• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Dogma Online new screens

Akiller

1423736147-6.jpg

RE's Dogma.

I wantto believe, but those screen look very "clean" ( for a lack of better word )

As for the graphics , not seeing that much effects ( i hope the quick ass effects are still in ) but i do think that as long as it's not ugly i'll be fine ..

Looks like the PS3 game, only with slight chromatic aberration.
As long as they make the PS4 version with clean IQ, I'm pretty much in. Love the gameplay so much.

Xater

Looks like the exact same engine as the original game. Well at least it should run decently on PS4. performance on last gen wasn't that great.

Alo0oy

Banned
I doubt it, considering the first is a single player RPG and this is an MMO-esque multiplayer game.

I'd wager they'd be easily re-creatable though. Looking like there's a lot of asset reuse so I'm guessing the character creator will remain mostly the same with more stuff.

That's because the game is also on PS3.

IvorB

Really liking the character designs. But not so much the environments. They look more colourful than the first game, but just as artistically bankrupt. Yikes.

I think the environments were pretty great in the first game. They had a sense of place and felt like realistic environments. I'm really glad they didn't go for the temple-or-ruin-every-five-yards schtick like Skyrim or other games.

Ramenman

I want this so bad !

Looks like they kept the incredibly bland and boring environments from the first game, at least.

Yeah I don't mind that, expected from a cross gen F2P title, I just hope there are mounts in this one. Having to walk everywhere killed any motivation to explore for me in Dark Arisen, just too tedious.

Yeah I don't mind that, expected from a cross gen F2P title, I just hope there are mounts in this one. Having to walk everywhere killed any motivation to explore for me in Dark Arisen, just too tedious.

Should have nabbed a vanilla DD save from the net somewhere and got an infinite stone of laziness.

inki

Looks like I'll need to create a Japanese account to play this, my patience can hold out only so long.

Elman

They look more colourful than the first game, but just as artistically bankrupt. Yikes.

As long as the game runs at a stable 60 FPS on PS4 and PC, who cares? I can't think of any other game from last gen that truly deserves an "enhanced edition", and that's what Dragon's Dogma Online looks like.

Dragon Age: Inquisition looks a million times better than this and has artistically bankrupt gameplay. You can't even get the Tactical Camera to work in environments as simple as Dragon's Dogma's.

Naked Lunch

Yikes. Looks like itll have the same problem as the first game - the world isnt compelling enough to want to explore it. Ultra generic.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think the environments were pretty great in the first game. They had a sense of place and felt like realistic environments. I'm really glad they didn't go for the temple-or-ruin-every-five-yards schtick like Skyrim or other games.

I absolutely agree. Dragon's Dogma had a lot of naturalistic environments you don't see done very well in most other RPGs, and the blend from one area to another was done excellently.

I really hope that the dark dark night is still in. I don't want Hollywood darkness.

ppor

Ughh, bucket looking helmets again. What's the point of character customization when all your mages look like nuns?

Graphics aside, really looking forward to this, Dragon's Dogma was meant for online multiplayer.

lazygecko

Looks like they kept the incredibly bland and boring environments from the first game, at least.

This has always seemed like a Japanese thing to me. Put way more emphasis and resources into detailed characters at the expense of interesting level geometry.

BadWolf

Need to know their F2P model before commencing hype (and well there's also the matter of it making it to NA or not).

Looks solid so far from screens.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The character models seem so average. Still hyped though.

Goli

Need to know their F2P model before commencing hype (and well there's also the matter of it making it to NA or not).

Looks solid so far from screens.

The business model will be them selling item micro transactions. So, just like PSO2.

Also, the PR where the screens come from has the names of the areas shown and stuff like that, but what I think is interesting is that the jobs/vocations aren't the same as the basic ones from DD, they're Fighter, Hunter, Priest, and Shield Sage.

They could have added multiplayer without making it F2P.

That would imply Capcom wants to make a PC game that has single player now a days that isn't Street Fighter or RE.

Which Capcom hates for some reason.

Looks pretty bad.

Still at maximum hype though.

Looks bad? We haven't seen enough of it yet I think.

Unless you are talking graphics wise. It looks fine to me. Then again I am not a big graphics guy.

Top Bottom