• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

They've done such a good job at casting villains in this show. David Morrissey was one of the best actors they've ever had, JDM is on the same level.

Negan showed he's a much bigger danger than the Governor was already it feels like no comparison. That's impressive.....the Governor at the time was the biggest threat they ever had.

Been watching some reaction vids since earlier for shit and giggles, some are over the top, some are genuine and some are funny. BUT I think I found the best one because you kinda get all the reactions in one person going through the whole range of emotion.

Also she's a young British teen so she has that accent and calls Negan a nob at times.

You can see that here.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

The Well

Following a number of familiar faces, the group's introduced to a new well-established community that seems too good to be true.

Tonight's episode was written by ? and was directed by Greg Nicotero, who last directed 7.01 "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be" (the one where Negan kills Abraham and Glenn).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Khary Payton (Ezekiel)
Chloe Bennet (actress, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD)
Dana Gould (Gex)

Cracklox

Show can't win if it goes too far, or doesn't go far enough. Some of the reactions vids are great though. Some folk get really invested it seems. Although if there had of been a camera on me for s0304 or for GoT S0408, I might've been pretty similar.

Also people seem to forget that despite how brutal the two deaths were, Rick and co started it are still up like 40-50 to 2. I thought if anything Negan was pretty reasonable about the whole thing. Plus he was only planning on caving in one skull to make a point until (fucking) Daryl forced his hand. Does being something of a sociopath make him evil necassarily...

Does anybody actually enjoy TWD anymore? Or do most people simply endure it.

I get the feeling that's why they killed off Abraham. Can't have someone making the show slightly fun...

A little from column A, a little from column B. There's still plenty to enjoy with the show, even if it is inconsistent as fuck. If I ever get to the point where I'm just trying to endure, then I'll stop watching. Easy. I would hope most sane humans would do the same too

New episode tonight!

Stupid timezones. I still have a night of sleep and a day of work till I get there

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That was brutal, and I'm old enough to have seen it all, but the cast were becoming too OPed. Time they got nerfed. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is great.

And they are still OP.

I thought for sure someone with a specific skillset like Michonne or Daryl was gonna get the bat, I guess Abe had a skillset.

I actually saw Jesus replacing Michonne.

xrnzaaas

New episode tonight!

Tonight's episode was written by ? and was directed by Greg Nicotero, who last directed 7.01 "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be" (the one where Negan kills Abraham and Glenn).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Khary Payton (Ezekiel)
Chloe Bennet (actress, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD)
Dana Gould (Gex)

That means Chloe is in the new episode?? Sorry but I've never seen any episode of Talking Dead.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
A little from column A, a little from column B. There's still plenty to enjoy with the show, even if it is inconsistent as fuck. If I ever get to the point where I'm just trying to endure, then I'll stop watching. Easy. I would hope most sane humans would do the same too

I'm getting close to that point, I must say. In the last part of 7x01 where Rick was faced with the threat of Negan killing everybody, I kept thinking "would that actually be that bad? Is surviving even worth the effort for you guys any more?".

Considering I feel like death would be a relief for any of them, I'm not entirely sure the threat of death has much weight anymore.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That means Chloe is in the new episode?? Sorry but I've never seen any episode of Talking Dead.

Nah, they just get figures from "geek culture" and celeb fans to talk about the show.

ogbg

Wow, what a way to go! A trooper to the end.
I can't really think of a more disturbing act of TV violence that I've seen.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Wow, what a way to go! A trooper to the end.
I can't really think of a more disturbing act of TV violence that I've seen.
This reminds me...

Heroes. What made me start watching it was seeing the cheer leader getting her head cut open.

I thought omg this is on regular TV???? So much blood. In don't think they actually showed her head getting opened up but still...so much blood.

Really hope Jesus starts getting involved more.
Rick's going to need a new right hand man now that Abe/Glenn are out and his other boy is imprisoned.

This sounds like it's going to be the first episode that really expands the world building of this show that makes this season come together. Pretty excited for (comic spoils ish)
KING EZEKIEL.

sinkfla87

Somebody on Reddit decided to combine the end of last season with the rest of the Negan scene from the premiere. I wasn't sure if it had been shared on here or not but was wondering what everybodys take on it was? Would this have been a better season 6 ender?

https://vid.me/miNL

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hope these hadn't been posted before, but I can't stop cracking up at the dad jokes, especially how he repeats the joke at the end!

The season 4 one with Carl's look sells it.

Bandit1

Never got around to commenting on the premiere, what an intense and emotional episode. Sad to see Glenn and Abraham go, but it was time the show shook things up a bit. Negan freakin broke Rick and turned him into a slobbering mess in front of the group. Amazing acting by Andrew Lincoln. My only disappointment was that after the whole ordeal Carl put the hat back on. Last shot should have been the RV driving away and then pan down to Rick's hat on the ground.

Anyway, tonight I hope we get a bit of a breather so we can relax.

jwk94

Never got around to commenting on the premiere, what an intense and emotional episode. Sad to see Glenn and Abraham go, but it was time the show shook things up a bit. Negan freakin broke Rick and turned him into a slobbering mess in front of the group. Amazing acting by Andrew Lincoln. My only disappointment was that after the whole ordeal Carl put the hat back on. Last shot should have been the RV driving away and then pan down to Rick's hat on the ground.

Anyway, tonight I hope we get a bit of a breather so we can relax.
I think the only thing that bothers me about the premiere is that Rick's character arc is mostly obvious. He'll be subdued for a while then back to killing Rick. Not like last season, but maybe season 3 Rick after he was over his wife dying. Point being, I think he needs to go soon. Rick's presence makes the show too cyclical.

Tonky

They should stop doing single-group episodes and have scenes from each group to break up the tension and keep things fresh. Sort of like how GOT switches between the North and South relatively frequently, but occasionally focuses on one more than the other.

Speculation on Negan (comic spoilers)
I really hope the arc isn't a sham and Negan really does redeem himself and become Rick's right hand man. I love JDM so much I want him to stick around. Plus seeing that giant arc/character growth to go from the last episode we just saw to that would be something else.

hype+1

But that's down the line. 15 more mins for tonight.

Watching the rerun of last week's episode and I don't understand why Maggie suddenly has a really bad speech impediment at the end. It sounds like she's been partially deaf her whole life.

Specifically, she can't make her r's and it sounds like she's opening her throat too much to make her vowel sounds.

Watching the rerun of last week's episode and I don't understand why Maggie suddenly has a really bad speech impediment at the end. It sounds like she's been partially deaf her whole life.
Really? Have you never heard someone try to speak while crying at the same time and in a very emotional mindset?

Almost time!
Vz7mZ9z.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom