• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1st day sales from Japan (Silent Hill 4 and Sonic Advance 3 (lol))

u_neek

1. Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2, Konami): 18.967 St. [33,2 %]

2. Gunslinger Girl Vol. 2 PS2 (PS2, Bandai): 9.999 St. [41,3 %]

3. Espgaluda (PS2, Arika): 7.204 St. [51,2 %]

4. Slotter Up Core 3 PS2 (PS2, Dorart): 5.591 St. [???]

5. Juuni Kuniki: Kakkakutaru Oudou, Kouroku no Uka (PS2, Konami): 5.376 St. [???]

6. Sonic Advance 3 (GBA, Sega): 2.727 St. [5,3 %] LOL

7. Legend of Golfer (GC, Nintendo): 878 St. [???] LOL

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
u_neek said:
3. Espgaluda (PS2, Arika): 7.204 St. [51,2 %]
51% sell through? Pretty impressive.

They were pimping this out at a few stores in Shinjuku when I was there on Friday night.

belgurdo

Banned
SAd 3 is probably bombing thanks to the fact that the rom was out like three days after it was announced...shame though

pilonv1

7. Legend of Golfer (GC, Nintendo): 878 St. [???]

SELL YOUR TIGER WOODS ITS ALL OVER

The cynic in me wants to think the poor quality of Sonic Heroes had an effect on Sonic Advance.

Tenguman

kitchenmotors said:
Everything is doing poorly
Kiriku said:
Not even Japanese software is popular in Japan anymore!?

nintendo.jpg

WTF DID I TELL YOU BITCHES!?

Bebpo

Banned
CrimsonSkies said:
So what are Japanese spending their money on now? It's not games.

Maybe they just aren't freely spending money on non-essential things like games because they're still in a really bad recession?

CrimsonSkies said:
So what are Japanese spending their money on now? It's not games.
Cell phones, the Internet, etc.

It's not so much 'where's the money going?' as 'where are they getting their entertainment from?'

the videogame market in japan is rapidly decreasing, while the videogame market in the US is like 35-45% of the vidoegame market now...

u_neek

Oops, according to GameFront this is the actual first day sales for the previous two SH games... which means.... SH4 is teh bomb!!!

Silent Hill 2 (PS2, 27.09.01 Japan): 69.285 St. [50,13 %]
Silent Hill 3 (PS2, 03.07.03 Japan): 46.715 St. [57,6%]

cvxfreak

u_neek said:
Oops, according to GameFront this is the actual first day sales for the previous two SH games... which means.... SH4 is teh bomb!!!

Silent Hill 2 (PS2, 27.09.01 Japan): 69.285 St. [50,13 %]
Silent Hill 3 (PS2, 03.07.03 Japan): 46.715 St. [57,6%]

Those are first week sales.

u_neek

Good... my german isn't at it's best ;) got the numbers from the same site so i figured something was wrong..

cvxfreak

TheGreenGiant said:
I've been saying forever on the board that SEGA should let the SONIC franchise die already. Please SAMMY, make it so.

I hope they don't. Sonic games are great!

2. Gunslinger Girl Vol. 2 PS2 (PS2, Bandai): 9.999 St. [41,3 %]

JUST ONE MORE!!!

belgurdo

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
I've been saying forever on the board that SEGA should let the SONIC franchise die already. Please SAMMY, make it so.

Why? Sonic games still sell decently, and they have a hell of a fanbase here and in Europe. Just because YOU don't the games doesn't mean they shouldn't exist.

cvxfreak

belgurdo said:
Why? Sonic games still sell decently, and they have a hell of a fanbase here and in Europe. Just because YOU don't the games doesn't mean they shouldn't exist.

My words exactly.

belgurdo

Banned
Firest0rm said:
I think Sammy should just let Sega die instead. They seriously suck nowadays (I M O).

Yeah, letting the one-hit-wonder company kill pretty much their only chance at getting a lock on the non-redemption arcade (since their own hardware isn't doing so hot there) and console markets...a very intelligent business decision.
rolleyes.gif

Firest0rm

belgurdo said:
Yeah, letting the one-hit-wonder company kill pretty much their only chance at getting a lock on the non-redemption arcade (since their own hardware isn't doing so hot there) and console markets...a very intelligent business decision.
rolleyes.gif

Investing in Sega in the first place was an even worse decision.

edit: but I'm not really concerned about business things. I just think that Sega should die instead of continuing to make a joke of their past masterpieces. They can't do anything worthwhile nowadays. I'd like to remember Sega as the company they were back in the Genesis days. Not the joke they are now.

Firest0rm said:
Investing in Sega in the first place was an even worse decision.

edit: but I'm not really concerned about business things. I just think that Sega should die instead of continuing to make a joke of their past masterpieces. They can't do anything worthwhile nowadays. I'd like to remember Sega as the company they were back in the Genesis days. Not the joke they are now.

IAWTP... not neccessarily from the Genesis days but the DC days are good too. They're just so lacklustre.

Alcibiades

that sucks for Sonic 3 maybe people have had enough Sonic...

was Sonic Battle released in Japan, cause it seemed that was just released recently here in US (JAN), maybe they didn't let enough time pass...

cvxfreak

efralope said:
that sucks for Sonic 3 maybe people have had enough Sonic...

was Sonic Battle released in Japan, cause it seemed that was just released recently here in US (JAN), maybe they didn't let enough time pass...

Sonic Battle was released in Japan in December. It and Sonic Pinball Party sold poorly. Sonic Advance games have traditionally sold well every week. It might be the case again, although its definitely off to a slow start.

Alcibiades

maybe people are just a little tired of Sonic, there's been like at least 7-8 Sonic releases in recent memory (since GCN/GBA launch)...

cvxfreak

Yeah, that's possible. Although Sonic Advance 2 didn't exactly decrease from the first either and that game was enjoyable. =/

Top Bottom