• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Happy Birthday Sah! Have a good day fella.

Please don't say this is because someone we don't really know's, boyfriend's mother died like last week.

The nation isn't in mourning Mike, for fuck's sake...

Nah dude, it was to do with my brain-dump post last night which I deleted quickly after. It was pretty bad timing, but no hard feelings. I think that maybe 80% of people on GAF don't actually read anyone else's posts unless they've been quoted :) It's narcissistic internet communications, I think we all do it.

Anyway, happy birthday Sah, you great big numpty :p

NinjaBoiX

Nah dude, it was to do with my brain-dump post last night which I deleted quickly after. It was pretty bad timing, but no hard feelings. I think that maybe 80% of people on GAF don't actually read anyone else's posts unless they've been quoted :) It's narcissistic internet communications, I think we all do it.

Anyway, happy birthday Sah, you great big numpty :p
Ah right, I didn't see that, I was asleep!

Soz Mike.

This is the only thread I read all the posts on unless it's someone who talks shit all the time! I do skim most other threads to be honest.

Those weirdos that regularly search their own handle to see if anyone is talking about them though? Yeah, those guys are lame.

just passing through to see if anyone's quoted me or indirectly referred to me in some fashion.

on a more important note, awwwww i missed a brain-dump. on a less important note happy day of birth...day.

banofypie

Banned
I'm descending rapidly into a very foul mood. Everything seems to be going wrong while in reality it's more than I've put everything on hold because final year of uni is absolute hell.

Symphonia

Banned
Duck is fantastic. Give it a go in East Asian cuisine restaurants for a treat.
Whenever I've been to a Toby Carvery though, it's always looked a bit dry. I can't vouch for it tasting dry as I've never had it, but...yeah, I'll give it a go in an Asian cuisine dish. Any recipes you recommend trying at home? Any sort of duck curry (I don't know if it's a thing or not) you can make with it?

Whenever I've been to a Toby Carvery though, it's always looked a bit dry. I can't vouch for it tasting dry as I've never had it, but...yeah, I'll give it a go in an Asian cuisine dish. Any recipes you recommend trying at home? Any sort of duck curry (I don't know if it's a thing or not) you can make with it?

They do duck at Toby Carvery's now???

I really like crispy fried duck pancakes with hoisin sauce, yum yum

Symphonia

Banned
I think you just need to learn some English if you thought the word "Turkey" meant "Duck".
They didn't have any signage at all. The least Toby Carvery could do is have a cartoon of the animal above the corresponding meat, or have the assistant behind the counter make the relevant farm yard animal noises. How else are simpletons like myself supposed to know which meat is the quack quack and which is the gobble gobble? :(

They didn't have any signage at all. The least Toby Carvery could do is have a cartoon of the animal above the corresponding meat, or have the assistant behind the counter make the relevant farm yard animal noises. How else are simpletons like myself supposed to know which meat is the quack quack and which is the gobble gobble? :(

Well that's one way to make the Toby Carvery more terrifying than it already is.

Skele7on

Banned
What the fuck is a Toby Carvery?

Never been there.

They have hookers there?

8bit

Knows the Score
It's a chain of restaurants where there is a buffet of dry meat left to cook under lamp lights iirc. Staffed by children by the sound of it.

I heard it started in medieval times when a man named Toby Donneville was killed and his body left out for days to rot. It was then carved up and served at a banquet as "duck meat," and so the chain was born and they retain this tradition to this day.

Only been in a Toby Carvery once.

It would be impossible for me to describe my experience without coming across as snobbish.

Suffice to say, I think the idea behind it is redundant; the food was just average, I have never bought a roast dinner that surpassed a home cooked roast.

Symphonia

Banned
It's an easy mistake to make.

Cooked_Turkey1.jpg

vs

1172.jpg

:(

It would be impossible for me to describe my experience without coming across as snobbish.

Suffice to say, I think the idea behind it is redundant; the food was just average, I have never bought a roast dinner that surpassed a home cooked roast.

The best thing about a roast dinner is cooking it, the smells permeating your entire house, the anticipation, your mouth watering. Well, maybe not the best thing, but it makes the eating of it so much more glorious.

Going out and buying one loses all that so it's no wonder the experience is a bit hollow.

The_Poet

Banned
Love duck as a starter, it really fits the bill.

Ducks come prepared in a lot of ways, you have to make sure you are Peeking the right one.

I quack myself up sometimes.

This here be the truth of the matter on buying roasts. They can come close on occasion, but they're never the same!

banofypie

Banned
did you only come back to this thread so that everyone would say happy birthday

because the only other times i've seen you here were when you wanted advice or for people to say well done that you did an adult thing

Skele7on

Banned
I have big love for duck pancakes.

I have it usually once a week, it's so good, usually with left overs make a banging duck stir fry next day....

I love belly pork and decent roast potatoes so I think the idea of someone else making it and butchering it then charging me for it is ridiculous.

Roast are easy as fuck to do,

bang that pork in the shoulder wait 40mins, peel and cut and boil potatoes for like 15 mins.
get them bad boys out whack em in some oil or goose fat if you're feeling posh smack them in oven for 40-50 mins depending how crispy you want em,
take out pork after the potatoes are done, let it rest for like 5 mins, cut the cracking off and smack that back in oven if not crispy enough yet, sit down eat that like a boss.

Volotaire

I have big love for duck pancakes.

I have it usually once a week, it's so good, usually with left overs make a banging duck stir fry next day....

I love belly pork and decent roast potatoes so I think the idea of someone else making it and butchering it then charging me for it is ridiculous.

Roast are easy as fuck to do,

bang that pork in the shoulder wait 40mins, peel and cut and boil potatoes for like 15 mins.
get them bad boys out whack em in some oil or goose fat if you're feeling posh smack them in oven for 40-50 mins depending how crispy you want em,
take out pork after the potatoes are done, let it rest for like 5 mins, cut the cracking off and smack that back in oven if not crispy enough yet, sit down eat that like a boss.

I can imagine the swag you have doing this.

All this roasting talk makes me want to purchase a steak this week.

The_Poet

Banned

Calm down Jamie Oliver.

Top Bottom