• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is Forza 2?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Theres a trailer on marketplace

but its going SO SLOWLY.

Theres trailers for everything there, i just got in, booted up xbox live, nearly wet my pants scrolling down the list, Fable 2, Shadowrun, Forza 2, Halo 3, loads more i cant remember.

I've been downloading the Forza trailer for a good 45 minutes now, it's at 50%. I shit when I saw all the trailers up on marketplace, MS is ruling this E3.

Gek54

Lap the competition with truly next-generation features. Made possible by the power of Xbox 360, “Forza Motorsport 2” burns rubber at 60 fps with 4x full-screen anti-aliasing, motion blur, and high-dynamic-range lighting in crisp 720p high-definition glory. And you can feel every nuance of your car and the road thanks to support for the official Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.

:D

Hopefully that blur can be switched off. Whats the point if its 60fps?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gek54 said:
:D

Hopefully that blur can be switched off. Whats the point if its 60fps?

i hope it can be switched off so i dont hear bitching... but i cant imagine why you wouldnt want it there.

Gek54 said:
No, far from unless its simulating getting hit hard like GT4.

No it should still be blurred. 60fps is smooth but the eye CAN discern higher. 60fps+motion blur (as long as it is subtle) will look better than 60fps by itself.

mrmyth

Gek54 said:
No, far from unless its simulating getting hit hard like GT4.

Not being snarky, but what's your racing background? The outside world didn't blur for you when you drove over 150 or so?

Edit- just saw your reply down below. I'm not so sure we can count on Forza's sense of speed to give us real blur.

Gek54

op_ivy said:
i hope it can be switched off so i dont hear bitching... but i cant imagine why you wouldnt want it there.

Becuase the eye naturally blurs fast moving images. Adding blur would only be used to unrealisticly increase the sense of speed, why add anything that makes a sim unrealsitic?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Aw, I forgot we got free image hosting for GAF :)

1~0.jpg

2~0.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Doom_Bringer said:
hmm the real time bit didn't look like that. or maybe that was forza one?
No idea, I have yet to see the video. It is hard to tell these days with racing games. Maybe they are renders.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Agreed as well. Not that it looks too good to be done on the 360, but it's definitely not even replay footage. They do too much prerendered-like shit in the video.

Yeah this is definitely CG. It's not the style of trailer that would be realtime, after watching it. Looks more like a GT intro movie the way it shows gears and stuff working.

Definitely CG.

Wireless FF Wheel from IGN said:
The Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel (release date: fall, price TBD) is in development internally at Microsoft by several members from the Microsoft Sidewinder team. The first-party design has a thick, contoured rubber pad for lap usage, and a sturdy clamp for table usage. The wireless steering wheel comes with F1-style shift paddles and pedals equipped with a medal rim to anchor your heels while playing.

The existing battery life is the same as the wireless controller and, by using the AC adaptor, you'll get force feedback. There are two levels of feedback, the basic rumble motors that pick up wheels on gravel and low-level rumbles, and force feedback, from the actual car performance -- slides, crashes, etc. The same rechargeable unit that works for the controllers works with the Xbox 360 wireless steering wheel. The wheel comes with full Dpad usage, ABXY buttons, and a guide button. It comes in one color, "chill white."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/706/706021p1.html

thought i should post it since its a bit hard to find on the page. :D
where are all the FF wheel fan comments??

BCD2 said:
Thank you. Comment? The first thing that comes to mind is thank God it's not green!

Looks like a nice wheel with non-obtrusive paddles, comfy grip wheel and good radius. Only big question i have is the weight. I tend to buy very low tables and doubt i will be playing with it on one. (pedals sound good too)

eso76

So, i was wondering...what's with the gaffer involved in the project who said something like "technically speaking, there's no Forza 2" ?

The IGN article mentions you can plug in the wheel to get FF. BUT can someone find out if it is TRUE FORCE FEEDBACK like the driving force pro? I don't want a shitty rumble only wheel MS!! This could be awesome!

