• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Reknoc

I just Googled 'cooked duck' and voila. Maybe my eyesight really is bad, but I can't see too much difference between turkey and duck.

Have you ever been in a supermarket at Christmas, or seen a duck? Turkeys are like, 3 times the size of ducks, they're gargantuan mega-birds.

8bit

Knows the Score
tumblr_m8ecxcEaUQ1r9epbqo1_500.gif

NinjaBoiX

I like some Chinese cooking and I love crispy duck and pancakes but hoisin sauce tastes like sauce cordial, it's far too concentrated and sweet, like it should be lightly drizzled over a dessert not meat.

Chinese cooking and their penchant for loads of salt or loads of sugar is so gross, I don't get it. It often tastes like a small child has sabotaged a perfectly nice meal to me.

The_Poet

Banned
I like some Chinese cooking and I love crispy duck and pancakes but hoisin sauce tastes like sauce cordial, it's far too concentrated and sweet, like it should be lightly drizzled over a dessert not meat.

Chinese cooking and their penchant for loads of salt or loads of sugar is so gross, I don't get it. It often tastes like a small child has sabotaged a perfectly nice meal to me.

I'm gonna sound like one of those annoying gap year students but the food I had in China was nothing like English Chinese food.

I think you just need to learn some English if you thought the word "Turkey" meant "Duck".

Everyone is truly shirtybin here lately.

Chinese food is generally westernised over here isn't it? I think the actual stuff is a different ball game. Guy in uni halls who was from China ate very healthily!

I have big love for duck pancakes.

I have it usually once a week, it's so good, usually with left overs make a banging duck stir fry next day....

I love belly pork and decent roast potatoes so I think the idea of someone else making it and butchering it then charging me for it is ridiculous.

Roast are easy as fuck to do,

bang that pork in the shoulder wait 40mins, peel and cut and boil potatoes for like 15 mins.
get them bad boys out whack em in some oil or goose fat if you're feeling posh smack them in oven for 40-50 mins depending how crispy you want em,
take out pork after the potatoes are done, let it rest for like 5 mins, cut the cracking off and smack that back in oven if not crispy enough yet, sit down eat that like a boss.

I cook my pork for longer than that, and in coke or cider.

I had the pork in coke thing once and couldn't make up my mind about it. Pork in cider sounds like a good combo though.

The pork in coke worked really well for us, and we made a Jack Daniels gravy to go with it.

I think it was pear cider we used and that worked great as well, we used that for the gravy.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I usually snort coke and then I go around looking for geese to punch.

I then go to a vegetarian restaurant for some nice quinoa.

NinjaBoiX

I'm gonna sound like one of those annoying gap year students but the food I had in China was nothing like English Chinese food.

Chinese food is generally westernised over here isn't it? I think the actual stuff is a different ball game. Guy in uni halls who was from China ate very healthily!
Yeah, I was really referring to the disgusting, toy food-looking slop you get from most takeaways, some people are like "mmm, it's so good", and I'm like, "well it's sure is salty, the sauce is like syrup and why is the meat illiminous pink?"

But yeah, home cooked Chinese food or eating at a decent restaurant can be amazing, it's just I've never known a cuisine where it's nearly always vile from takeaways. It's uncanny.

The pork in coke worked really well for us, and we made a Jack Daniels gravy to go with it.

I think it was pear cider we used and that worked great as well, we used that for the gravy.
Fuck, that sounds lush.

The_Poet

Banned
Yeah, I was really referring to the disgusting, toy food-looking slop you get from most takeaways, some people are like "mmm, it's so good", and I'm like, "well it's sure is salty, the sauce is like syrup and why is the meat illiminous pink?"

But yeah, home cooked Chinese food or eating at a decent restaurant can be amazing, it's just I've never known a cuisine where it's nearly always vile from takeaways. It's uncanny.

I'de rather take florescent chicken over a bland roast tbh.

So guys I've had a thought.

If someone has bad genes and can't tolerate wheat, could they get triggered by eating duck if that duck had been given fistfuls of bread at the lake before it died?

ztX3mMi.png

The_Poet

Banned
So guys I've had a thought.

If someone has bad genes and can't tolerate wheat, could they get triggered by eating duck if that duck had been given fistfuls of bread at the lake before it died?

I'm no scientist but I'm going to say no.

The duck, however, having carb loaded on bread would make an excellent marathon runner.

Again, I'm no scientist.

banofypie

Banned
bread isn't good you should cut it out of your diet and buy a nutribullet

spinach and frozen fruits in a smoothie

no sugar, only stevia

that duck is unfit

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That's like vegetarians isn't it. If you eat a cow that's only been fed vegetarian food then it's same difference. You can have steak for tea.

