• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(@ ´ `)b Dragon Poker thread of ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH (iOS/Android, JP) d( ´ `@)

Yaari

Most off the SSes from the Dragon Ace rerolling are mediocre by the time you hit midgame, so don't sweat if you fail to get one. Same with the extra prizes from the other gachas.

I see.. oh well.. I guess it can't hurt, it hardly took me any time at all.

Is it a very difficult game? I don't really know Poker, so..

Firehead

A little bump for this thread. Found out about this game because of Azusa. Today is the last day you can register for the pre-opening. That includes an opportunity to roll a free SS character. I've got no idea how relevant those are in this game, but if you plan on playing, I suggest grabbing the free extra stuff.

The game apparently launches in a few days.

http://dragonace.magicboxasia.com/

As for rolling a SS tier character;

You can roll several times on the Gacha, but once you accept a character, you are stuck with it.
I have a fake facebook for all these mobile games, and you can do more rolls if you share some add for the game on there. So that worked out well.
If you run out of rolls you can make a new account within a minute, and the same facebook page will still work.

I don't know how relevant the card is but it did not take me much time so whatever.

Cheers. Been following this thread for a bit. Tried installing it a while ago and didn't have much luck with figuring things out... Know nothing about poker.

I got an 'S' Kraken, 'S' skill princess things and 3x gems from the gacha.

Yaari

Site is down, cant register :/

They took it down earlier than anticipated unfortunately. Hopefully people will still play though. Been reading so much positive things about the game, I'm pretty excited.

You don't need to actually know stuff about poker, although knowledge of relative hand probabilities helps. Here are some tips about good play practices that will give you lots of success
http://dragonpoker.padherder.com/Hand_Tier_List
http://dragonpoker.padherder.com/About_Enhance_Skills

That's still very difficult to me haha. I guess it might work better with the game in hand. That said I was wondering if it will be available on iOS worldwide, because I'm not entirely sure about that yet.

Musan

APK link here for the SEA version. I'm gonna poke around, but I'll stick to the Japanese version. Nice to have the shouts translated at least.

Magicalhatz

Neo Member
Is anyone else playing this? I just downloaded it and am new since I wanted something to go along with Puzzles and Dragons. My Invite ID is f12b410 if any of you guys want to add me, we both get gems this way ^_^.

Azusa

@dragonacesea 2 hours ago
DRAGON ACE SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE DUE TO HIGH TRAFFIC!! Please wait patiently while we work hard to fix it, it may take approx. 3 hrs!!

Maintenance.

chrono01

And it won't be for anytime soon. Apparently only available on Singapore and Thailand Appstore. Pretty shitty but whatever. Made an account.
Wait, what? I thought this was being localized [Dragon Ace]? So it won't be available at all in North America.

Ugh.

Ultratech

Wait, what? I thought this was being localized [Dragon Ace]? So it won't be available at all in North America.

Ugh.

Played through a little bit last night.

Surprisingly, it's in pretty much (good) English so far.

But yeah, if you wanna play it for now, you'll have to use the APK above.

Azusa

It seems servers are stable enough to play. If anyone playing SEA version, invite me and write down your friend ID too.

My friend ID is "r88930a"

Edit: My name in game: AzusaGAF

Yaari

It seems servers are stable enough to play. If anyone playing SEA version, invite me and write down your friend ID too.

My friend ID is "r88930a"

I'll add you! My ID is h98209a
Will be a while before I'll play with you though because I have no clue how the game works, I want to do some solo stuff first.

Also, seems I did not receive my pre-registration stuff at all. Bleh.

Edit: Also added you for invitation ID. If anyone wants to add me; h98209a - Perhaps we can get a chain going.

Yaari

I have only got my cards from pre-registration and zero gems.

Bleh.. I'm guessing they were in your Gift section then? I did get 12 gems for starting today, but nothing regarding that registration.

Edit: Can't find it anywhere. Kinda pissed because I did spend some effort to get a SS card and now I got nothing.

Yui

Edit: Also added you for invitation ID. If anyone wants to add me; h98209a - Perhaps we can get a chain going.

Used yours, here's mine j9c82b4, if anybody wants to use it.

Bleh.. I'm guessing they were in your Gift section then? I did get 12 gems for starting today, but nothing regarding that registration.

