead? Interesting, though can't unsee Aragorn/dying Boromir.

I kiss everyone. Most people get a big smacker on the cheek, some lucky cunts get a peck on the lips.

If I don't kiss you I either don't feel I know you well enough (I know most people well enough after one or two meetings) or I really don't like you.

So if they go for the hug/kiss combo, go for it too?

My partner's mum has been ill with and finally passed to lung cancer recently.

I have had a few absences (requested, I swapped shifts with people, which they granted) to deal with it all, supporting my partner, etc.

Yesterday was her funeral, and no one could cover my shift. I was crying because of the day and obviously my partner was in bits. They said I had to come in if I couldn't find cover, but I didn't go in. There was no way I was leaving my partner in that state, no matter how much I like my job.

Sorry to hear that. Just remember in reality you did the right thing. However being a retail business they'll give you the big formal proceedure route given the average low quality of staff/high turnover. They have been spun similar stories as lies plenty of times, so they won't give you the benefit of the doubt until you reiterate/argue the toss.

Symphonia

Banned
The correct way to say hello/goodbye.

FistBump_BaymaxButler.gif

Symphonia

Banned
Probably no help whatsoever, but I find games like GTA V or Red Dead Redemption (though I did read it didn't agree with you too well) to be extremely relaxing when I'm stressed. No rampages or anything, just load up a solo session online, pick a car, and drive. Don't place a waypoint, just go with it. Things like this will be better when Spotify is launched on PS4, as you can listen to your own music then, so whatever choons chill you out and calm you down.

Top Bottom