• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13-year-old killed grandparents after they called his mother a 'whore'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

I'm not even that close to my mom and I would literally kill anyone who dares to call her a "whore". It's not that I agree with what the kid did, but I understand why he did it.

What the fucking fuck????

Also, what's 'criminal' homicide? Is there a non-criminal homicide?

Tess3ract

Banned
Well I did (It's actually a psychologist), but just because it's my job's policy to do so. And, of course, they haven't detected any issue in... years.

See the thing about sociopaths such as yourself, they're very good at convincing people nothing is wrong with themselves.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'd let a pimp slap slide in that situation.
But this... yikes.

Wow, I live in the region. I've been to Oil City a number of times - or more accurately, through it, since nobody would want to stop in Oil City.

Info: Oil City and the surrounding area is extremely economically, and socially, depressed

This is very true. It always depresses me to drive through it. The town just looks like hell.

Can you imagine living in a place called Oil City? Sounds like a Sonic level.

I have always thought this, lol. Glad to see it isn't just me.

The grandparents absolutely deserved a stern talking to, but murder is clearly not justifiable.

Milchjon

GUNS ARE AT FAULT

except that this guy clearly was mad, if guns didn't exist, he'd just use something else to kill them with.

Except that it's probably still not too easy for a 13 year old to kill a man in his sixties without a gun. Sure, he could do it in their sleep or something, but face to face with a knife or his bare hands, it sure isn't as easy. And it would be way harder to get rid of bloodied clothes when he'd have to get that close.

People seem to forget just how efficient and cowardly guns are as a killing tool.

UrbanRats

Except that it's probably still not too easy for a 13 year old to kill a man in his sixties without a gun. Sure, he could do it in their sleep or something, but face to face with a knife or his bare hands, it sure isn't as easy. And it would be way harder to get rid of bloodied clothes when he'd have to get that close.

People seem to forget just how efficient and cowardly guns are as a killing tool.

The gun was locked away though, in any* country of the world, you can have (if safely locked away etc etc) a hunting rifle or similar, i think in this case the argument is really beyond the point.

*basically.

antonz

Its very easy to kill someone when you and them are very close and there is no reason to expect an attack. Could have just as easily attacked him from behind while he was carrying the groceries in.

The real question is where the hell were the neighbors? You have 1 gunshot to the grandmother then some time later the Kid unloads a clip into his grandfather. At somepoint someone had to say shit there's a shooting across the street

ShinNL

I'm not even that close to my mom and I would literally kill anyone who dares to call her a "whore". It's not that I agree with what the kid did, but I understand why he did it.
Yeah sure, momma's boy.

I have parents who say extremely awful stuff about other people I know and care about and spread that information around. These people won't stop unless:

1. You can win verbally (mess with them emotionally with words) and defame them of their precious friends and make them lose their minds before you do.
2. You switch from verbal to something more.

You can't expect such a young kid to win in a verbal fight where the grandparents have an authority advantage (controlling his environment, including survival essentials). I really doubt this kid acted on a single comment, like some bad-ass wannabes think he is ("OMG, if someone calls my mother a whore ONCE I will LITERALLY kill them"), but rather a continuous unwanted dose of hate spreading.

The kid didn't act normal, but normal grandparents don't call the mother of their grandchild a whore either. That's no different than being called a bastard directly. While I don't think they deserve death, I have no sympathy for those dead folks.

Are you calling Clint Eastwood a coward in all those westerns? You're back on my shitlist buddy. :mad: No one bashes Clint Eastwood.

blackwatchplad

Neo Member
A bit excessive and messed up, but I think I'd have to see more before I could ever make a judgement. There has to be more to it than just that.

Tess3ract

Banned

Are you kidding me?

My grandfather is 78 and my grandmother is younger. I'm 23 and I'd have no issue overpowering them.

13 year olds are not weak, and I am not a body builder. You need to take into account the fact that a person they love is now trying to murder them

Milchjon

Its very easy to kill someone when you and them are very close and there is no reason to expect an attack. Could have just as easily attacked him from behind while he was carrying the groceries in.

It's still a 13 year old boy, who probably doesn't have too much experience in using deadly force. And using a knife requires more skill, power and dedication, not to speak of the blood involved. With bare hands, even more so. Pulling the trigger, just far away enough to not make a huge mess, is barely comparable.

I mean, look at 13 year old boys. They're kids.

Are you calling Clint Eastwood a coward in all those westerns? You're back on my shitlist buddy. :mad: No one bashes Clint Eastwood.

Those guys had guns too! Clint only saved himself!

Are you kidding me?

My grandfather is 78 and my grandmother is younger. I'm 23 and I'd have no issue overpowering them.

13 year olds are not weak, and I am not a body builder. You need to take into account the fact that a person they love is now trying to murder them

23 =/= 13
78 =/= 69

Random pic of 7th graders off Google:

7Basketball.jpg

You're not really telling me this is what your body looks like at 23?

ShinNL

Are you kidding me?

Don't assume things.

geebee

Banned
Fuck his grandparents, seriously. It's his mom, he loves her and you say shit like that and expect the boy not to do anything? Shooting them was excessive, yes, but they had something coming nonetheless.
Well given how the brat reacted, the dumb grandparents were probably right.

ShinNL

Same to you.
I don't pretend to state facts, like you did.

"You need to take into account the fact that a person they love is now trying to murder them"

I always use my words properly and also add words like 'uncommon' or 'likely' or 'probably' or any sort of assumption-like opening when I'm guessing things. So don't reply with a witty 'you too' comment.

Milchjon

Right, he knew exactly what to do. He was cold and calculating in what he wanted to accomplish.

Same to you.

I don't wanna draw this argument out excessively, I've made my point. But wanting to do things isn't the same as being able to without the right tools/skills/knowledge.

Not saying it would've been impossible for him. But arguing a gun doesn't make the whole thing a lot easier is just dishonest.

Edit: Sorry for being partly responsible for turning this into a gun thread. I won't be taking it any further.

I'm interested mr chocolate, do you have a list of other things that would make you 'literally' kill someone, just to be safe.

On topic, this kid is clearly just fucked up there seems no way that he's killed them like that over one insult

Tess3ract

Banned
The kid was likely hanging around with the grandparents because of reason xyz. (typically being babysat while the parents are away). The grandparents get pissy about their daughters life choices, the kid flips the fuck out and tries to defend mommy's honor by killing the people who slighted her.

Where is this rational?

Do you really think that the parents don't love their child? Do you think they immediately don't love their grandchild?

People say a lot of stupid stuff, don't assume that just because they made a comment like that, that they don't love that person.

ShinNL

The kid was likely hanging around with the grandparents because of reason xyz. (typically being babysat while the parents are away). The grandparents get pissy about their daughters life choices, the kid flips the fuck out and tries to defend mommy's honor by killing the people who slighted her.

Where is this rational?

Do you really think that the parents don't love their child? Do you think they immediately don't love their grandchild?

People say a lot of stupid stuff, don't assume that just because they made a comment like that, that they don't love that person.
Who said anything about assuming they don't love whoever as a fact? I'm saying you shouldn't automatically state the grandparents automatically to be loving people as a fact. Don't broaden your initial faulty statement into a whole bullshit story.

3rdman

Whether or not his mother was a whore, the grand parents sure had a reason to doubt her ability to raise a child. At the first sign of adversity, he answers by killing his own family.

Now, of course, your mom didn't raise you like that, right? She did a better job than this one did...of course she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom