• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Developer Confirms PS4, Xbox One and PC Parity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiniyta

I don't think this thread servers a purpose at all except stirring up shit. People played the pc b eta of it. That game was fine. It was a dumb comment that didn't end up being true anyway.

tumblr_inline_n77vknImtQ1s9979a.gif

With every word spoken, Turtle Rock and 2K give me another reason to never buy this game.

Not because I want console debates but because gimping something intentionally to match the specifications of its weakest link is a shitty and unfriendly business practice.

Com_Raven

It is great to see everyone really getting into the argument and being passionate- but before getting in a frenzy over a very old quote, we might instead consider the builds that people recently played ;)

GnawtyDog

Banned
He now replaced that article with this. However that's still referencing the old one.

So did they actually talk with the dev recently or just outright plagiarizing?

Edit: nvm.

Sorry, I misread it. The Chloe Skew quotes are new. There's no reference to Totalxbox's article from what I can tell which used Phil Robb's quotes, though why did the OP post that one, I don't know. However as others have said, judging by the beta there's no parity.

Yep, they seem to be new quotes. Parite confirmed.

I think this is awesome for gamers because now everyone get the same experience and no one has the felling that he has the weakest version :) Parity rules in my opinion, it makes more console power useless and even the one with the weaker console does not feel like they have a less worthy game :) But this is only my opinion, and by the way graphics are far less important than gameplay for me ;)

Melchiah

But we want it to be an equivalent experience…console wars are so tedious. It’s like if you like that controller better, if you feel like that’s stronger than do what you want to do but we want to provide an equal experience for everyone.

Even when they bought a certain system, whether it's PS4 or PC, because it should run the games better? Talk about doing a disservice to the owners of those two platforms. By doing so they're actually pampering the owners of the platform (and the company behind it) with the less capable hardware, and contributing on the console wars whether they like it or not. I'm glad I wasn't going to buy their game anyway.

EDIT: In retrospect it's pretty amusing, that their test phases didn't have parity. They started first on the XB1, and I couldn't even play the alpha on my PS4 as it failed to connect to the server.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I think this is awesome for gamers because now everyone get the same experience and no one has the felling that he has the weakest version :) Parity rules in my opinion, it makes more console power useless and even the one with the weaker console does not feel like they have a less worthy game :) But this is only my opinion, and by the way graphics are far less important than gameplay for me ;)

Graphics are "less" important but you think parity is awesome?

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
not this shit again

Ape

Banned
So you are saying textures, audio, and models were affected by this so called parity mandate? Wut man?

I don't know, what I'm reading in the OP is that the games are the same, but reading some of the comments are that the Beta has different assets?

As a PS4 owner. I'm delighted that owners of the Xbox One version will experience a game that runs the same. It's not their fault it's a weaker system.

This is one of the best posts i've ever seen on GAF :) Thanks, this is really fair and as a XBox One owner I say thank you :) If more gamers would be like this then it would be awesome, we would fight less each other who has the best and most powerful console, and instead we would play more games and have fun!

tkalamba

I don't know, what I'm reading in the OP is that the games are the same, but reading some of the comments are that the Beta has different assets?

The OP article was apparently updated, it was basically using a quote from a Year ago. Peoples experiences with the Beta tell a different story than what is being quoted.

BibiMaghoo

Why the fuck would you parity a PC and console version? I get the console versions, but gimping a PC release is only going to piss people off, it's not going to help anyone.

Old quote is old I guess...

Regardless, I expect more console parity crap this gen.

Edit:

This is one of the best posts i've ever seen on GAF :) Thanks, this is really fair and as a XBox One owner I say thank you :) If more gamers would be like this then it would be awesome!!!

Wut? So you want more games gimped to the lowest common denominator. Can't tell if serious....

Toxa

It's not the PS4 owners fault that the Xbox One is the weaker system.
So the PS4 owners shouldn't suffer because of the garbage that Don Mattick & Co. produced a few years ago.

2 generation ago ps2 was the weaker systeme and parity was out of the question ... but why now parity is so important ? maybe because someone is not happy ....

Calmine

So with that I'd take it it won't have FOV options or higher graphic options than console?

Did the beta have FoV option?

JordanN

Banned
Why the fuck would you parity a PC and console version? I get the console versions, but gimping a PC release is only going to piss people off, it's not going to help anyone.

Hypocrisy much?
Why should PC gamers be angry and not PS4?

Either every platform gets used or everyone gets the worst version.

Niteandgrey

Neo Member
I suddenly became less interested in Evolve.

I wonder if this was a decision made internally without pressure or if MS is pressuring them.

What an awful technology decision. How does technology move forward with consumers if software developers target the lowest common denominator for the peak experience?

So we have

Evolve
Witcher 3
and Unity

all talking about Parity across all versions. All 3 have marketing deals with MS. Coincidence? I highly doubt it

I don't give a fuck about graphics parity even though i know some will really not like it, especially PC gamers.

To me what seems like a scam is the DLC. That sucks because the game looks like a blast multiplayer wise. Will still wait for the reviews and decide...

So did they actually talk with the dev recently or just outright plagiarizing?

Well they didn't cite a source. Wow.

EDIT: So funny to see the idiot drive-bus still coming in.

Sorry, I misread it. The Chloe Skew quotes are new. There's no reference to Totalxbox's article from what I can tell which used Phil Robb's quotes, though why did the OP post that one, I don't know. However as others have said, judging by the beta there's no parity.

Com_Raven

So we have

Evolve
Witcher 3
and Unity

all talking about Parity across all versions. All 3 have marketing deals with MS. Coincidence? I highly doubt it

That is funny, because both the Evolve beta and Witcher 3 at last week's hands-on events are running at different resolutions on Xbox One and PS4, don*t they?

BibiMaghoo

Hypocrisy much?
Why should PC gamers be angry and not PS4?

Either every platform gets used or everyone gets the worst version.

Lmao, there is no hypocrisy there. They want to avoid console wars. The clue is in the name. Both consoles are fixed hardware, a PC can be in any range, and easily higher than both.

I don't think you know what hypocrisy means.

tkalamba

That is funny, because both the Evolve beta and Witcher 3 at last week's hands-on events are running at different resolutions on Xbox One and PS4, don*t they?

Wasn't Witcher more or less confirmed at this point that the resolutions differ between the platforms? At least for the time being.

The only thing I can even think of when it comes to parity in these cases is maybe feature parity, and even that I'm not quite sure of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom