• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub was the UK's best-selling exclusive of 2014 at #19 including bundled copies

dugdug

Banned
And there's been no insecure Sony fans criticizing Horizon, right? C'mon man, don't stir the pot like this. Completely unnecessary console war shit.

To be fair, this thread is almost literally about *actual* console "wars" but, I agree.

QaaQer

And there's been no insecure Sony fans criticizing Horizon, right? C'mon man, don't stir the pot like this. Completely unnecessary console war shit.

That's my point. It is console war stuff, and it is going to happen for every first party exclusive. It is like the tides.

Next up, 1886.

I need one of two things to happen before I buy.

1. PS+ demo to try it out. If I dig it, I buy it.
2. 2 player. This should be in every racing, sports and fighting game. Every single one. No excuses. I would have bought this day 1 if it had this option at launch.

Auctopus

I tend to find the whole Gaf Drivecult culture pretty overbearing, but holy crap that's funny.

lol, you'd say you encounter Driveclub fanatics on GAF more often than "They lied to me.", "Still waiting on PS+ version", "I hope Evolution gets shut down." and "I might've bought it but due to the fiasco and lack of demo, I'm not going to now."

?

Really intrigued to give DC a go and have been tempted to press the buy button a few times on the PS4 bundle , it looks great, however being an XB1 owner and loving FH2 (different type of racer I know) its hard to justify picking up a PS4 at the moment.

Having played both FH2 and DC, I wouldn't buy a PS4 just for DC unless your a huge fan of racers. I prefer DC myself out of the 2 but it's probably best to wait until you have a few titles you want on PS4 and then buy DC alongside the DLC stuff.

QaaQer

lol, you'd say you encounter Driveclub fanatics on GAF more often than "They lied to me.", "Still waiting on PS+ version", "I hope Evolution gets shut down." and "I might've bought it but due to the fiasco and lack of demo, I'm not going to now."

?

You forgot 'driving model is broken, fh2 is my go to driving game'.

Forza Horizon 2 was disqualified from being in the list due to technically being 'cross gen'.

There are a lot more PS4 owners than XB1 owners in the UK.

999% increase in sales due to being bundled.

I wouldn't agree with that, the install bases aren't that far apart all evidence indicates.

Z3M0G

ibgov2LyaJ4Vq.gif

It took me a while to be sure that this is actually gameplay footage, and not real.

Edit: or at least CG

QaaQer

Having played both FH2 and DC, I wouldn't buy a PS4 just for DC unless your a huge fan of racers. I prefer DC myself out of the 2 but it's probably best to wait until you have a few titles you want on PS4 and then buy DC alongside the DLC stuff.

Or, see what the return policy is at your local bestbuy is and take it for a spin. Used DC is < $20, just be ready for rage quitting and frustration if you are the kind of guy that has to get all the stars.

Or, see what the return policy is at your local bestbuy is and take it for a spin. Used DC is < $20, just be ready for rage quitting and frustration if you are the kind of guy that has to get all the stars.

I definitely agree that DC is great but it's probably best that he has a couple of other games come out for PS4 before he goes out and buys it. That way, even if DC isn't his type of game, he has other games to fall back on.

Every outlet was chucking in a copy of Drive Club (as well as other games) to bump up the value of the bundle.

Off the top of my head, that included:

Game
Amazon
Argos
Smyths
Sainsburys
Tesco

While each outlet had their own spin on games included, nearly everyone included Drive Club at some point.

I am sure it sold very well, without bundling, but it is important to include that when discussing how successful it is/was.

Dargor

Its a great game, it deserves to sell a lot.

Its sad it had so many issues at launch, I think it would have done even better numbers if only it worked flawlessly from the get go. Hope Evo learns from its mistakes and delivers an even better game next time.

QaaQer

Drivecult? Really?

Its kind of like the enthusiasm some people have for dark souls insofar as both games are rare as hens teeth: AA/AAA budgeted games with single player design philosophies that went out of date in the ps2 era. No big game today allows the player to be frustrated or ragequit. DC & Souls, by doing so, also allow the player to have some real fist pumping moments of victory, which feels great.

I love that the sales habits of my countrymen seem designed specifically to piss off GAF. It's like we're all in on some big trolling experiment. Wait until digital charts get released and 80 of the top 100 are Vita games, with the rest being various versions of Angry Birds.

This is true. I know I base all my purchasing decisions on what would annoy GAF the most. If there was a Knack's Creed: #Drivekillzone, the Thiefening I would be all over that shit.

CozMick

Banned
Forza Horizon 2 was disqualified from being in the list due to technically being 'cross gen'.

Seriously from this post alone I'd swear you were affiliated with Microsoft lol.

Great job Evolution Studios.

Well, if the chart is correct, Driveclub outsold Xbox One and 360 versions of Forza Horzon 2 combined.

Philippo

Can't wait to see the same chart next year, with the amazing exclusive releasing this year (Bloodborne, Uncharted, Halo 5, ZeldaU...)

Faustus

Banned
It really beat Halo?
REALLY?
Edit: I'm not insulting DriveClub as a game but MCC seemed to have a bigger following

4 revamps vs 1 new game...could have went either way I suppose.

wtf - 59. Alien:CM.....71.Killzone, guess guerrilla would be better off taking a dump on our eyes next time instead of trying to make a good game.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Have you played it ?

Its a cracking game

It makes me very happy

Hello Ying, meet Yang.

I'm really glad for you. I have played it. I will say it's good. A good to average game. Not a game I would ever like to hear is the best selling exclusive. I wish there was higher quality games than that this gen. That's all. I don't think it's bad that I wish for more. I would say other fees launched with much higher quality games than driveclub.

Maybe I'm wrong and people are happy to settle for what I consider mediocrity but each to their own :D

Not really thought, DriveClub on PS4 sold more than Horizon 2 on XB1 and 360,
so I don't really see your point outside of being extra salty.

Top Bottom