• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 years later - Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 are back online!

Jawmuncher

Im jealous that I have to wait a few more months before I can play with all of you.
But regardless i'm going to be there. Now as for those who have been playing any good stories to share yet?

anaron

Shit, that file 3 stuff sounds insane. I wish Capcom had re-released it on PS3 or taken it to PC or something. It just missed its chance to really take off.

RhyDin

The memory card thing isn't what you're thinking of. You probably mean the PS2 Independence Exploit, or what is now it's successor, FMCB.

This allows you to run unsigned code that would allow you to boot region free games and games installed (or FTP transferred) to the internal hard drive connected to your fat PS2 BBA.

Shit, that file 3 stuff sounds insane. I wish Capcom had re-released it on PS3 or taken it to PC or something. It just missed its chance to really take off.

It's amazing just how bad Capcom striked out last gen. So many missed opportunities.

Outbreak was perfect for an Xbox Live/PSN type thing.

Who knows, maybe they'll notice the love and bring it to XB1/PS4 arcade.

Randam

It's amazing just how bad Capcom striked out last gen. So many missed opportunities.

Outbreak was perfect for an Xbox Live/PSN type thing.

Who knows, maybe they'll notice the love and bring it to XB1/PS4 arcade.
they still think, noone likes this kind of re games anymore.

so we got The Mercenaries and operation: raccoon city.

they still think, noone likes this kind of re games anymore.

so we got The Mercenaries and operation: raccoon city.

Mercs was fun on RE4 and RE5, but nothing compared to Outbreak. Don't even get me started on RC.

Still, File 2 was released after File 1, so it had to have done alright. I'd like to say there's hope, but it's Capcom we're talking here.

News Bot

Banned
Still, File 2 was released after File 1, so it had to have done alright.

File 2 bombed hard.

"File 1" being a complete clusterfuck of missing content and not even having online in all of Europe did quite a number on it. One of the biggest disappointments in video games, for me.

TyrantII

If Anyone can type up a quick tutorial on how to get it up and running on a emulator, it be much appreciated! Got PCSX2 and everything I need, but dev9 config doesn't seem to let me update a config.

Maybe cause I'm on wireless?

anyone here playing with emulator?
how hard was the setup?
I'm still trying to set up.

The whole network set up is just confusing.

For example, the English patch isn't fully patched so under the network menu, everything is Japanese. I don't know how to set up the connection because I can't understand the options.

File 2 bombed hard.

"File 1" being a complete clusterfuck of missing content and not even having online in all of Europe did quite a number on it. One of the biggest disappointments in video games, for me.

Yeah there's no excuse for that content missing in Europe, but all I'm saying is it must have done gone enough for File 2 to even come out. Unless they just released File 2 blindly expecting it to push both better?

I'm still trying to set up.

The whole network set up is just confusing.

For example, the English patch isn't fully patched so under the network menu, everything is Japanese. I don't know how to set up the connection because I can't understand the options.

Go to the forums listed on the main post. They tell you there with photos.

Got my game and my network adapter, waiting for the swap magic discs then I am set.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I'm ready to play tomorrow night and this weekend. Either File 1 or 2, just post a time and I'll try to show up. I'm East Coast, but I'll try to show up for any time zone, within reason.

I'm having trouble setting it up. It keeps stopping at 24% and giving me a DHCP error. I have tried switch and bridge and neither connect me.

Edit: Found a weird method on the forum. I'll link it if it works.

Edit2: I had to connect my wimax modem by USB. I'm online and can play right now if anyone is on.

Kyouji

It's 11h30 Eastern right now. I'll be around for the next 2-3 hours if people want to play. Post here or at the obsrv.org forums!

Kyouji

My ID is PHOFDZ, and my handle is シェリー, lemme know if we run into each other. =)

I'm on there as well :D I'll have to look up my ID later, but my SN on there is Lee.

Hope to play with you guys later! (tons of Showdown 3!)

Kyouji

Yeah, I think we're mixing up File 1 and File 2. I have both and can play both, I think Green is in File 1. I'm going to hop onto File 1 and try to find him right now. Not as familiar with File 1 though, still learning it.

Yeah, I think we're mixing up File 1 and File 2. I have both and can play both, I think Green is in File 1. I'm going to hop onto File 1 and try to find him right now. Not as familiar with File 1 though, still learning it.

It just kicked me off but I'll be signing back on. I haven't played this in almost a decade so I'm going to suck. I'd prefer to go through each scenario in order but don't mind switching it around. Might not even be feasible because we don't have east town.

Kyouji

I think File 1 is weird about its progression? You can't unlock other scenarios unless you had it finished offline or play through a scenario online (as in, you unlock the one you just played through, not the next)? I only have Outbreak open, so we'll see! I'm in Lobby 1 waiting.

Damn by the time I realized I had to give you the ammo it was too late. And think I rushed us because I remember always being worried about the timer =p That was fun though.

Kyouji

Oh my god. This fucking game, lol. I was trying to spray you with the FAS, and it seems I missed you. Goddammit.

Kyouji

Can't believe we got screwed over by the zombies around the cop cars. Everything was going pretty well up to that point too.

EDIT: Are we trying again? If yes, I'll push the nearer car first, and you can go for the shotgun, then we push the farther car.

EDIT: On my way back. Do you have Steam or something? We could take the chat there so this thread doesn't get even more cluttered by us, haha.

Yeah I think we should ignore that shotgun and just push the car closer to us. Or push the car close to us and have someone run for it and come back.

Edit: I'm down to play until your sick of me.

Edit2: I'm sad that one didn't save. I found a special item :(

Edit3: Can't get the KB to work. I'll toy around with it later.

Kyouji

Think I'll take a break. Good games! Hopefully, we'll have unlocked more scenarios the next time we play, and with a 4-person team.

Kyouji

Yeah. Good game! Where did you go after you got the forklift key? I had no idea where you wanted to go.

Forklift Key wasn't in the Winery Room on Hard. Had to grab Liquor and bring it to the Owner's Office to use on the painting there, then you get the Forklift Key from his desk. That's why I ran back downstairs. Well, after I got a liquor later in the winery cause I used up the first to make Molotov... oops. The detour after was also to pass by where I left my lighter to finish the Molotov, heh. I like how objectives get moved around and expanded on harder difficulties, like how the Thief games did it.

Kyouji

If you mean video of the current server setup, I don't have any but you can probably find it on YT.

If you mean video of the game itself, try this guy's Superplay, but keep in mind he used the HDD install option so his loading times are the fastest possible.

Forklift Key wasn't in the Winery Room on Hard. Had to grab Liquor and bring it to the Owner's Office to use on the painting there, then you get the Forklift Key from his desk. That's why I ran back downstairs. Well, after I got a liquor later in the winery cause I used up the first to make Molotov... oops. The detour after was also to pass by where I left my lighter to finish the Molotov, heh. I like how objectives get moved around and expanded on harder difficulties, like how the Thief games did it.

I love Outbreak scenario on VH.

Cute avatar btw :D

Anyone still online that would want to play? Might sign in now. I have File 1 and 2.

Kyouji

I'm eating something, but I can get on in 10 minutes or so. We could do File 1 if Green is still around and up for more; maybe you'll have different scenarios unlocked? Otherwise, File 2 is fine; I have done all of them on Normal, though I'm not super familiar with EotR yet. Would like to learn Hard for any of them, and I know I can't handle VH... but I'm willing to try if you want to see me die.

I'm eating something, but I can get on in 10 minutes or so. We could do File 1 if Green is still around and up for more; maybe you'll have different scenarios unlocked? Otherwise, File 2 is fine; I have done all of them on Normal, though I'm not super familiar with EotR yet. Would like to learn Hard for any of them, and I know I can't handle VH... but I'm willing to try if you want to see me die.

I have Below Freezing Point and Decisions Decisions unlocked. You should know, however, that I do not remember how to complete them as it's been ages since I've played them. Cindy is my File 1 character as I'm a good aid.

As for File 2, I prefer the Showdowns, 1 or 3, primarily. I need to familiarize myself with File 2's scenarios as well. I prefer using David for File 2.

H13

If you mean video of the current server setup, I don't have any but you can probably find it on YT.

If you mean video of the game itself, try this guy's Superplay, but keep in mind he used the HDD install option so his loading times are the fastest possible.

i meant the video of current server,sorry for not being specific.
thanks btw.

Kyouji

Let's stick to File 1 then. I don't mind if we're not familiar with the scenarios, I don't know any of the File 1 scenarios myself besides Outbreak N/H. It's a learning process, and it's fun when we're not all just following the leader. I'll go idle in the File 1 lobby now and wait for you two to show up.

EDIT: ID is PHOFDZ, and my handle is シェリー

Top Bottom