• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Show 7.14 (Aquaria, GT5:P, No More Heroes)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
KTallguy said:
Wow... ok... you're comparing the value you get with Aquaria, and the value you get with GT, an online racer with cars that can take 6 months to model in excruciating detail, online racing, etc.

Yes. I am. Encountering a pistol shrimp that probably took 15-30 minutes to draw and program gets a better reaction out of me than the individual details of a car that took months to create.

And you seem to be basing the value that you get out of a game based on how much a developer spends. Why is that?

binaryburrito said:
i reuploaded the file... and i can get it to unzip fine from here. everyone who wants the WMV start downloading again now and raise your hand if it's corrupt for you.

5times still not working. I'm using the link in the original post on this thread, the link on 1ups site is too slow 80kb max (I can do 340kb)

Downloads 514mb but winrar say it is corrupt, have tried firefox and getright, no difference.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
angelfly said:
So your comparing a 10 year old game that has been released more than once to a brand new game?

I think it's fair when the new game has 10 year old graphics.

GAF: Supporting independent developers in theory.

$30 is pretty reasonable for a game with voice acting. All you clowns paid $30~ for Phoenix Wright 4 times. Those games are shorter, have no voice acting and pretty poor art.

Just buy it.

Ignoring the obvious quality of GT5:p, I think the comments Ryan made were justified.

Why are people negative towards his comments and then turn around and say it's a demo, that is exactly his point.

I get the feeling if this had been any other franchise everyone would be lambasting the thought of paying so much for a demo.

* And I love the GT franchise, before you make the obvious retort

Good to see those making fun of the crew getting banned, no place.

todayzee

EviLore said:
moobs.jpg

Does Kathleen feel inadequate around him?
just kidding mang

Kathleen: you may as well tell us what this Fyreball stuff is about, so we don't assume it's some sort of unconventional spam utility. Shameless pimping is approved.

s503579794_24831.jpg

DUMBO.jpg

Does EviLore feel inadequate around him?
just kidding mang

Fyreball is a web 2.0 link/content sharing app. We're working on many of the features, but basically we're trying to create a richer, cooler, more playful way of sharing and filtering stuff on the internet with your friends.

xxoo

todayzee said:
Fyreball is a web 2.0 link/content sharing app. We're working on many of the features, but basically we're trying to create a richer, cooler, more playful way of sharing and filtering stuff on the internet with your friends.

xxoo

Sounds very vague.. "Web 2.0", "link/content sharing", "sharing and filtering stuff"..

FaceTube, amirite?

No matter, I have signed up for the beta and will sample the wares within.

todayzee said:
We're working on many of the features, but basically we're trying to create a richer, cooler, more playful way of sharing and filtering stuff on the internet with your friends.

Cool, good luck with your future endeavours.

mm04

todayzee said:

xxoo

Seattle huh? I sense a reunion with Mr. Luke Smith in your future. Hook it up!

Will miss you on the show, btw. Good luck!

avcables

Banned
todayzee said:
s503579794_24831.jpg

DUMBO.jpg

just kidding mang

xxoo

Well, comparing the size ratio of EviLore and Dumbo's ears to Kathleen's boobs vs. Bitchtits, I'd say the ratio looks about the same.

Oh and Bitchtits looks like a dyke. I think that's why Kathleen was so adamant to jump to his/her/its defense.

kassatsu

Banned
todayzee said:

xxoo
Sounds like pownce to me.

Luckyman

Banned
binaryburrito said:
i reuploaded the file... and i can get it to unzip fine from here. everyone who wants the WMV start downloading again now and raise your hand if it's corrupt for you.

Corrupt. Maybe llnwd mirrors have not updated.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
todayzee said:
s503579794_24831.jpg

DUMBO.jpg

just kidding mang

xxoo

:lol :lol :lol --- hell hath no fury

avcables

Banned
avcables said:
Well, comparing the size ratio of EviLore and Dumbo's ears to Kathleen's boobs vs. Bitchtits, I'd say the ratio looks about the same.

Oh and Bitchtits looks like a dyke. I think that's why Kathleen was so adamant to jump to his/her/its defense.

fightclub3.jpg

moobs.jpg

I see it, don't you?

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Father_Brain said:
:lol "10 year old graphics?" It's probably the best-looking 2D game I've seen not developed by Vanillaware.

Exactly.

ecco1.png

Besides the lower resolution/color depth, there isn't much of a difference.

mm04

avcables said:

Been nice knowing ya.

Not really

ThePeter said:
That's just how Ryan is :-/

When he was raving about VF5's online component he said stupid shit like "FIRST EVER 3D FIGHTER ONLINE!!1 AMAZING!" while completely ignoring FX Fighter Turbo
Fixed for historical accuracy!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/fx-fighter-turbo
Fight a series of adversaries in one-on-one combat to save the universe from Rigel, again. This sequel to 1995's FX Fighter adds 2 new characters, new moves, environments, costumes, special effects, windows support, and network play, to the one-on-one 3d fighting game.

This PC original title supports 1 player vs AI, 2 players on the same machine, 2 players on an IPX LAN, and 2 players connected via modem.
:D

It's a terrible game.

Opus Angelorum said:
Ignoring the obvious quality of GT5:p, I think the comments Ryan made were justified.

Why are people negative towards his comments and then turn around and say it's a demo, that is exactly his point.

I get the feeling if this had been any other franchise everyone would be lambasting the thought of paying so much for a demo.

* And I love the GT franchise, before you make the obvious retort

Good to see those making fun of the crew getting banned, no place.

i agree. i made the same points in the GT5P thread and caught some flak for it. but i agree with what he said. that's exactly how i feel. it's not a demo. no one would pay for a demo. it's not even a beta.

it's a finished "game" that's a stopgap solution to appease the hardcore fans and give everyone hope that GT5 is on the horizon.

but besides the obvious graphical upgrades, what does GT5P offer that other racers haven't already done? not much. what does it *not* offer? plenty. all the stuff he mentioned, in fact. like him, i want GT5, not this version.

SolidSnakex said:
What racing game demos offer as much as GT5P does?

I understand that it offers more than a standard demo.

My real concern is not related specifically to GT5:p, with the current state of DLC I'm just worried that the idea of paying for a 'demo' of a game might set a precedent.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Father_Brain said:
...maybe if you're legally blind.

I already talked about the resolution and colors available. Yeah, the graphics are better, but it's not a huge improvement over Ecco a game that came out 15 years ago.

EDIT: Oh and before I leave this thread, it is kind of funny how GT5P offers almost as much content as Motorstorm.

BigBoss

Opus Angelorum said:
I understand that it offers more than a standard demo.

My real concern is not related specifically to GT5:p, with the current state of DLC I'm just worried that the idea of paying for a 'demo' of a game might set a precedent.

Did it set a precedent when Polyphony did the same thing last gen? Whats funny about this whole Prologue situation is that nobody cared last gen when Polyphony did the same thing but when they do it on the PS3 its suddenly become such a huge issue.

Top Bottom