• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-Power Ranger Ricardo Medina, Jr. (Wild Force Red Ranger) arrested for murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/01/power-rangers-ricardo-medina-arrested-murder-sword/

One of the stars of "Power Rangers Samurai" has been arrested for stabbing his roommate to death with a sword ... TMZ has learned.

Ricardo Medina Jr. was busted Saturday afternoon by L.A. County Sheriff's deputies in Palmdale, CA ... after a fight broke out between himself and the roommate ... Joshua Sutter.

According to law enforcement ... Medina retreated to his bedroom with his girlfriend -- but Sutter forced his way into the bedroom ... and that's when Medina allegedly stabbed him once in the abdomen with the sword.

Medina called 911 and waited for for cops to arrive. He was arrested and booked for murder. Sutter was transported to a hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.

Medina got his break in Hollywood as the Red Ranger on "Power Rangers Wild Force" back in 2002. He went on to play Dekker on "Power Rangers Samurai."

He's still in jail, and bail has been set at one million dollars.

Well...shit.

Honestly sounds like self-defense, from what the article says. Roommate forced his way into the bedroom, Medina called 911 and waited for the cops.

EDIT: Released without charges pending further investigation.

http://abc7.com/news/da-requests-more-investigation-in-case-against-ex-power-ranger/502465/

bail has been set at one million dollars.

66nbLzF.jpg

According to law enforcement ... Medina retreated to his bedroom with his girlfriend -- but Sutter forced his way into the bedroom ... and that's when Medina allegedly stabbed him once in the abdomen with the sword.

Medina called 911 and waited for for cops to arrive. He was arrested and booked for murder. Sutter was transported to a hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.

California folks.

IIRC there was another power ranger who killed a couple on a yacht but I forget the guy's name. This one sounds like self defense though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
IIRC there was another power ranger who killed a couple on a yacht but I forget the guy's name. This one sounds like self defense though.

That wasn't a Power Ranger. That was a guy who was an extra on PR when he was a kid. The media did a TERRIBLE job of reporting on that one.

jond76

Banned
dafuq

Wonder what the motive was?

Sounds like the motive was, "Oh shit this guy just busted his way into my room!"

Weird to get slapped with murder. Having said that, they may have slapped him with a high charge because they know they can't prove it, and he will plea for something lower.

Vyroxis

Banned
California folks.

Well obviously he should have let his roommate beat the hell out of him and his girlfriend. Defending yourself with a potentially lethal weapon is a sure sign that you are a cold blooded killer in the making, so locking you away is obviously the best option.

Artorias

Banned
No, not at all. Sounds like this was self-defense,anyway, so I couldn't use this as justification against liking shows intended for hyperactive preteen boys.

Its wierd that you wrote this like it was a burn when that is literally the target audience. Any particular reason you're so upset about this?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It does sound like self-defense. Still, it's going to make Wild Force or Samurai reunions awkward.

Jason David Frank chimes in, being his douchebag self.

Take off the goggles people, JDF is a mega-douche.

WillyFive

The way the article worded made it sound like self-defense, so it makes the murder sentence seem like it was something even worse; albeit still accurate. The argument should never have happened and now both parties came out much, much worse because of it.

Lol! Sorry, it was teed up so nicely for me. I won't antagonize you guys any more. Heaven forbid someone joke about me indulging in something not created for my age group.

Its one thing to enjoy something meant for a different age group, it's another to antagonize the people that do.

Is it sad that I find this guy to be even more of a lunatic than the guy that killed a man with a sword in 2015?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Is JDF channeling his early Green Ranger heel persona via social media or something?

'cause that's what it feels like lately.

Slayven

It does sound like self-defense. Still, it's going to make Wild Force or Samurai reunions awkward.

What a fucking idiot.

When they usually say Power ranger actor, it is usually a guy that was like a extra in one episode.

Yea man, think about the franchise when something like this happens! Nothing else matters!

...what an asshole.

someone unarmed you know and were just arguing with barging into your bedroom doesn't mean you gouge out their stomach with the nearest sword imo. So it's only natural they charge him with murder and let the trial sort itself out with the back and forth arguments/evidence. If they decide to sentence him to a lower charge of manslaughter or even self defense instead fair enough.

Bravocado

What a terrible, senseless thing. A lot of lives ruined by this.

Also it's getting increasingly hard to say Tommy was my favorite lately.

benzy

Seems like some of the story details are missing. If they're only arguing why did the roommate decide to break and force his way into the room? Not to mention Medina basically called the cops on himself and waited for them, doesn't seem like he intentionally tried to kill the roommate.

someone unarmed you know and were just arguing with barging into your bedroom doesn't mean you gouge out their stomach with the nearest sword imo. So it's only natural they charge him with murder and let the trial sort itself out with the back and forth arguments/evidence. If they decide to sentence him to a lower charge of manslaughter or even self defense instead fair enough.

I'm not arguing stabbing someone in this case isn't extreme, but cops have been shooting to kill unarmed victims lately and they don't even get charged with anything. =| The US justice system is total bullshit.

vareon

Condolences to the victim's family (and Medina too, doesn't look like he's trying to run or anything).

Big no to JDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom