• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Developer Confirms PS4, Xbox One and PC Parity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory

Too many red flags for me to ignore now....

Cancelling my pre-order if true, i dont want my game being held back for another system i dont own if there isnt a valid reason like cross-platform multiplayer.

Edit: Old quote huh? Im still going to wait for DF full game analysis before i even consider buying this game again.

Shouldnt this thread be closed or retitled now?

Sorry, I misread it. The Chloe Skew quotes are new. There's no reference to Totalxbox's article from what I can tell which used Phil Robb's quotes, though why did the OP post that one, I don't know. However as others have said, judging by the beta there's no parity.

Yeah, the article was stealth edited. Makes no sense why Krakn would originally post it, though. It's still a dumb article as we know there isn't graphical parity at least. PS4 version is 1080p and XB1 is 900p. Feature parity on the other hand is there and that makes obvious sense. I'm not sure I trust this article now.

That is funny, because both the Evolve beta and Witcher 3 at last week's hands-on events are running at different resolutions on Xbox One and PS4, don*t they?

Shhhh... they need something to rage about.

Gamingbolt and a PS site that shall not be named reporting on news out of the Turtlerock camp that Evolve will be 100% parity between all 3 platforms.

Yeah right...

A few days ago in the pre-launch stress test the game was 900p @ Xbox One, 1080p @ PS4 and whatever you can have/push @ PC...

I am pretty sure that I was playing at native 1440p on my PC and not upscale from 900p...

Well that article is just:

Bullshit.gif

Witcher 3 is 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One.

It doesn't matter. CD Projekt Red is marketing it as parity across all versions. They said in an interview on Monday "all versions will look nearly identical with same assets, textures, and models across all versions."

It's marketing

Cornbread78

GAF->Space Time Continuum->GAF.

I blame it completely on Unity. I mean, people wer kinda pissed about it before, but Ubi took it to the next level and completely knocked it out of the park with "Paritygate." The fact that it is with two MS marketing deals (games) is just a side note at this point.

Elios83

Yeah right...

A few days ago in the pre-launch stress test the game was 900p @ Xbox One, 1080p @ PS4 and whatever you can have/push @ PC...

I am pretty sure that I was playing at native 1440p on my PC and not upscale from 900p...

Bullshit.gif

Thread should be locked, it's based on old usual PR comments, the beta has already showed there will be differences.
No need to spread FUD and harm the game.

Thread would have a sense if the PS4 version suddenly went back to 900p :D

Head.spawn

That is funny, because both the Evolve beta and Witcher 3 at last week's hands-on events are running at different resolutions on Xbox One and PS4, don*t they?

That's true. I think eventually people will realize that parity is nothing but a generic term that could mean a number of things, I don't hold my breath though. This is what? Parity freak out thread #2554.

CoD:AW was on the parity train as well.
Yeah right...

Bullshit.gif

No way, don't lock. I wanna see how many people cancel their preorder over a word.

Amir0x

Banned
Witcher 3 is 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One.

No, I think that's the point.

He's saying that it's no coincidence that these companies are coming out and lying in their marketing; it might be a symptom of the fact they have marketing deals with MS and that might be a condition of that deal (i.e. "in interviews you must say the games have parity")

I said earlier I would track games with marketing deals to see if this comes up a lot, and to be honest after some investigation into this issue already I have to say there really is an alarming crossover between companies that have marketing deals with MS and claim parity and those that don't.

I was shrugging this off before as a dumb conspiracy, but now I am not so sure. Correlation doesn't equal causation, but it is bizarre. This sort of thing rarely if ever happened with marketing deals on PS3, and I have been tracking games with marketing deals on PS4 and have not seen a similar correlation with companies trumping up how much better the PS4 version might be (which would be the equivalent of this sort of statement on PS4's system this gen).

Liamario

Banned
I understand the thinking that you want everyone to have the same experience. But here's the thing, whatever platform you buy it for, xbone or ps4, you're not going to care how the game runs on the other platform. So there is no logical justification for it. You should car the the game runs properly on your chosen device.

He's saying that it's no coincidence that these companies are coming out and lying in their marketing; it might be a symptom of the fact they have marketing deals with MS and that might be a condition of that deal (i.e. "in interviews you must say the games have parity")

I said earlier I would track games with marketing deals to see if this comes up a lot, and to be honest after some investigation into this issue already I have to say there really is an alarming crossover between companies that have marketing deals with MS and claim parity and those that don't.

I was shrugging this off before as a dumb conspiracy, but now I am not so sure. Correlation doesn't equal causation, but it is bizarre.

Yep EXACTLY.

Its no coincidence that all 3 in their marketing are emphasizing how the games are the same across all consoles and PC. I wasn't a believer of that conspiracy either but is it not bizarre how all 3 games with MS marketing deals are doing the same thing?

GnawtyDog

Banned
Articles with dev quotes say there is parity, users here say there is not because of BETA.

Unless final resolution is clarified we could have a case of Destiny where the final build is indeed resolution parite.

Unless someone here has info I don't know about.

Melchiah

Of course they do, its how they make their money. Stuff like this generates traffic.

Sounds like Gaming Bolt deserves a place on the list of banned sites. At least I won't give them clicks from now on. It's pretty sad, that news outlets feel they need to distort facts to generate traffic.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Between this and the DLC issue I will not be touching this game until it gets a $12.50 sale like Titanfall with all DLC just got.

I was shrugging this off before as a dumb conspiracy, but now I am not so sure. Correlation doesn't equal causation, but it is bizarre. This sort of thing rarely if ever happened with marketing deals on PS3, and I have been tracking games with marketing deals on PS4 and have not seen a similar correlation with companies trumping up how much better the PS4 version might be (which would be the equivalent of this sort of statement on PS4's system this gen).

Ok, seems like I misunderstood his post

Yes! Everyone should get the same experience for their money in my opinion ;)

Ok! That's your opinion fair enough, even if I think it's slightly deluded.

We should all get the same core experience yes, but if devs can get more out of the higher end hardware available, many expect them to take advantage of this whether that's PC or console.

I didnt realize the console versions run at arbitrary resolutions, higher settings, multiple AA options, AF, arbitrary framerate, and per-object motionblur.

Man these PR doods just love saying stuff. Even if it goes against straight facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom