• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man-at-Arms buids Final Fantasy Kitchen Knife Set

jett

D-Member
Ruz408M.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm6m8TEyfcc

This is actually rather neat, functional too. That is one lucky girl. Squeenix would make a killing if they actually sold something like this. :p

Wow, a collectable you can actually do something with outside of collect dust. I wish more things took this route. Really great work and design.

Tenebrous

Just when I thought it wasn't possible to make the gunblade look even more stupid... Well, there you go.

Cool idea.

So awesome!

How about a part two, where these guys create a deluxe knife set with Gilgamesh as the knife holder with a total of 8 blades? Straight up you would see this GAFer bust out some manly nerd tears of joy.

Alfredo

I'm gonna email these guys to make me a Monokuma Championship Belt because of how much I like Danganwrestling.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Isn't the buster sword like an assembly type thing? Like a puzzle sword made of a number of different pieces.

This is really cool nonetheless.

The set looks great but do you think she was actually a final fantasy fan or was this a reality TV type thing?

Im not really sure the fan part was real.

Sheroking

So damn cool.

Ultros was a weird pull, though. I would have went with a big Moogle or have the knives slide into the back of Chocobo or something.

Wazzy

Banned
It's great but they should have made Tidus's sword and Zidanes daggers, not Masamune and Auron's sword.

Still, Gunblade is there and looks amazing. <3

It's great but they should have made Tidus's sword and Zidanes daggers, not Masamune and Auron's sword.

Still, Gunblade is there and looks amazing. <3
Isn't the Masamune the most beloved sword in the series next to the buster? I thought it was even more popular than the gunblade.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Pretty cool, but basically nonfunctional as working kitchen knives.

Also, I'd rather have stainless steel on a decorative piece (or actual kitchen knife) as I'm not a big fan of the care needed with high-carbon steels. 1084 steel will get a nice patina, but that kinda ruins the look as FF pieces.. and it's work to get that patina right so it doesn't react to foods so much. Yet, again the handle and blade shapes are pointless for kitchen use.

Wazzy

Banned
Isn't the Masamune the most beloved sword in the series next to the buster? I thought it was even more popular than the gunblade.
Eh, it's definitely super popular but it seems ridiculous to do two seven swords when it's a final fantasy set and Tidus's sword is very popular.

openrob

Whats cool is that the winner comments on the youtube vid and you can see she so happy with the set - and oy shows how much she loves the series.

p.s. I want! I would cut my wedding cake with the Buster Sword if I was her

Eh, it's definitely super popular but it seems ridiculous to do two seven swords when it's a final fantasy set and Tidus's sword is very popular.
I didn't think about that but it's a good point. For her specifically though, FF7 seems to hold a special place since it was her first game to have emotional attachment to, so perhaps it worked out best in this situation. Not sure if that was intentional or not lol

I need a kitchen mallet that looks like Havel's...thing from Dark Souls. What ever it was. A dragon's tooth right?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
+5 damage to all fruits and veggies
Break 9999 damage limit
Causes immunity to Hunger status

XJF

That's the Fusion sword from Advent Children. The Buster Sword is a single sword.

I'm just here to give you mad props for being the only I've ever known to call it by the closest thing we've ever gotten to an official name for the weapon, as "Fusion Sword" was confirmed as the name they gave it during production. Kudos, my good sir.

Kilau

Functional? Well they will cut things, sure.

They look like a pain to grip and would just slow me down, they do look cool and the block is also neat.

Top Bottom