• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PalWorld is being indirectly blackmailed In Japan by Nintendo

Draugoth

Gold Member
palworld-a-1440x810.jpg
Japanese entertainment professionals have been reportedly told to refrain from mentioning Palworld in public or on social media, to avoid potential backlash from The Pokémon Company.

Toyko Sports reports that, according to a talent agency source, talent have been advised not to mention the game in case there are issues.

“We have told our talent not to mention Palworld on social media or in public,” the source said. “This was done out of consideration for the Pokémon side as an agency. This decision was made in consideration of future potential collaborations.”

In short, talent agencies aren’t looking to make enemies of Pokemon and are doing what they feel needs to be done to stay on good terms with Nintendo and The Pokemon Company.

via Sankaku Complex

AzekZero

Neo Member
Sounds like it might be a good time for streamers who can speak Japanese but don't work for an agency beholden to Japanese law/interests.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
The text says something completely different to the title. Why are you like this?
Internet points, obviously.

Anyway, those celebrity agencies on Japan are cancer. They bow down to any hate mob and treat any talent like disposable trash, although that last part can be said about plenty of other japanese companies.

Mowcno

"indirectly blackmailed"? What? Lol.

Just sounds like some people are worried about mentioning palworld as they think it could negatively affect their relationship with Pokemon and/or Nintendo.

simpatico

If they play their cards right I could see Nintendo being a Top 5 paid mod seller in the PalVerse. They better not burn that bridge.

BlackTron

I read a whole post expecting someone to be indirectly blackmailed by Nintendo at some point, but I never got it?

You guys realize this is no different than a web site not wanting to leave a bad review or say negative stuff out of fear they will not work with you any more right? But this time it's fear of yakuza...okay lol

Some of these talent agencies have pretty crazy rules I think. I remember the guy that was cast on Judgement had some really bizarrely strict portraiture rights so Sega couldn't make a PC version of the game before settling it. It's just Japanese businesses being Japanese, wildly out of date in some aspects. You can still see it even with vtubers that are part of a group really have to watch their words constantly.

Last edited:

LakeOf9

Huh?

The talent agency is doing tis (and it's a simple, don't promote the competition if you want to promote this product kind of thing). Nintendo, Game Freak, Pokemon Company don't even factor in.

Media literacy is dead, and Palworld becoming so popular has shed a lot of light on the average person's reading comprehension and contextual awareness. No wonder we think ChatGPT is "intelligent" when this is the average level of human "intelligence"

Top Bottom