And CHE! You got some 'splainin to do for letting them feed us CG for Forza 2 dammit!!

eso76 said:
So, i was wondering...what's with the gaffer involved in the project who said something like "technically speaking, there's no Forza 2" ?

Che? It wasnt officially announced at the time.

Gek54

PanopticBlue said:
The IGN article mentions you can plug in the wheel to get FF. BUT can someone find out if it is TRUE FORCE FEEDBACK like the driving force pro? I don't want a shitty rumble only wheel MS!! This could be awesome!

And CHE! You got some 'splainin to do for letting them feed us CG for Forza 2 dammit!!

Sounds like the real deal if you plug it in. Hopefully its quality. Any price mentioned?

Last Hope

I am hyped for this game but if it.

1. Isn't 60fps (and since it is a first part game, it won't be)
2. Uses excessive blur like PGR3

I probably won't even both with the game.

I expect the game to be ruined both of these ways.

golem

pr.
Title: "Forza Motorsport 2"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Turn 10
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Holiday 2006

Product Overview: "Forza Motorsport 2," the sequel to Microsoft Game Studios' award-winning, fully customizable driving simulator "Forza Motorsport," speeds its way onto Xbox 360 this holiday. With authentic simulation physics, bone-jarring damage, photo-realistic graphics, and licensed tuning and customization options, the franchise improves on the unprecedented features gamers enjoyed in its debut installment. Loaded with more than 300 of the world's hottest cars for you to collect, personalize and tune, "Forza Motorsport 2" gives you a complete racing experience.

Features:

* Lap the competition with truly next-generation features. Made possible by the power of Xbox 360, "Forza Motorsport 2" burns rubber at 60 fps with 4x full-screen anti-aliasing, motion blur, and high-dynamic-range lighting in crisp 720p high-definition glory. And you can feel every nuance of your car and the road thanks to support for the official Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.

* Experience uncompromising physics simulation. Top automotive engineers, professional race car drivers and programmers teamed up to create the most complete racing experience available. Cars incur dramatic damage and wear, which affects car performance. Advanced tire and suspension models respond to heat and pressure changes as well as weight transfer and aerodynamic load.

* Master real-world tracks from around the globe. From the famously challenging Nürburgring Nordschleife track to the spectator-lined streets of Rio de Janeiro, race on meticulously designed tracks with an incredible sense of speed and realism. "Forza Motorsport 2" features more than 60 tracks carved out of 18 environments, including 13 real-world licensed circuits such as the Road America race track, Silverstone Circuit, Tsukuba Circuit and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Sebring International Raceway is among four new real-world licensed circuits added to the repertoire of "Forza Motorsport 2."

* Collect, upgrade and tune hundreds of cars. From sport compacts to purpose-built race cars, collect more than 300 cars from over 50 of the world's leading manufacturers such as Ferrari, Porsche, General Motors, Lamborghini, Nissan and Volkswagen. Take your car to the garage and install alternative engines, suspension kits, bolt-on superchargers, brakes, rims, racing slicks and more. Dial in advanced suspension settings, tire pressure and gear ratios. "Forza Motorsport 2" allows you to own the cars that will own the competition.

* Create and share your masterpiece with the world. Express your inner artist in the paint and upgrade shops with near-endless visual personalization. Customize the shape of your car by combining licensed rims, performance parts and aftermarket body kits. Create your own unique paint scheme using millions of paint and decal options. Take in-game pictures of your creation in "Forza Motorsport 2" Photo Mode.

* Compete in a vibrant online community. Take your personalized car onto Xbox Live for some intense online wheel-to-wheel racing. Earn in-game credits and complete single-player career objectives while racing over Xbox Live. Watch the best racers as well as your friends from around the world compete on Forza Motorsport TV.

During the confrence video when gates spoke they demoed Forza2. They showed how you could paint your car and what not on the pc. They then said the press could play the game across the street.

Gek54

generalpatton71 said:
During the confrence video when gates spoke they demoed Forza2. They showed how you could paint your car and what not on the pc. They then said the press could play the game across the street.

Awesome, hopefuly its not a vista only feature.

Top Bottom