• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Developer Confirms PS4, Xbox One and PC Parity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krakn3Dfx

Gamingbolt and a PS site that shall not be named reporting on news out of the Turtlerock camp that Evolve will be 100% parity between all 3 platforms.

From game producer Chloe Skew:

But you know we do have parity between all three and I think that’s really helpful. You know it kind of silences that ‘Oh such and such is better’

But we want it to be an equivalent experience…console wars are so tedious. It’s like if you like that controller better, if you feel like that’s stronger than do what you want to do but we want to provide an equal experience for everyone.

More parity, this time not only affecting various consoles, but also the PC. Does this affect anyone's impressions of the game, or was it a foregone conclusion they would take this route due to the MS partnership?

Edit: Updated to reflect actual article quotes are taken from, which was posted yesterday.

thuway

This will not end well. The lukewarm reception to the beta, the DLC, and it's rollout was only the beginning. Turtle Rock gonna Ubisoft?

BigDug13

I guess PC spec wars are tedious too? Why ever improve technology if capitalizing on its existence is not worthy of pursuit. Just make games to the lowest common spec and disallow any improvements based on spec. Sounds fantastic.

I'm not a PC gamer but I don't understand how there can ever be "parity" involving PC... Can't you override most in game settings (texture filtering, AA, resolution etc) using programs or by editing .ini files? So even if parity is "forced" in that way, you could get around it?

Although I guess in terms of assets and textures what's there is there on all three platforms. Still seems like a very strange thing to say. Hope the game's good though :)

Parity...
nyTjQ0K.gif

thuway

I don't even know why as a developer you would do this, unless you are being financially or contractually shoehorned into this position. What could possibly benefit the end consumer from platform parity with the PC??

I was planning on picking this up if my "multiplayer" friends who are in purgatory from Destiny were going to pick it up. Nope. No thanks. -1 sale.

Raven77

The DLC fiasco and mediocre Beta impressions already had me on the fence. This news just pushes me over to the no-buy side.

If the developer doesn't want to put effort into making each platform shine, then they won't get my hard earned dollars. At least, not until the innevitable "GAME OF THE YEAR" edition that comes with a lot of the DLC and costs $39.99 on Black Friday.

lazypants

Yeah, I think this will likely bomb. It just feels like a $20 downloadable game, not a $60 retail game. And parity? Thats gonna piss off gamers even more.

jesu

Posted on Tuesday 11-Feb-2014

Very old news

also

I don't know if I can say if there's anything specific about Xbox One versus PS4 that is really going to stand out - they're both good consoles and we expect the game's going to be awesome on both of them.

SerTapTap

But you know we do have parity between all three and I think that’s really helpful. You know it kind of silences that ‘Oh such and such is better’

Such bullshit. Not sure I've heard a single thing about this game that sounds good to me other than the logo.

They didn't need it. This is the first time Microsoft didn't bring the high spec'd machine. I believe they are the ones pushing for parity to be a thing.

They already push for release date and feature parity officially, I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point. Though Witcher 3 is one of their marketing partners and still isn't bothering with parity.

They are going to break into every one of your god damn houses and change your graphics card when you're asleep. PC master race is at an end.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
As a PS4 owner. I'm delighted that owners of the Xbox One version will experience a game that runs the same. It's not their fault it's a weaker system.

I don't even know why as a developer you would do this, unless you are being financially or contractually shoehorned into this position. What could possibly benefit the end consumer from platform parity with the PC??

well, your average console->PC port usually is the same exact game but with resolution and AA options. Some tend to be pretty bad about being EXACTLY like their console counterparts (see Dark Souls 1 as a perfect example of this) and then some are basically what i posted earlier, like most Capcom PC ports for example. Solid PC ports, but theyre not pushing the tech front with crazy shadow options or 6 different AA implementations.

Seems that this is what Evolved will be, but they used the word Parity and done fucked up on their messaging.

Derpyduck

Banned
Why would you screw over the PC version like that? It's almost as if they hate money.

Also, that article is a year old.

EGOMON

These guys are pushing their luck, you know what fuck off with this bullshit ain't buying shit from you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom