• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 years later - Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 are back online!

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Hey guys, I made a Steam group for us here, left it as invite-only though. Add me at Blue Herb for an invite, and let me know your Steam names if possible.

You guys up for some games tonight/this afternoon (JST)? Post in here or message me on Steam and we'll set something up.

Finally home from work and ready to play. If anyone else cares to join, just add Kyouji or message us on here.

The more the merrier :D

Hey guys, I made a Steam group for us here, left it as invite-only though. Add me at Blue Herb for an invite, and let me know your Steam names if possible.

You guys up for some games tonight/this afternoon (JST)? Post in here or message me on Steam and we'll set something up.

I'm about to add you on steam. I have File 2 now I just need to patch it.

Kyouji

That was my most successful run in VH DT yet; been trying to learn VH DT the last two nights and every time something would go wrong. Of course, I carry my share of the screw-ups, but the game TheB and I played just before joining yours, we had an Alyssa that was doing well until she DCd, and a Luke that was doing nothing but using up our FAS and mixed herbs, then ran off somewhere to die... TheB and I put up a good fight, but we got overrun, haha.

Thanks for the good round, Absolute!

Awesome! Unfortunately our Aaron Dced.. We were all on ps2, and been gaming with him for past like 6 hours so odd that something should happen now. But it was smooth as silk even without em.

About to host knives only EOTR on VH if wanna join? My buddies are game for more.

Kyouji

I'd love to join, but I do not have the skills for that, haha. TheB might though!

Once I am suitably acquainted with all the scenarios on VH, I'll be able to play in your games more.

Was really fun working with a coherent group.

No worries :) Yeah with a good bunch of friends the games go much easier.

Yes we are going to knife all the Tyrants to death, or die trying lol

File 2 is working and I'm in the lobby! Wewt!

I'm glad you're up and running with F2 now! Just missed you earlier, will have to try for tonight.

Absolute, I just missed that smooth DT you guys had by a matters of seconds. lol oh well, it happens. We had our fun Showdown 3, I'm sure there'll be plenty more good games ahead :)

Jawmuncher

I'm so jealous that I have to wait until the summer to play with you all. If any of you are still playing that much later on i'd definitely like to play. Though I have to point out I only ever played Outbreak 1 online and never managed to get to the higher difficulty before the servers were shut down. Regardless want to play at that level anyhow. Outbreak coming back online was something I have been wanting for ages.

It'll be worth the wait :)

Last night I think I did like 12 hours of File 2 lol.

Managed to complete 2 Panic mode SD3s (FF and NM turned on!). Fuck this was awesome.

A game of VH EOTR, Knives only (3 davids), and we killed every boss. Tyrant B right after he kills carter, Tyrant B again after he falls down from roof in sewers, Tyrant-R in the streets in front of the chopper, and Nyx at the end. Quite a fucking chore but soooo good. Some very close calls.

New games have nothing in terms of this level of challenge offered in OB.

We ate that DT for breakfast :) pretty textbook.

Hey Absolution. Was nice chatting with you a bit on the OB Lobby. Shame the server went down for the night, but these things happens.

Which were those File 3 characters you said you enjoyed the most besides Hunk? and what character type are they?

and also curious, I noticed you were using a different ID, but the same handle. I was confused by this and thought you might have been a different person, because when I checked my friend list it said you were offline. I didn't know it was you until you responded to me in the chat. Only reason this matters is I'd have to register you as a friend again to see when you're online! So is there an ID you're going to use more than the others?

I'm so jealous that I have to wait until the summer to play with you all. If any of you are still playing that much later on i'd definitely like to play. Though I have to point out I only ever played Outbreak 1 online and never managed to get to the higher difficulty before the servers were shut down. Regardless want to play at that level anyhow. Outbreak coming back online was something I have been wanting for ages.

I'll surely still be playing. Hope you can get on sooner though!

Hey Absolution. Was nice chatting with you a bit on the OB Lobby. Shame the server went down for the night, but these things happens.

Which were those File 3 characters you said you enjoyed the most besides Hunk? and what character type are they?

and also curious, I noticed you were using a different ID, but the same handle. I was confused by this and thought you might have been a different person, because when I checked my friend list it said you were offline. I didn't know it was you until you responded to me in the chat. Only reason this matters is I'd have to register you as a friend again to see when you're online! So is there an ID you're going to use more than the others?

The file 3 characters that you cannot get are these weird ones on disc that are hacked and arent really characters in sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koSuyxpcvYo

And yeah there was some odd glitch where peoples handles got deleted. Im unsure if it happened because i requested a handle change so I could fit my entire "Absolution" in, and not just "absolute"?

Hence why my handle didn't match for File 2. Sorry. unsure what it is now haha! or if handle is changed to Absolution or what. File 1 my handle name changed and handle id stayed same... ugh.

The file 3 characters that you cannot get are these weird ones on disc that are hacked and arent really characters in sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koSuyxpcvYo

And yeah there was some odd glitch where peoples handles got deleted. Im unsure if it happened because i requested a handle change so I could fit my entire "Absolution" in, and not just "absolute"?

Hence why my handle didn't match for File 2. Sorry. unsure what it is now haha! or if handle is changed to Absolution or what. File 1 my handle name changed and handle id stayed same... ugh.

I saw a Video the other day with Nikolai, the sniper from Decisions Decisions. pretty cool stuff!

Also, to anyone new that sees this thread, we would love more players, trying to rebuild the Online Outbreak community :)

http://www.obsrv.org/index.php

TheMan

always cool when something like this is resurrected. not that i ever had any interest in these games per se. to those who have gotten this to work- does it live up your memories?

pikablu

I don't know if this is the right thread for this but I finally started playing this game OFFLINE. And man the stories are a blast. First scenario was super short but really fun playing through with multiple characters.

Randam

I don't know if this is the right thread for this but I finally started playing this game OFFLINE. And man the stories are a blast. First scenario was super short but really fun playing through with multiple characters.

why dont you try to go online?

Jawmuncher

So anyone have a idea on how to get past the Login Error?
I know it's a router packet deal but how can I fix that?
Open to any ideas aside from hooking up directly to the modem since I can't at the moment.

Top Bottom