• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13-year-old killed grandparents after they called his mother a 'whore'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even that close to my mom and I would literally kill anyone who dares to call her a "whore". It's not that I agree with what the kid did, but I understand why he did it.

No you wouldn't

If so then you are a sociopath

Also people saying they 'had something coming' yes it was out of line what they said but come on now

I am so tempted to toxx clause you on this, but I would be banned. :(

Should I have add "on real life"?
Playing CS1.6 and Dota, I have listened to every single insult ever. Probably.

No you wouldn't

If so then you are a sociopath

Also people saying they 'had something coming' yes it was out of line what they said but come on now

no you wouldn't.

Well, apparently, you two know me better than I do.

Danny 117

Fuck his grandparents, seriously. It's his mom, he loves her and you say shit like that and expect the boy not to do anything? Shooting them was excessive, yes, but they had something coming nonetheless.

ibgldiO38zZ4TG.gif

Forever

Banned
Damn he planned that shit out in detail. The headphones, dumping the gun, partying right after. Ice cold, and not consistent with a crime of passion.

My first instinct was to be sympathetic but the rest of the details just make him sound like a sociopath.

Fuck his grandparents, seriously. It's his mom, he loves her and you say shit like that and expect the boy not to do anything? Shooting them was excessive, yes, but they had something coming nonetheless.

Uh talking shit about their daughter in law constitutes them deserving to get shot to death? Anyways, I was going to say maybe this kid is just super naive until I read about him getting rid of evidence and then going to a party. He has some real psychological issues.

beast786

I'm not even that close to my mom and I would literally kill anyone who dares to call her a "whore". It's not that I agree with what the kid did, but I understand why he did it.

Hey what if someone on the internet calls your mom a "whore". What then? Will you just get irritated and hit your head on the wall. Or you gonna find that person and "Literally Kill" him?

What amounts to a "your mom" insult? Yeah, that's pretty fucking small. People can say whatever they want to say about anyone; it doesn't make them right, and it certainly shouldn't make them dead.

Ok, sorry if we don't agree on this. But I wouldn't allow it. Period. It's not even debatable.

You might think that it is a small thing that someone calls your mother a whore (again, in RL and in a certain context), I don't.

Hey what if someone on the internet calls your mom a "whore". What then? Will you just get irritated and hit your head on the wall. Or you gonna find that person and "Literally Kill" him?

^

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wow, I live in the region. I've been to Oil City a number of times - or more accurately, through it, since nobody would want to stop in Oil City.

Info: Oil City and the surrounding area is extremely economically, and socially, depressed. They drove out the energy business a decade ago by trying to drive hard terms and got told to fuck off. They tanked and the whole area is destitute.

Can't say I'm surprised at this. I know someone who works in the public school system for the region; they say that people who live in Oil City and surrounding area try to sneak their kids into nearby school systems, and it results in a steady stream of mentally disturbed children who have signs of fetal alcohol syndrome roaming the halls and freaking out.

Fusebox

Banned
"Hey grandad I'll meet you at the front door so I can help you carry the groceries..."

Jesus how calculating and depressing.

The Lamp

I hope you've never called anyone a whore because that person you're talking about is someone's daughter/mother/sister/wife/girlfriend/cousin and then you, by your logic, would have something similar "coming" to you as well, right?

Seriously, waypoetic, what a terrible thing to say. They deserve a level-headed rebuke, not an ending of their life.

Zzoram

If his grandparents called his mother a whore, there is a good chance they were at least emotional abusive and the kid eventually cracked under the abuse.

antonz

Kid is a monster. There is no crime of passion with the degree of premeditation behind it all.

Since he confessed and is such a monster take him out back China style and be done with it.

UrbanRats

Ok, sorry if we don't agree on this. But I wouldn't allow it. Period. It's not even debatable.

You might think that it is a small thing that someone calls your mother a whore (again, in RL and in a certain context), I don't.

You should probably talk to a therapist then.
Killing someone because of something they said it's fucked up.

Kid is a monster. There is no crime of passion with the degree of premeditation behind it all.
Since he confessed and is such a monster take him out back China style and be done with it.
Or treat him like any other (minor, in terms of age) murderer? What does it mean that he is a "monster"? Like from another dimension?

You should probably talk to a therapist then.
Killing someone because of something they said it's fucked up.

Well I did (It's actually a psychologist), but just because it's my job's policy to do so. And, of course, they haven't detected any issue in... years.

UrbanRats

Well I did (It's actually a psychologist), but just because it's my job's policy to do so. And, of course, they haven't detected any issue in... years.

In this case i hope you're just talking hypotheticals here, because again, having so little control that you'd kill someone for talking shit about your mother (or talking about anything, really) is not good.
Not saying you're a bad person or anything, we can't control our feelings after all, but if you can't control your actions, then there's a problem.
So again, i hope you just think you'd do it.

Crayons

Banned
I wouldn't give a single fuck if someone called my mom a whore, unless it was my mom's parents. Being insulted by parents like that is just plain wrong, I would definitely punch my grandparents in the face if they said something like that to my mother.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I wouldn't give a single fuck if someone called my mom a whore, unless it was my mom's parents. Being insulted by parents like that is just plain wrong, I would definitely punch my grandparents in the face if they said something like that to my mother.

His father's parents were the ones calling his mom a whore.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Hey, I'm not saying you have to be happy about it, but to actually think life threatening force is warranted as a result is frankly psychotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom