• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13-year-old killed grandparents after they called his mother a 'whore'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/09/14319183-police-13-year-old-killed-grandparents-after-they-called-his-mother-a-whore?lite#__utma=238145375.900476164.1349896112.1349896112.1349896112.1&__utmb=238145375.1.10.1349896112&__utmc=238145375&__utmx=-&__utmz=238145375.1349896112.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=%28organic%29|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=%28not%20provided%29&__utmv=238145375.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc|us%20news|crime%20%26%20courts=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.msnbc.msn.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Earned%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=269061810

A 13-year-old Pennsylvania boy charged with fatally shooting his grandparents in their home was upset because they called his mother a "whore" and were "speaking poorly about her," according to state police and court documents.

Zachary James Proper, of Oil City, was arraigned Tuesday morning as an adult before District Judge Michael Snyder in Franklin, Pa., on two counts of criminal homicide. He was remanded to Venango County Jail without bond, Pennsylvania State Police said.

Troopers found the bodies of Dorothy Fross, 67, and George Fross, 69,
on Monday night in their home in Sandycreek Township in Venango County. They went there after the Frosses’ son – the boy’s father – called police to ask them to check on the couple’s welfare.

Proper's parents were concerned that their son had gotten drunk and high on Sunday night and had stolen a car belonging to his grandparents, police said in a criminal complaint, The Associated Press reported.

According to the police affidavit, the boy admitted to the killings, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The affidavit outlined this sequence of events, according to the Post-Gazette and the AP:

Proper used bolt cutters to break into a gun safe at his grandparents’ home and took a handgun. He put on headphones, sneaked up behind his grandmother and fatally shot her. He then called his grandfather and told him that he would meet him at the front door to help him carry in groceries. When the grandfather came home, Zachary took a pizza from his hands and then shot him repeatedly until the gun jammed.

Asked to explain the shootings, the boy told police “that he was mad at his grandparents because they had called his mother a whore and were speaking poorly about her.” Police did not elaborate on the remarks.

The boy told police he then drove his grandparents' car to Oil City, dumped the gun in a storm drain and spent the night partying at a cousin's house, the Gazette and the AP reported, citing the affidavit.

ronito

225px-HarryPotter5poster.jpg

slit

That's actually really close to where that boy that killed his pregnant stepmom lived. Northwest PA kids are insane.

dankir

The boy told police he then drove his grandparents' car to Oil City, dumped the gun in a storm drain and spent the night partying at a cousin's house, the Gazette and the AP reported, citing the affidavit.

Jesus, the kid didn't give a fuck eh?

Cold as ice.

Heel

It will be a real test of the new NeoGAF to see if we aren't at each other's throats and breaking down the etymology of "whore" by page 12.

waypoetic

Banned
Fuck his grandparents, seriously. It's his mom, he loves her and you say shit like that and expect the boy not to do anything? Shooting them was excessive, yes, but they had something coming nonetheless.

WinFonda

Fuck his grandparents, seriously. It's his mom, he loves her and you say shit like that and expect the boy not to do anything? Shooting them was excessive, yes, but they had something coming nonetheless.
No justification for killing. On top of that, we don't even know for sure his grandparents said those things. This kid executed them in a very cold blooded manner. I think he would have killed them (and potentially others) over just about anything.

Also, from the story, it sounds like his grandpa was bringing home a pizza for him to eat. Think about that.

Emwitus

I feel a gif coming but i'll refrain myself.

FStop7

Banned
So obviously some pretty deep problems in that family that culminated with this.

Odds on whether or not the grandparents even said anything about the mom, or if this is just the kid's idea of an excuse?

What a f'd situation.

WinFonda

Reading the story, he kills his grandparents and immediately steals their car and goes to his cousin's house for a party.

How much you want to bet he killed his grandparents because they denied him permission to go to the party, and not because they spoke ill of his mother.

I'm not even that close to my mom and I would literally kill anyone who dares to call her a "whore". It's not that I agree with what the kid did, but I understand why he did it.

jimi_dini

nevermind, i found a news-site with photos of the murderer, but it's banned on here

What do you do with this teen? Put him 20 years into prison? Try to fix him somehow? I really don't know. It's totally fucked up.

Ferrio

Banned
Reading the story, he kills his grandparents and immediately steals their car and goes to his cousin's house for a party.

How much you want to bet he killed his grandparents because they denied him permission to go to the party, and not because they spoke ill of his mother.

Or they did both and he used it as justification.

Macattk15

Wat.

Just wat.

Had something coming?

Maybe a fuck you. That is it.

It's still family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom