• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Show 7.13 (Wii Fit, Olympus, Paradise)

Woo-Fu said:
What, no women allowed in the he-man hardcore videogame clubhouse?

no, the opposite.

It is like complimenting someone for doing someone if only because they are female. This is taken advantage of with stupid crap like that group of women that play PC game.

Gattsu25

Banned
alu said:
Wow, what's up with the hate on GAF?

:lol
Hey, you caught me before my ninja edit
LukeSmith said:
Yesterday put some folks in a foul mood. :/
What happened yesterday?

edit: Following the flow of the quotes, I feel like this is directly related to my post...so please...what happened yesterday that would put me in such a mood? enlighten me.

Amir0x

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
What happened yesterday?

Luke is trying to imply that yesterday's NPD and bad news for Sony (via the NPD) would be putting people in a bad mood. Of course, he's trying to incite riots for his new Microsoft overlords ;P

Voltron64

As much as I love the 1up show. I have to admit sometimes the skits are kind of embarrassing to watch when people walk into the room. I hit the fast forward button.

Amir0x said:
Luke is trying to imply that yesterday's NPD and bad news for Sony (via the NPD) would be putting people in a bad mood. Of course, he's trying to incite riots for his new Microsoft overlords ;P

wow, I just checked the npd thread...wow

Mash

Yo haters, give them a break, with the lack of current (revealable) gaming news, without the skits the show would have been about 10 minutes long, it's not like they've took our tax money or anything.

Saying that, don't do skits you mothers.

DangerStepp

Voltron64 said:
As much as I love the 1up show. I have to admit sometimes the skits are kind of embarrassing to watch when people walk into the room. I hit the fast forward button.
My sentiments exactly. I like the show; I even try turning my friends on to it. I usually end up saying: "It's usually not like this. They just do silly skits now and then. It's good. Seriously."

LukeSmith

Dante said:
Aww come on now, how were you to know the Wii wasn't a fad?

;)

Wii is an unstoppable monster crushing trainwreck of amazing Wii Sports and Nintendo first party playing glory.

PlayStation 3 rules at playing Blu-Rays

Ryu

I was joking earlier when I made my comments about a season ending and another 1up staffer quitting... Then one looks to be quitting. I'm putting away my crystal ball. Predicting the future, even jokingly, may just end up causing everyone problems.

Owzers

I AM JOHN! said:
Am I the only one who wants that robot dino? <3

Not the only one, if it were cheaper i would sooooooooooooooooooo buy it.

Still not sold on Wii fit and i fall into the " i'd rather this be a console game" for most psp games so i'm hoping God of War Olympus gets ported with better controls. More irrational kathleen hate, must be friday! I can't stand her voice...it's so...female!

KTallguy

Banned
Just don't give that Dino to kids, they probably wouldn't be able to tell the differences between that and an immobile one, and they'll drool all over it and throw it at the wall :lol

Nice to see Zack and Wiki, how far are you Skip?

Is it me or is the camera in the retail version of Paradise pulled back further and is higher up. The field of view looks much better than the demo.

skip

KTallguy said:
Just don't give that Dino to kids, they probably wouldn't be able to tell the differences between that and an immobile one, and they'll drool all over it and throw it at the wall :lol

Nice to see Zack and Wiki, how far are you Skip?

Level 1 :) I talk about it on 1up yours today, not-so-in-depth.

KTallguy

Banned
skip said:
that's exactly what I said on the show!

:lol The worst part of the game, really!

But it's a deceiving game. You're only at the very beginning, so stuff seems simple, but as you continue it gets devilishly hard. The hint system is excellent though, and nudges you in the right direction if you're not sure.

The artstyle fits the platform, I suppose (although it's a little too cute), but the gameplay is too difficult when compared to Carnival Games. It's a shame that it's selling so poorly.

Rowsdower

KTallguy said:
Burnout is MINE.

What happened with the online? Is it seamless for both the 360 and the PS3? Or is it only the PS3?

It's exactly the same on all platforms.

Paradise looks absolutely awesome, as expected. Only thing i'm not sold on is the showtime mode, but eh. We'll see.

Top Bottom