• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Batwoman’ Casts Javicia Leslie as New Series Lead

DESTROYA

she looks hot
There is no denying she’s a beautiful woman, it’s the ridiculousness of the hair we are mainly talking about.
In real life it would just get in the way when chasing someone in tight spaces or can get snagged on things easier.
Never mind the fact that it’s easier to grab when in a fight with someone putting her at a disadvantage.
This has nothing to do with hairstyles but more a tactical vantage points.

frostyxc

This just looks like the CW is doubling down on a trash fire. The first iteration of Batwoman uber-sucked, and this version looks ridiculous. Put this crap out of its misery and let HBO take care of the DC shows from now on... And please keep the CW creators far, far away from any new DC productions.

There is no denying she’s a beautiful woman, it’s the ridiculousness of the hair we are mainly talking about.
In real life it would just get in the way when chasing someone in tight spaces or can get snagged on things easier.
Never mind the fact that it’s easier to grab when in a fight with someone putting her at a disadvantage.
This has nothing to do with hairstyles but more a tactical vantage points.
well

thats how historically it is in the comics

Batgirl also lets it hang under the back of her mask

and pretty much every superhero wears a long ass cape that can be caught on things

DESTROYA

well

thats how historically it is in the comics

Batgirl also lets it hang under the back of her mask

and pretty much every superhero wears a long ass cape that can be caught on things
Most capes serve a dual purpose like gliding/armored protection or just to look bigger and more menacing , the hair style adds nothing and does a bad job hiding here identity/
Your wrong saying pretty much ever superhero does.

oagboghi2

Batman's jawline and mouth are clearly seen in every iteration of him from the original show to Justice League. If anyone could see Batman, they could tell it's Bruce Wayne. Same with Kate Kane's Batwoman.
Bruh, seriously? Who is going to discover Batman by his jaw? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

sol_bad

People are whinging about this but OK with Clark Kent?
I don't care for this show and won't watch it but c'mon people

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I think you're having a completely different argument here. No one is saying black women can't have different styles or that couldn't be a wig she's wearing but it's obviously the costume, particularly the cowl that's the problem. She isn't making any attempt to hide her identity when she is supposed to her identity a secret. They wanted to let you know that this BLACK WOMAN in the costume and this was blatant.

And there isn't a lot of black women running around Gotham. And if she's someone of notoriety then this makes even less sense.

I didn't even see this post... There aren't a lot of black women in Gotham? Really?

Labolas

I didn't even see this post... There aren't a lot of black women in Gotham? Really?
So you're telling me black women are considering a majority in Gotham City? Have you seen how Gotham city is portrayed? It's primarily white. It's easier to spot her out than Kate. The cowl is terrible in fact the entire costume is terrible. Even though I will admit the show did a terrible job at hiding Kate's identity as well but that's more on the plot than the actual suit although that looked bad as well. Like I said they're going out of their way to show you who she is.

Last edited:

Labolas

^
giphy.gif

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Ok. I think I see what some were saying about the cowl... The lower part of the nose is exposed. I still wouldn't be able to put two and two together seeing her scowling as Batwoman and then her looking like a total beauty as Ryan Wilder.

Besides, the wig is blowing in the wind... You could tell she's black anyway with her skin. The Kate Kane wig would just look egregious (like it did in the test photos).

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Ok. I think I see what some were saying about the cowl... The lower part of the nose is exposed. I still wouldn't be able to put two and two together seeing her scowling as Batwoman and then her looking like a total beauty as Ryan Wilder.

Besides, the wig is blowing in the wind... You could tell she's black anyway with her skin. The Kate Kane wig would just look egregious (like it did in the test photos).
I think the nose should be covered more and the cowl a little more closed in the sides like Batman's. A little adjustment.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
I didnt care for the first season, i dont care for the second season but iam sure it will died out rather sooner than later.

aaand canceled after only 2 seasons with the new lead

This is the first show that The CW has canceled under 4 seasons since The Carrie Diaries (the Sex and the City prequel that no one watched).

The should’ve canceled after how fucking abysmal the first season was. It was a terrible show from the word go.
I just didn't know who this show was for. Sometimes they try to hard to appeal to some fringe audience they turn off fans who would actually dig it. Oh well it was never a good idea.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It should be noted that this has not been cancelled because it had a black lesbian as the main character.

It was cancelled because the writing and acting were fucking abysmal. See also Doctor Who.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'd rather re-read the first several runs of the Batwoman comic, with that striking art style and noir writing. This was a poor show even by CW standards. I checked out after three episodes of season one. Gave s2 a chance but that was even worse from the word go.

Top Bottom