• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

01Net's Fifth Nintendo Article: Iwata On The Ejection Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
sfried said:
Tell that to...uh...the rest of GAF. 'Cause I could see the shit storm keep on rolling after the press conference, with the silly "Stay or Fold" threads.
Well the 3ds is a bit of a hot mess right now. But I loved the wii and ds and many of the new original titles that pushed those systems.

DavidDayton said:
The only thing this the 3DS Slider thing could POSSIBLY show is that the 3DS Slider extension was revealed to third parties at some point recently, and that Ubisoft was aware of it.

Unless we're accepting that 01Net has secret NCL ninjas.

That's what seems strange to me. Ubisoft are Nintendo's biggest western partner when it comes to their handhelds, so it makes sense that they would be shown the 3DS slide pad expansion, but the other info that 01 Net released could only have come from an NCL insider...

Still, I must eat crow. I had my suspicions about Iwata being on thin ice, but I guess this slide pad expansion nonsense proves I was right about that at least.

I still don't concede about the Pikmin/Mario Galaxy prototypes yet though (at least, not in the way that 01 Net were saying - about how it was stolen, with Nintendo just plonking in their character and having a full game practically already done)

thuway said:
Are you seriously going to doubt a site with quite possibly the biggest scoop of TGS?

Well, the slide pad extension info (and the issues with the Wii U prototypes) could be coming from an Ubisoft insider (that's where 01 Net got their previous info from), but the Mario Galaxy/Pikmin revelation couldn't have come from there...

The Iwata on the Ejection Seat article, could be just speculation based on their recent actions and comments from their shareholders (which are made public). I myself have speculated about Iwata being in trouble before 01 Net even posted that article.

But that Pikmin/Mario Galaxy thing stands out as separate from the rest and doesn't really fit.

Raonak

Banned
01.net...

weeks ago, i was wondering how long it would take until they get banned from gaf, due to being unrealiable.

Boy, was I wong.

Jarmel

Banned
thuway said:
Are you seriously going to doubt a site with quite possibly the biggest scoop of TGS?

This is probably one of the biggest gaming scoops of all time. The only scoop that would have been bigger is finding out about FFXIII being released for 360 before E3.

DavidDayton said:
The only thing this the 3DS Slider thing could POSSIBLY show is that the 3DS Slider extension was revealed to third parties at some point recently, and that Ubisoft was aware of it.

Unless we're accepting that 01Net has secret NCL ninjas.

Wasn't someone suggesting all this gossip came from Nintendo of France's previous head of marketing who recently had to fall on his Xenoblade?
The attachment is obviously something they'd show to select 3rd parties though, despite some people claiming it would somehow be kept secret from potential developers.

Graphics Horse said:
Wasn't someone suggesting all this gossip came from Nintendo of France's previous head of marketing who recently had to fall on his Xenoblade?

True, that is a possibly. But he wouldn't have that kind of NCL related insider info.

Nuclear Muffin said:
True, that is a possibly. But he wouldn't have that kind of NCL related insider info.

Honestly, everything after the first day's article was too boring for me to discuss in detail, it doesn't need to have been anything more than gossip, and I'm sure he heard plenty in his position.

Jarmel

Banned
Totobeni said:
So is there any leaked photos of the ejection Seat?
DH%2B2%2B7.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Who's being groomed as the successor?

Has Yamauchi's clone reached mature age yet?

linko9

Jarmel said:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gDhEl0gBblA/TYJd6xpAB2I/AAAAAAAAEKY/49JeOV_33vM/s1600/DH%2B2%2B7.jpg

Wow, I just finished watching this movie literally 20 minutes ago.

Mafro

Suzzopher said:
Didn't they get their info from 01net?
I don't think they confirmed their sources, and I think it was Nikkei that confirmed the touch screen controller. I think 01net just came up with some tech specs that haven't been confirmed.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Not saying it's coming from there, but quite a bunch Nintendo of Europe employees know what's going on in Japan. For example, regular editors of Nintendo's official magazine regularly visited the headquarters and worked with the developers. When the editor-in-chief was asked some years ago if he had any company secrets to disclose, he said "I know a secret. But Nintendo would sue me to hell and back for that..."

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Mafro said:
I don't think they confirmed their sources, and I think it was Nikkei that confirmed the touch screen controller. I think 01net just came up with some tech specs that haven't been confirmed.
01net covered the 'stream games to controller' thing far before Nikkei confirmed it.

wrowa

At least.

You have prototype, test, line up production lines, and manufacture.

Yeah, no. This is not a new hardware generation, but a simple revision. You honestly think they worked on the second hardware revision a year before they released the first one? If so, Nintendo has to be the most inefficient company in existence. No wonder that they are missing all of the trends.

ajjow

When 3ds was revived, they must have let go this stupid idea. Now that the wii u is dead and the need money to please investors, they trying this again with 2ds. never forget that 3ds is the new virtual boy.... nintendo never let a project die for good.

McHuj

Yeah, no. This is not a new hardware generation, but a simple revision. You honestly think they worked on the second hardware revision a year before they released the first one? If so, Nintendo has to be the most inefficient company in existence. No wonder that they are missing all of the trends.

It's not like everyone works on the same thing at once in the company. You have different teams pipelined and working on new designs.

I bet both Sony and MS are working on the console revisions now as well. I think you are severely under estimating the effort that it takes to deliver a multimillion unit consumer device.

Jac_Solar

If they actually let 1 man manage Nintendo and decide singlehandedly on all the major decisions without a say or approval from the board, I doubt they can solve anything by firing him. Large companies like Nintendo are run by lots of people - Iwata may be the one who signs off on it, but I¨m pretty sure that there are lots of people behind the scenes pushing him in various directions.

Or they have, at least, tons of rules, decided by the board, that decide what they can do within the various frameworks they are working from.

When 3ds was revived, they must have let go this stupid idea. Now that the wii u is dead and the need money to please investors, they trying this again with 2ds. never forget that 3ds is the new virtual boy.... nintendo never let a project die for good.
No 3DS is the new gameboy. Nintemdo never let a project die for good.

Well reading old threads about themes that happen to be in the current news sure is interesting (imo). Is it bannable however?

I know the FAQ says specifically not to post in threads that are older than a few months.

I also know that I read the OP, then noticed the date and got upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom