• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub was the UK's best-selling exclusive of 2014 at #19 including bundled copies

Of course it was.

NqljwcW.jpg

Lol, well done!

Miles X

I don't .... get the response to this, and the weekly sales in PAL threads.

Literally nearly any game bundled will be at the top of the charts.

Foshy

It's my favorite PS4 first-party AAA exclusive so far.

So yeah, deserved.

Some people are acting like it's the only game ever that's getting bundled.

Yeah, that's part of the reason. But come on. Not the only one.

Even being broked at launch cannot stop the ride!

Knack - 2013
Driveclub - 2014
The Order - 2015
Knack 2: Whatcha Gonna Do? - 2016
Driveclub PS+ Edition - 2017

Best sellers for the next few years.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I don't even like driving games and I bought Drive Club. It's that awesome.

Miles X

So yeah, deserved.

Out of all exclusives, it was by far the most heavily bundled. I think at one point in time you couldn't get a PS4 without it bundled?? It's pretty evident that's why it's the best selling.

Before it was bundled Horizons overtook it weekly, despite releasing earlier. It's first few weeks were not v impressive either.

jayu26

I think you misunderstand people who are annoyed with positive news with these games, with people who comes with constructive criticism towards these games. The worst are actually the ones defending the titles like their lives depended on it just because they're exclusive for their system of choice.

I don't see a lot of negativity regarding DriveClub these days though, mostly because the game runs and performs great now. However, it didn't at launch, and most of the criticism around launch was understandable.
No, I understand the difference perfectly. I understand when a person says that Knack's level design is not very good and then goes on to explain why they think that. I also understand that people have different opinions and have different likes and dislikes. However, there are plenty who are just irrationally annoyed by existence these games. People irrationally defending it are also annoying, but I have seen a lot less of those.

And there are still folks who make drive by posts about shitty European tastes because of Driveclub ranking.

SerTapTap

Driveclub is the only game that visually at least that says next gen is here.

Not to mention it's fun to play.

Eh, Second Son and even Killzone Shadowfall are an obvious, and massive, visual step up over last gen. IMO even TLOU:R shows that if you're aware of the issues the original had and how impressive the 60 FPS is. Driveclub is the single most impressive game visually, but it's not the first game that's made my jaw drop on PS4 either.

It pissed me off so much that you can't actually do this in the game.

I actually prefer their weird collision physics because touching a wall at any point isn't an instant unerasable failure. It's clearly a design thing too, they've even tweaked it so it kills more speed but is still highly forgiving.

Percy

Banned
Is this a fact, and especially after the holidays?

It isn't.

I haven't seen a DC bundle PS4 near where I live (I live in one of the bigger cities in the UK just FYI) since Christmas week. Anecdotal of course, but that "majority" comment is definitely some tales from the ass sounding stuff.

Sunset Overdrive isn't.

Deserved, fantastic racer.

Part of the reason? It saw a near 1000% increase in sales the same week the heavy bundling started.

Pretty sure it was out of the top forty before the bundling started too...

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It's so satisfying to see this in light of all the gloating that went on when the reviews started hitting (not just talking about THIS forum).

nib95

Banned
Well deserved. It really is a truly fantastic racer.

Side note, as previously mentioned, there were several holiday PS4 bundles btw. Other bundles included GTA V, Little Big Planet 3 and Far Cry 4. The Destiny and Watchdogs bundles were also still in stock at most etailers and retailers.

dugdug

Banned

Agreed. Like, yes, of course, bundles helped. But, beating Halo still seems like a pretty huge feat to me. Like, that's a new IP defeating the (almost) entirety of one of the most popular franchises of all time.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
MS should have put this in bundle along with Unity instead of AC4.
Agreed. I gave away my AC4 code that came with my Xbone and would have much preferred Sunset. Ah well.

Excellent news for Evo and despite the bumps in the road (HA!) DriveClub deserves the success it's receiving now. The first real next-gen racing experience.

Deserved. This is one of the finest racers I've played in years! (even though bundles helped a lot XD)

Also, the best looking game currently on any platform.

Derpyduck

Banned

So yeah, deserved.

Part of the reason? It's *the* reason.

MS should have put this in bundle along with Unity instead of AC4.

Yep, instead they just let their exclusives die over the holidays in favor of Ubisoft. Yuck.

QaaQer

I think you misunderstand people who are annoyed with positive news with these games, with people who comes with constructive criticism towards these games. The worst are actually the ones defending the titles like their lives depended on it just because they're exclusive for their system of choice.

I don't see a lot of negativity regarding DriveClub these days though, mostly because the game runs and performs great now. However, it didn't at launch, and most of the criticism around launch was understandable.

there is plenty. We had a whole thread yesterday.

But yeah, you have to expect this as insecure Forza and Microsoft fans aren't going to be happy if people with a Sony console enjoy or (gasp) prefere driveclub.

ethomaz

Banned
After the launch fiasco it showed really good qualities.

Deserved.

DAT Destiny at #4

I told y'all, DriveClub is bigger than Gran Turismo. In the UK.

But I wasn't being serious. Maybe it is, though!
Well GT games sells between 500-1000k in UK in the first year.

Seanspeed

Banned
there is plenty. We had a whole thread yesterday.

But yeah, you have to expect this as insecure Forza and Microsoft fans aren't going to be happy if people with a Sony console enjoy or (gasp) prefere driveclub.
And there's been no insecure Sony fans criticizing Horizon, right? C'mon man, don't stir the pot like this. Completely unnecessary console war shit.

It isn't.

I haven't seen a DC bundle PS4 near where I live (I live in one of the bigger cities in the UK just FYI) since Christmas week. Anecdotal of course, but that "majority" comment is definitely some tales from the ass sounding stuff.

Sunset Overdrive isn't.

Bundle was actually limited.

But you knew that.

EGOMON

It seems Driveclub is the first and only game in history to be bundled after reading the responses here and on every PAL Charts for the last 3 months.

OT: Go Driveclub am excited to see what Evo is going to do with the sequel we know they already hired new talents

Cornbread78

Not fair, that PS+ edition was included in those.... Oh wait.

Really though, great job I hope Rushy and crew are happy with it. But guys, Sony, umm, really, can we get that promised PS+ version up and running, please? No pressure/bitching from me; I'd just like to give it a shot as I normally don't buy racers...

Congrats Evolution.

Really intrigued to give DC a go and have been tempted to press the buy button a few times on the PS4 bundle , it looks great, however being an XB1 owner and loving FH2 (different type of racer I know) its hard to justify picking up a PS4 at the moment.

Top Bottom