• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to charge money for continues in Resident Evil Revelations 2?

AHA-Lambda

From the newest Revelations 2 thread.

They were just revealed at the Spanish presentation event. You have to pay to continue if they kill you mid-chapter, if not you have to start that chapter again from the start.

http://www.mundogamers.com/noticia-resident-evil-revelations-2-tendra-micropagos.9263.html

WHAT??!

285.gif

Seriously I need confirmation on this microtransaction BS as I'm about to cancel my pre-order.

EDIT:

Like I said on the other thread: they're not charging for continues. The game saves at checkpoints, and they're charging for an item that allows you to revive right where you died instead of going back from the last checkpoint.

You can also get those items by playing the game.

It's still shitty, but less so.

is there an in-game currency system that it's pulled from or are they crazy enough to ask for real money? I think its the former but this is capcom we're talking about.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Google translation: "you can buy some crystals of life through daily challenges or paying with real money", there's a way to get these "crystals" without paying.

Manu

Like I said on the other thread: they're not charging for continues. The game saves at checkpoints, and they're charging for an item that allows you to revive right where you died instead of going back to the last checkpoint.

Sakujou

Banned
no way that this is true, if yes, this is going to be the scam of the year.

charging big moneiz for the game and then asking for more money to contine.

if this is a f2p i would have understood this but not this way.

if this comes true, people have to punish capcom for this.

AHA-Lambda

Like I said on the other thread: they're not charging for continues. The game saves at checkpoints, and they're charging for an item that allows you to revive right where you died instead of going back from the last checkpoint.

Right ok, slightly better =/

Added to OP.

We talking in game money or actual like money, money? lol
Both. They explain if you die in a chapter (they're about 20 mins long), you have to restart from the beginning unless you spend "life crystals" (which I assume you gain playing) or spend real moneys, which will allow you to continue from the same point where you died, without any penalties.

This won't end well.

Like I said on the other thread: they're not charging for continues. The game saves at checkpoints, and they're charging for an item that allows you to revive right where you died instead of going back to the last checkpoint.

Oh, so you still have checkpoints? Then whatever lol

I thought they were charging for DMC-like gold orbs and had you restart the whole level from the start.

Jackpot

Banned
It's essentially charging real money for those Gold Souls in Devil May Cry.

Orb_(gold).png

It's not super-egregious but what possible justification is there for demanding extra money in exchange for them?

Top Bottom