• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Dogma Online new screens

These are the same screens published in the last Dengeki PS:

1423736048-dd-online-renders-1.jpg

1423736147-1.jpg

1423736147-2.jpg

1423736147-3.jpg

1423736147-4.jpg

1423736147-5.jpg

1423736147-6.jpg

1423736148-7.jpg

1423736164-8.jpg

1423736474-1.jpg

1423736474-2.jpg

1423736474-3.jpg

1423736475-4.jpg

1423736475-5.jpg

1423736474-6.jpg

1423736475-7.jpg

1423736475-8.jpg

1423736475-9.jpg

1423736048-dd-online-renders-2.jpg

1423736313-1.jpg

1423736313-2.jpg

1423736313-3.jpg

1423736314-4.jpg

1423736314-5.jpg

1423736314-6.jpg

1423736314-6.jpg

1423736314-7.jpg

1423736315-8.jpg

I really hope it will come in Europe.
Update: some other screens:

Man that deer is pretty bad and that screenshot with the boat. Ouch. Course its still in development so things will probably improve.

Pooya

Nice beach, looking pretty good, always liked the armor design in the game, light armor in particular tend to look terrible in other fantasy games. It looks about same as the original which is good enough for me.

Really liking the character designs. But not so much the environments. They look more colourful than the first game, but just as artistically bankrupt. Yikes.

I wanna fly into free in Europe with my friends!
I even did write to their email @ feedback@capcom begging for it to come to the West QQ

moozoom

I'd gladly pay a subscription fee for this game... but it seems all the online games I want to play never come to europe. (DQ X !!) Unlike many, I still have a place in my heart for Capcom (enjoying Monster Hunter 4U greatly) so I still have hope for this one.

With reserves for the FTP element of course.

Zareka

I like that beach area. Throw in some snowy areas and I'll be happy Capcom!

Sure, the graphics don't look that great but what sane person plays Dragon's Dogma for the graphics

Zareka

Has Capcom said anything about being able to carry over our old characters from DD1?

I doubt it, considering the first is a single player RPG and this is an MMO-esque multiplayer game.

I'd wager they'd be easily re-creatable though. Looking like there's a lot of asset reuse so I'm guessing the character creator will remain mostly the same with more stuff.

I like that beach area. Throw in some snowy areas and I'll be happy Capcom!

Sure, the graphics don't look that great but what sane person plays Dragon's Dogma for the graphics

This.
The original on PS3 wasn't a graphical masterpiece:

PS3_037.png

but personally I enjoyed it more than any other RPG the last gen, so the gameplay was the winning point for me.

If this new version will have the same mechanics, I'm all in.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
"They hold the advantage!"

Sacrilegious as this may sound, I actually think Dragon's Dogma would work quite well as an MMO. The sponginess of some of the enemies in Everfall/BBI, the amazing combat system, and the absolutely spectacular boss fights could really lend themselves well to an MMO. I remain hopeful.

Seanspeed

Banned
720p shots, but they look supersampled.

Not gonna win any awards for the prettiest game, that's for sure. I mean, and I say this without the ridiculous exaggeration you usually hear it with - it looks totally last-gen. Art style looks quite generic still as well.

Not a hopeful start in terms of how much effort they're putting into this.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ya know, normally, I'm pretty lenient when it comes to graphics for action rpg's and the such... but I can't stop thinking about how ugly this game is. Because it is straight the fuck up ugly. Ugly with a capital god damn U.

This game is coming from Capcom, a studio that has made plenty of beautiful games on consoles... it shouldn't look this ass. Especially since it's on PS4 too. The budget on this thing must be abysmal.

The gameplay tho. I can't resist it. And the idea of playing this with friends sounds like too much fun to pass up.

benzy

I doubt it, considering the first is a single player RPG and this is an MMO-esque multiplayer game.

I'd wager they'd be easily re-creatable though. Looking like there's a lot of asset reuse so I'm guessing the character creator will remain mostly the same with more stuff.

Guess I'll re-use my character creation settings from DD and see what happens. The original had a really decent creator for us to make nice looking characters that aren't abominations like in Elder Scrolls. Wish DD2 was on Panta Rhei just to see how much more realistic we can get the customized characters to look.

dd4tku1.jpg

Mastperf

Its cool, you can be the surperior mystick knight
I did enjoy the Mystic Knight too, but the movement speed and double-jump of the Magic Archer made it a fast moving and highly versatile class. Dark Arisen gave the bows a nice boost that made the Magic Archer a beast.

TokiDoki

Looks much better than PS3 DD Arisen , so I'm assuming its PS4 screens ?

Anyway , I know one is medieval and one is space sci-fi , but Dragon Dogma has way better character design that it's not funny .

Epcott

So I guess this pretty much confirms Deep Down was not rebranded after all. I got a "meh" impression from the photos. Are these PS3 screens?

Loved dragon's dogma, my favorite console game of the last decade.

I don't want to expect or hope anything for this though... free2play can't mean much good especially in the hands of capcom

Lain

I like the character art and the armor design, but as far as graphic quality goes it feels like an old gen game in higher resolution, with flat details and questionable texture quality.

Dr Dogg

That sure looks like Dragon's Dogma alright. Though I really don't think I'm going to like Capcom's take on microtransactions and what that might do for game balance but hey I guess we'll see.

Seanspeed

Banned
I like the character art and the armor design, but as far as graphic quality goes it feels like an old gen game in higher resolution, with flat details and questionable texture quality.
These are 720p shots, so they're the exact same resolution as last gen.

Top Bottom