• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Show 7.14 (Aquaria, GT5:P, No More Heroes)

KTallguy

Banned
Oooh... harsh on GT5.

Honestly though, if you're not a total gear head, I don't know if GT5 is supposed to be that compelling. I bought GT3 and enjoyed it, and I enjoy the GT demos, but I've never had the urge to buy the real games, because I'm not a gear head.

Top Gear is fricking awesome though.

As long as GT5 can build a nice online community, it will be fresh enough that fans of the series won't complain. GT5 having the same structure as Burnout would be counterproductive, I think. I'd rather have some damage modeling (if possible) and awesome online racing.

Oh and BTW, I thought that there was some deal that made your car transparent when you nudged another racer so you couldn't use him to get around corners. I saw it in a video.

Oh and good luck todayzee! :)

kassatsu

Banned
dankir said:
You're wasting your time. You try for the star in a reasonably priced car list. Gordon Ramsey is going down!
Only if the car is in the game ;p. And isn't Simon Cowell on top now?

avaya

KTallguy said:
Oh and BTW, I thought that there was some deal that made your car transparent when you nudged another racer so you couldn't use him to get around corners. I saw it in a video.

Yeah that's what happens.

tanod

when is my burrito
They should have had Garnett talking about Gran Turismo. He knows more about that series than everybody else at 1UP combined.

immy

Banned
leehom said:
Ryan is the fat guy right? I wouldn't be surprised if he's on MS's payroll. He tries so hard to hype any 360 game and bashes ps3 games.

leave it out dude ryan is a legend.

so's all of the 1up crew btw :D

todayzee

LJ11 said:
It's time to clean the forum up, this and the DMC thread proves it.

QFT.

Thank you to all the well-wishers that have posted! You guys are the best. I did all I could to try to sneak you cats some SF4 footage, but you're just going to have to wait for Dec 28 for the real deal. It is pretty awesome...

krypt0nian said:
Where's Kath going in Seattle?
It is called www.fyreball.com. We're taking sign ups for the beta now. I would explain more what we 're going to do with it, but that feels like really shameless pimping. :)

xxoo

dankir said:
Nobody can beat the Stigs power laps.
God himself opened the skies and cried tears on the track to make it wet enough to prevent Lewis Hamilton from beating The Stigs time in the Suzuki Liana.

Phoenix 2.0 said:
God himself opened the skies and cried tears on the track to make it wet enough to prevent Lewis Hamilton from beating The Stigs time in the Suzuki Liana.

Hamilton cheated! he forgot to make that one turn and drove through it!

NO ONE CAN BEAT THE STIG.

and Kathleen is wearing an xkcd shirt, cool.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Street Fighter 4 vid this december?

Hoora!!!
chunny-happy-cvs2.gif

Tieno

The Aquaria segment was really lovely. Nice breakup from the usual big games and you had one of the developers talking about his experiences too.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
moobs.jpg

Does Kathleen feel inadequate around him?
just kidding mang

Kathleen: you may as well tell us what this Fyreball stuff is about, so we don't assume it's some sort of unconventional spam utility. Shameless pimping is approved.

Drewsy

Banned
todayzee said:
It is called www.fyreball.com. We're taking sign ups for the beta now. I would explain more what we 're going to do with it, but that feels like really shameless pimping. :)

xxoo

That site is pretty vague, with the description it could be about anything.

4 times I've tried to d/l the wmv now, corrupted every time. Wonder if it's something to do with the new firefox beta, ugh, takes me 30mins to download too, 2hrs d/l so far fun fun fun.

leehom said:
I'm probably the only one who's glad Kathleen is gone. SHe always looks uncomfortable in front of the camera. Always speaks with a cracked voice like she's not sure of what she should say. She lacks confidence or is uncomfortable.

That is a hell of a stupid thing to say.

mckmas8808 said:
How can Ryan NOT know that GTP is work that's going toward GT5?

Of course I know that... but if you've ever heard developers talk about what a bitch it is to polish their e3 demos, you know that when you decide to release a slice of a game to the public, you've got to polish it all up... and that's contrary to the way the development process works... the polishing comes at the end.

...so for the team to polish this product, one must assume that resources have been shuffled to make it a reality. i'd personally rather if prologue didn't exist, that they were solely working on gt5 proper, and that the next real showing would be a demo made for a game convention (or preferably on psn) or something much closer to the time of release. and this demo should be free.

and if they needed a beta to test online functionality, release a free beta. that's how it's supposed to work.

MrPing1000 said:
4 times I've tried to d/l the wmv now, corrupted every time. Wonder if it's something to do with the new firefox beta, ugh, takes me 30mins to download too, 2hrs d/l so far fun fun fun.
Embrace Quicktime. You know you want to.

MrPing1000 said:

i reuploaded the file... and i can get it to unzip fine from here. everyone who wants the WMV start downloading again now and raise your hand if it's corrupt for you.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Naeblish said:
Yup, the music and art is freaking beautifull. I would buy it for 1200 points on xbla, but not for $30 on the pc.

The game has around 15 hours of content in it, not to mention the kind of Super Metroid-level depth that makes it highly replayable. Is $30 really so much to ask?

ZealousD said:
The game has around 15 hours of content in it, not to mention the kind of Super Metroid-level depth that makes it highly replayable. Is $30 really so much to ask?

Sh. Your logic is not appreciated here. GT5 is the best $40 you can spend on anything and Aquarius should be $0.99 because it wasn't developed by Capcom.

ZealousD

Livin_Lovin said:
Sh. Your logic is not appreciated here. GT5 is the best $40 you can spend on anything and Aquarius should be $0.99 because it wasn't developed by Capcom.

This feels like Geometry Wars: Galaxies, all over again.

Why do people base value on developer budget on not on the important things like content, lasting appeal, and quality?

Xater

ZealousD said:

I know I will give it a try as soon as it will run on my Mac.

binaryburrito said:
i reuploaded the file... and i can get it to unzip fine from here. everyone who wants the WMV start downloading again now and raise your hand if it's corrupt for you.
Worked fine for me.

ZealousD

InterMoniker said:
I can't believe Aquaria is $30. Funny how they go on and on about GT5:p's price yet I don't think they spoke a word about Aquaria price.

Yeah, too bad they used logic. Full, high quality game with lots of content? $30 is too much! A half-game cash in that's interfering with the release of the full game, at a price point that could be given for a full game? Obviously the $40 price is just right!

ZealousD said:
This feels like Geometry Wars: Galaxies, all over again.

Why do people base value on developer budget on not on the important things like content, lasting appeal, and quality?

InterMoniker said:
I can't believe Aquaria is $30. Funny how they go on and on about GT5:p's price yet I don't think they spoke a word about Aquaria price.

Trust me, it will continue.

tak

Great show, one of the better ones. Sucks to see Kathleen leave, she always added something different to the show.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
ZealousD said:

Super Metroid is $8, so it's really hard to justify $30.

KTallguy

Banned
ZealousD said:
Yeah, too bad they used logic. Full, high quality game with lots of content? $30 is too much! A half-game cash in that's interfering with the release of the full game, at a price point that could be given for a full game? Obviously the $40 price is just right!

Wow... ok... you're comparing the value you get with Aquaria, and the value you get with GT, an online racer with cars that can take 6 months to model in excruciating detail, online racing, etc.

Top Bottom