• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub was the UK's best-selling exclusive of 2014 at #19 including bundled copies

dugdug

Banned
The racer fended off other console exclusives The Last of Us: Remastered, Infamous: Second Son, Sunset Overdrive and Halo: The Master Chief Collection to come out on top, despite suffering from disastrous launch issues.

Kinda shocked it beat TLOU and Halo, to be honest.

Also, I guess this means it really *was* "PS4's Forza Killer"?

Via Videogamer

Driveovermyassclub if old.

Bgamer90

Banned
UK loves racers.

Forza Horizon 2 did better than The Last of Us: Remastered, Infamous: Second Son, Sunset Overdrive and Halo: The Master Chief Collection too.

kadotsu

Banned
gran-turismo-6-10.jpg
iBEdLUskP2UiJ.gif

The console exclusive juggernauts that drink the tears of Nintendo and MS.

Frillen

Isn't it because of bundles though?

Knack was also the best selling PS4 title of 2014 in Japan, but because of bundles.

jayu26

Yes, YES! Driveclub and Knack salt this past year has feed my soul.

I wonder how the second hand market looks for those games.

viveks86

Interesting! Would have expected tlou:r and mcc ro beat it. Apparently it's still selling well in the UK, so can't be all because of bundles

Saying that the game was bundle don't mean anything since all the other exclusive were bundle also .
Still good on DC and seeing that this is dics only is even better .

Putty

Official statement by Driveclub team GAF UK CS;

"Bundles or not, the more people playing the better. So many peeps who had been on the fence for so long took the plunge, and are being rewarded hugely".

Seanspeed

Banned
Also, I guess this means it really *was* "PS4's Forza Killer"?
Forza Horizon 2 was disqualified from being in the list due to technically being 'cross gen'.

There are a lot more PS4 owners than XB1 owners in the UK.

999% increase in sales due to being bundled.

jayu26

Would you have the passion for those titles if they weren't exclusives?
I don't have a PS4. My passion comes from people who get annoyed when anything positive comes for these games. Having said that I'm genuinly interested in buying Driveclub in the future.

Congrats to Evolution. The game is awesome. It deserves all the sales it can get now that the online structure has been fixed. It is really an amazing game. My 8 year old daughter plays it, and simply likes me to set it to time trials so she can drive around at like 50 mph.

Frillen

I don't have a PS4. My passion comes from people who get annoyed when anything positive comes for these games. Having said that I'm genuinly interested in buying Driveclub in the future.

I think you misunderstand people who are annoyed with positive news with these games, with people who comes with constructive criticism towards these games. The worst are actually the ones defending the titles like their lives depended on it just because they're exclusive for their system of choice.

I don't see a lot of negativity regarding DriveClub these days though, mostly because the game runs and performs great now. However, it didn't at launch, and most of the criticism around launch was understandable.

Percy

Banned
I know I'm never going to buy the game, but it was sort of worth this happening just to see the rustled jimmies coming off it :)

MK8 was still racer of the year though

SmokyDave

I love that the sales habits of my countrymen seem designed specifically to piss off GAF. It's like we're all in on some big trolling experiment. Wait until digital charts get released and 80 of the top 100 are Vita games, with the rest being various versions of Angry Birds.

sam777

Saying that the game was bundle don't mean anything since all the other exclusive were bundle also .
Still good on DC and seeing that this is dics only is even better .

Not all of them. Also Driveclub being Bundled from October to now will instantly get it more sales than TLOU that was bundled from July-Sept, due to the holiday season. And the majority of PS4 consoles in the UK at the moment contain Driveclub.

Vaga

Well deserved and great job to Evo for the fantastic support post-launch.

Happy to see this news generate more saltiness on GAF :)

Mokubba

Not all of them. Also Driveclub being Bundled from October to now will instantly get it more sales than TLOU that was bundled from July-Sept, due to the holiday season. And the majority of PS4 consoles in the UK at the moment contain Driveclub.

Is this a fact, and especially after the holidays?

Top Bottom