• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

100% complete unreleased games

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wasn't Kameo for Xbox finished?

xboxster

The Red Star's unreleased Xbox version seemed 100% and runs at 480p compared to the officially released PS2 480i version. I've heard there's slowdown on the PS2 version as well.

It's been said that Tabula Rasa was 100% complete before a complete rewrite happend which resulted in the game that eventually got released. Heard the theme changed drastically.

There's a game pictured on the back of the box with a dragon that never came out. I heard it wasn't far along, though

The Red Star even had a demo in Official Xbox Magazine. Was confused at the time where it went.

Wasn't Conker Twelve Tales almost done? If so, that'd be my pick for a N64 Classic Edition release (like Star Fox 2).

Sorcerer

Thrill Kill is one. The game was finished, but EA bought Virgin and decided that they didn't want to publish a game that violent because they thought it would hurt their image, so they canned it.

Did this come out as the Wu-Tang Clan fighting game?

NathanS

Now... A Link to the Past for NES is something I really want to see. It would push the hardware to beyond it's boundaries.

Zelda 3 for the NES is debunked hoax. Was never heard of till one guy claimed to have found a NES cartridge with it, note NES, not Famicom, and conveniently the NES cartridge had stopped working, but he totally played it before then, for reals.

Fiendcode

Jerry Boy 2 is one that jumps out at me. Canceled because Sony decided to drop SFC releases after Playstation launched. Game Freak should buy back the IP.

Catching the tail end of Robocop on TV reminded me there was an NES version of Robocop vs. the Terminator that was canceled because it was considered too late in the system's lifespan to make it commercially worthwhile. A virtually complete version appeared online in the late '90s, which I suspect makes it one of the first unreleased NES games to surface in this manner.

Bumpity-boo.

Super Strike Trilogy for Sega CD.

It was a compilation of EA's Strike games on Sega CD, but it obviously didn't get released. tdijital on Assembler Games forum acquired a bunch of old Sega dev tool stuff, and this game was in there. It just got compiled last week by Headcrab (producer of the Megadrive game "Tanglewood"). No Redbook audio music, but apart from a couple of bugs, you can play all three games.

SnowTeeth

Banned
Wing Commander 2 on the SNES was all but done but never released. ROM has seemingly disappeared too. Has anyone seen this game?

LyiAgYQ.jpg

Prey 2 close to completion? I thought the whole reason for the game being cancelled was that the devs couldn't realize what had been shown in the demo?

Blam

Holy crap. I had no clue it was that far along.

What I wouldn't give for a build of this game to be leaked one day...

One day just like that beautiful build of Destiny before the story change. Or what about the good old Battlefront III PC Build. What I'd give to get that game. God damn.

Hmm can't forget Dead Island 2 since I know that one isn't gonna be anything close to the build I have.

Borman

Prey 2 close to completion? I thought the whole reason for the game being cancelled was that the devs couldn't realize what had been shown in the demo?

It was fairly far along from what I know.

The only reason Ive yet to do a video is since I dont have access to the game yet. I have some unheard of stuff, but that's it. I may be running out of time to do videos like this for a short while anyway due to some interesting opportunities that wouldn't allow me to do that sort of thing, but Im hoping I can figure something out. If someone out there has access to the game, I'd still love to cover it before I possibly cant hah

Blam

It was fairly far along from what I know.

The only reason Ive yet to do a video is since I dont have access to the game yet. I have some unheard of stuff, but that's it. I may be running out of time to do videos like this for a short while anyway due to some interesting opportunities that wouldn't allow me to do that sort of thing, but Im hoping I can figure something out. If someone out there has access to the game, I'd still love to cover it before I possibly cant hah

I mean shit if you can't cover it I can take the reins lol. I've got a few things I should probably cover before a drive of mine crashes or something like that and I lose the data.

Top Bottom