Mikeside

Gotta agree with this too, I've never understood this obsession with single ingredients in little individual piles on a plate with a few slices on meat and some gravy.

It's like a favourite meal for people with no imagination.

Z just told me you're dead to her.

banofypie

Banned
My mate Ash eats each part of her roast individually in reverse order of preference, so she ends up eating the roast potatoes and meat last.

She has the table etiquette of a five year old, bless her!

Wait, you're saying that isn't how people normally eat their meals?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If you don't like a good Roast, you're doing Brit-Life wrong. Fajitas or a great curry are always a better option though.

Did my first day of genuine Facilitating. It was cracking. I'm thinking build up the experience then move into a field that I care about instead of education. Transferable skills FTW!

Skele7on

Banned
How old was she? The one you were "Facilitating"

GF's birthday tomorrow, got a card and going for a meal, other than that her gift's not going to be here on time despite multiple threats to retailer....

I'm gonna die gaf. Also I have had one of those hangover days at work and have achieved nothing at all.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Wait, you're saying that isn't how people normally eat their meals?

E eats her meals like that. It's really cute.

If you don't like a good Roast, you're doing Brit-Life wrong. Fajitas or a great curry are always a better option though.

Did my first day of genuine Facilitating. It was cracking. I'm thinking build up the experience then move into a field that I care about instead of education. Transferable skills FTW!

Rock!

How old was she? The one you were "Facilitating"

GF's birthday tomorrow, got a card and going for a meal, other than that her gift's not going to be here on time despite multiple threats to retailer....

I'm gonna die gaf. Also I have had one of those hangover days at work and have achieved nothing at all.

You have no sympathy. I'm running on about 5 hrs sleep over the past few days, caused by things a hell of a lot less fun than drinking.

Actually. Have a bit of sympathy. I can't help it! Hope you feel better soon :)

My mate Ash eats each part of her roast individually in reverse order of preference, so she ends up eating the roast potatoes and meat last.

She has the table etiquette of a five year old, bless her!

I don't do this, instead I organise my consumption as I engorge foodstuffs so that there is an equal amount of each constituent meal part remaining at all times. So if I have a meat and potatoes meal with a 1:3 meat/potatoes ratio I will purposefully focus on the potatoes to equalize and restore balance to the foods.

Symphonia

Banned
I'll eat the 'side foods' first, such as chips or onion rings, then demolish the main part of the meal. Or, if I can, I'll balance it out - two chips or so to a bit of steak.

Skele7on

Banned
nathan-barley-o.gif

"Practically a Polanski!"

*shudders*

just laughed aloud in the office, whoops, me "working" cover blown.

You have no sympathy. I'm running on about 5 hrs sleep over the past few days, caused by things a hell of a lot less fun than drinking.

Actually. Have a bit of sympathy. I can't help it! Hope you feel better soon :)

yay sympathy, thanks! I don't feel awful, just feel really lazy.

Hope you feel better after your brain explosion yesterday.

I had a drunken/comedown anxiety battle last night that kept me up till 3am

I hate new jobs, having to meet new people YUCK!

I hope they don't block GAF there...

I flick the lightswitch off and on four times (never three, never five) between each mouthful, and wash my hands three times whenever one part of the meal (say, chips) runs out.

Whoever said they don't like roast dinners has clearly never had a well cooked roast dinner - there's a reason it's the nation's favourite food.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cute?

Now I feel so self-conscious about how I eat.

Daww cutey cute cute.

just laughed aloud in the office, whoops, me "working" cover blown.

yay sympathy, thanks! I don't feel awful, just feel really lazy.

Hope you feel better after your brain explosion yesterday.

I had a drunken/comedown anxiety battle last night that kept me up till 3am

I hate new jobs, having to meet new people YUCK!

I hope they don't block GAF there...

I sort of feel better maybe. I'm too tired to really feel anything. Just wanna go home and go into the happy land of videogames.

Yeesh. Ok have another extra sympathy. Hangovers meh. Anxiety I can empathise with.

Skele7on

Banned
Whoever said they don't like roast dinners has clearly never had a well cooked roast dinner - there's a reason it's the nation's favourite food.

Just calling out all the mothers and fathers today....

Jesus. Good call though, Y'all should be ashamed

I sort of feel better maybe. I'm too tired to really feel anything. Just wanna go home and go into the happy land of videogames.

Yeesh. Ok have another extra sympathy. Hangovers meh. Anxiety I can empathise with.

Yeah I know that feeling, Get home put some games on relax and get an early night.

YEAHHHH It wasn't fun, but at the same time my fault for being drunk/high, it's all going to be fine, I just need to control my shit for a while, as I know it gets to me something rotten.

Edit I just bought the MGS V collectors edition.... Now we wait..

Top Bottom