• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is Forza 2?

Gek54 said:
Was it not running on a web browser? You are probably right.

Kinda sucks but I was gonna get Vista anyway for DX10. That windows mobile phone thing looks bad ass man. You can tweak your ride's settings from your cell phone???!!! Thats dope as hell.

Gek54

SNUG REVOL said:
Kinda sucks but I was gonna get Vista anyway for DX10. That windows mobile phone thing looks bad ass man. You can tweak your ride's settings from your cell phone???!!! Thats dope as hell.

Yeah but why would you want to?...unless you can dyno it and save several settings. That would hold my interest more than any other mobile game.

mug

demon said:
Agreed as well. Not that it looks too good to be done on the 360, but it's definitely not even replay footage. They do too much prerendered-like shit in the video.
I'd have to agree, the whole fast n furious shit they try to pull off in a "racing sim".

Gek54

GashPrex said:
not really worth arguing, from what I hear its going to be playable on the show floor

I think they were saying they the paint editor was the only thing that would be playable.

Gek54 said:
...unless you can dyno it and save several settings. That would hold my interest more than any other mobile game.

Shit yes! That would be a sweet idea man. Forward that to the Forza team. MAKE THIS HAPPEN Forza 2. Ill drop $300 for that phone if thats the case.:D

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
golem said:
the release date really took me by surprise... lots of great 360 games coming this winter

I was even more shocked that GT5 or GTHD isn't a launch title on PS3. I was dead certain that they were going to rush a GT to market to launch with the system.

chespace said:
I was even more shocked that GT5 or GTHD isn't a launch title on PS3. I was dead certain that they were going to rush a GT to market to launch with the system.

I wouldnt be suprised if, at this point, they push ahead a GTHD schedule and basically be upscaled GT4 with online for the "launch window".

golem

chespace said:
yeah it looked like that was the way they were going to go with last years' vision gt and this year's gthd (which i think looked worse than vision gt, and wasn't even a demo of ps3 backwards compat... what was the point of that?)

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
chespace said:

since your here was the ps3 pricepoint a suprise as well?

chespace

GashPrex said:
since your here was the ps3 pricepoint a suprise as well?

PS3 sticker price announcement floored me.... I sat there in my seat and nearly dropped my camera... gah.

As a gamer, GT HD does disappoint. I was hoping PD would evolve what they've started and really push the envelope. What we get is better graphics, but same everything else. Same bumper car physics and AI. No customization, etc. They probably will come out strong with GT5, but that's probably going to be late 2007 at the earliest -- I predict spring/summer 2008.

By that point, WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE WILL BRING.

sangreal

GhaleonEB said:
So Che - was the trailer realtime?

I asked him that on the forza forum and his response was:

And the trailer is a CG movie using in-game assets. Obviously, you can't dissect an engine in real-time and you aren't going to zoom into the wheel well to see the tires grind against the rail, but the cars and tracks were taken from Forza Motorsport 2.

VictimOfGrief said:
Sorry Gek but your comments on racing games no longer hold any merrit. :lol
Yeah I agree. He's nitpicking every racer on Xbox to death and then jerking-off to games like Fafracer only because they are on Sony console. Gek knows his racing games but he's far too biased. :p

Russ

Banned
Project Midway said:
Yeah I agree. He's nitpicking every racer on Xbox to death and then jerking-off to games like Fafracer only because they are on Sony console. Gek knows his racing games but he's far too biased. :p

I think he jumped ship for Forza based on his recent comments on the other forum. :lol

I do have to agree about not using blur though. You dont see the top simulation racing games, GTR, rFactor, RBR.GPL, using blur anywhere except for maybe replays. Only silly arcade games use blur. Bad move if its forced in gameplay and wants to be considered a serious sim.

chespace

Russ said:
I think he jumped ship for Forza based on his recent comments on the other forum. :lol

I do have to agree about not using blur though. You dont see the top simulation racing games, GTR, rFactor, RBR.GPL, using blur anywhere except for maybe replays. Only silly arcade games use blur. Bad move if its forced in gameplay and wants to be considered a serious sim.

The motion blur isn't going to be like what we've seen in PGR3 (i.e., not heavy-handed). Don't worry, it'll be a lot more subtle.

Russ said:

If it's extremely subtle it won't detract from sim-quality. Very subtle blur is all that would really be benefitial at 60fps.

I don't think you need to worry about it being burnout level blurring at high speeds. Something subtle, probably even less than PGR3, I would hope.

EDIT - Che beat me to it, good to hear.

Russ

Banned
chespace said:
The motion blur isn't going to be like what we've seen in PGR3 (i.e., not heavy-handed). Don't worry, it'll be a lot more subtle.

Good to hear. PGR3's blur was atrocious. Im just stoked about the 60fps.

Gek54

Project Midway said:

Ha, even Fafracer needs love. In all honeslty was cool for a $9 budget title but its true I went all isamu and overhyped a bit much.

With Sony showing off that GT HD BS and then Forza 2 commiting to 60fps with TFF support I have officially traded in my jacket. After PGR3, talk of blur in a racing sim is scary but I'll trust Che when he says its very subtle. Cant wait to see the hands on stuff.

Gek54 said:
Ha, even Fafracer needs love. In all honeslty was cool for a $9 budget title but its true I went all isamu and overhyped a bit much.

With Sony showing off that GT HD BS and then Forza 2 commiting to 60fps with TFF support I have officially traded in my jacket. After PGR3, talk of blur in a racing sim is scary but I'll trust Che when he says its very subtle. Cant wait to see the hands on stuff.

O.O

rod

Banned
i loved the presentation and overall feel of forza and thought it done everything better than gt4 EXCEPT i couldnt play it as much as i liked...i cant play 30fps racers anymore they feel so slow, pgr3 being the exception, but forza felt like it was running in slo mo....but if this is 60fps then its all over, gt killer fo real

Last Hope said:
Ok golem, I have to ask where you found this announcement of 60fps comes from. I got really excited to see that but today I actually went to go confirm this for myself. I found the official Forza 2 page and there is no mention of 60fps, anti aliasing or rendering at 1280x720.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/f/forzamotorsport2/default.htm

Where is it that you found the pr info you posted?
I don't know where golem got it, but you can get here.

“Forza Motorsport 2” (Turn 10). “Forza Motorsport 2” roars into the next generation with more than 300 customizable cars and 60 frames per second of head-turning, high-definition gameplay that creates the most stunningly realistic racing simulation ever experienced. Timing is holiday 2006. (my emp.)

Gek54

Kabuki Waq said:
I hope the graphics hold up compared to the CG.

I dont know I keep replaying the trailer over and over and I am still real put off about this blur if the trailer is any way indacative of how it will be used during play or even in replay. I cannot see it having a place in a sim unless they are just trying to make it feel like you are watching dramatic tv footage and if thats the case they might as well go back to 30fps and add light trails. I guarantee Simbin will not crap GTR2 out with blur.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The thing I don't get is, if the Official MS racing wheel is TRUE Force Feedback, why isn't Logitech's? Why is Logi's wheel just another rumble gimmick in the vein of the Fanatec wheel?

hadareud

The Translator
isamu said:
The thing I don't get is, if the Official MS racing wheel is TRUE Force Feedback, why isn't Logitech's? Why is Logi's wheel just another rumble gimmick in the vein of the Fanatec wheel?

well, they hadn't announced true FF support before. And it is entirely plausible that they would want the first true FF wheel out there to be their own one.

Top Bottom