Edit: Can't find it anywhere. Kinda pissed because I did spend some effort to get a SS card and now I got nothing.
Didn't get mine either. Let's just hope we get them once everything has calmed down a bit.

Salex_

Is anyone else constantly seeing "Connection failure" pop up during battles? Want to know if this is just server issues and nothing on my end.

KimChi

Used yours, here's mine j9c82b4, if anybody wants to use it.

Didn't get mine either. Let's just hope we get them once everything has calmed down a bit.

Used your invite ID, mine is ID:e0711db if anyone wants to use it ^^
Didn't know the game was already up woo.

Yui

So I did my first "11-chain-gacha" with all the free gems and got these 3 + a bunch of Rares of course.

fdgdfdgfdgufuhr.jpg

Is anyone else constantly seeing "Connection failure" pop up during battles? Want to know if this is just server issues and nothing on my end.

Had the same issue like 2 hours ago, runs better now though.
Used your invite ID, mine is ID:e0711db if anyone wants to use it ^^

Thank you!

So I did my first "11-chain-gacha" with all the free gems and got these 3 + a bunch of Rares of course.
Peridot is an okay multiplier and one of the best link subcards, Dryad is one of the best healers in the game. grats

btw you friend people in the game by nickname, not by ID, so if you want to grab a bunch of gaffers and form a linkshell you could get on that

Kitoro

So this game isn't getting a US/Global release, and can only be played via the SEA APK download? Is it in English? What do they use for IAP if not Google Play?

Surely they'll bring a Global version to the US in time, no? I might wait for that.

Thanks!

Yaari

So this game isn't getting a US/Global release, and can only be played via the SEA APK download? Is it in English? What do they use for IAP if not Google Play?

Surely they'll bring a Global version to the US in time, no? I might wait for that.

Thanks!

Yes, English. I do think it still ses Googe Play? Not entirely sure. I'm iOS.

Azusa

Thanks!

You can use APK. SEA publisher promised that they'll put it on their website for everyone. Also this APK is available at dragon ace facebook fan page or on facebook steparu page. And you can use your main google account for IAP.

chrono01

I'm just worried that I won't be able to transfer my account from the SEA version to the Global one [should we get it]. I'd hate to have to restart all over, so I might wait for the eventual [hopefully] Global release. I have enough IAP/gatcha-type games already. :/

Not sure why they wouldn't make it a Global release when it's already translated in English. I guess they have their reasons.

Yaari

Oh wow. So that's that. :/

How do you install the APK then? I'm on iOS and have no clue what to do.

APK is for Android devices. You need a SEA iTunes account. So Thailand or Singapore.

Edit: Didn't realize reviving costs a Gem. It doesnt say so for me. It says it's free the first time. What a waste.
Managed to get 40 and did a roll. Got a SS tier Tiger.

Yaari

Fuck this. Can't create a Singapore account because my credit card isn't international.

Apple sucks. Guess I'm out.
You don't need a CC.
You have to go to a free app in iTunes, then click "Get" or whatever, doing so makes "None" an option when creating a account. None being the payment method.

chrono01

APK is for Android devices. You need a SEA iTunes account. So Thailand or Singapore.

Edit: Didn't realize reviving costs a Gem. It doesnt say so for me. It says it's free the first time. What a waste.
Managed to get 40 and did a roll. Got a SS tier Tiger.
Thanks.

I assume you can't purchase in-game currency then? Of course, I'd probably avoid doing such a thing, but I'd still like the option if I get super-desperate.

Still a shame there's no planned NA release. Even a "soon" would be better than "no plans". :(

Yaari

Thanks.

I assume you can't purchase in-game currency then? Of course, I'd probably avoid doing such a thing, but I'd still like the option if I get super-desperate.

Still a shame there's no planned NA release. Even a "soon" would be better than "no plans". :(

You should be able to get a Gift Card from somewhere. If you really need to, anyway. I doubt it will be too difficult.

Yaari

Game is getting more fun as I get used to combinations and such. Played PVP and that was pretty awesome. I wish I had my other SS card though because those do much more damage.

Yaari

I'm sitting on 59 gems. I don't know if I it good to roll now or its better to wait for a new card pack.

Apparently there are higher tier cards planned for later on. But damn, I'm pretty happy I did my rolls. It did well for my team. Deck Power is a pretty important thing in the game.

That said I guess you can be effective if you level up cards too. I didnt look into that too much.

Top Bottom