• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - 18/04/08 - Jeff Green guest stars

FartOfWar

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
I just hope that Shawn plays through MGS4 so he can comment on Shane saying that the explanation of the whole arm possessions thing will satisfy Shawn (I'm guessing him inheriting his dads powers won't cut it) and how it depicts the inhumanity and grief of the decisions made in war better than any game out there.

Of course I will. I'd like to review the game too.

Judas Priest never wore 'ass-less chaps.' They never even touched a makeup case, like so many other 80's bands. Their lead singer was gay and had a few songs with double entendres in them. That was the extent of their 'butt rockness.' Plus a couple cheesy 80's videos. Judas Priest was more about the things they were doing with two lead guitar players to push the envelope and forge a new type of guitar sound and tone. It was never really about the lyrics or the image. Those were always Spinal-Tapish. That wasn't the point. But I can see how someone would be less than thrilled that the first album on Rock Band isn't something they particularly dig. I'm just excited they're giving some props to Priest, and maybe a little overly-defensive when people don't seem to get why. As can happen when people talk about varying tastes in music. No big deal.

And I'm down for Shawn reviewing MGS4. Just hopefully not Rock Band DLC. :D

FartOfWar said:

I would like to see this happen.

If I am just assuming too much, sorry, but it doesnt seem like you are a big MGS fan. I dont really understand it when EGM has three people review a game and all three are huge fans of the series (example would be Halo 3). I think having more than one person reviewing a game lets you get different perspectives on it and that should be really taken advantage of.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Linkzg said:
I would like to see this happen.

If I am just assuming too much, sorry, but it doesnt seem like you are a big MGS fan. I dont really understand it when EGM has three people review a game and all three are huge fans of the series (example would be Halo 3). I think having more than one person reviewing a game lets you get different perspectives on it and that should be really taken advantage of.

I think shawn likes MGS, but there are things in it that he thinks are flawed. Go figure he sounds like a game critic.

IT's one of those things, if somebody like Shawn reviewed MGS4 i would probably read it, even though i don't need the reviews to sell me on this game, i would read out of curiosity. If the review was made by Shane i wouldn't bother, because i don't think Shane can be objective about it.

witness

FartOfWar said:

Please make that happen. I would be very interested to see what you would give the game and say about it in a review as a non-fanboy of the series.

HamPster PamPster said:
A shitty show that forever will be second place to a single Calvin and Hobbes panel

2ljgor6.jpg

Now go cry to your pathetic duke of nostalgia webpage while I and the rest of gaf remember the true king of making dinosaurs even more awesome, Calvin and Hobbes

God bless Bill Watterson. I've read through the entire series many times, and it never gets old.

scoobs

Really good show and the jeff green "japan" comment was blown totally out of proportion. Its a joke people (even if it is tasteless). Also.... I could do without the new guy that came in bringing up MGS4 on 360 comment yet again, god I'm sick of hearing it.

scoobs said:
Really good show and the jeff green "japan" comment was blown totally out of proportion. Its a joke people (even if it is tasteless). Also.... I could do without the new guy that came in bringing up MGS4 on 360 comment yet again, god I'm sick of hearing it.
Why not? Konami likes money....

Great show as always. That description of San Andreas online had me laughing. And Shawn, I'd like to see a review of MGS4 from you since Shane said he'd step down from doing it.

n1n9tean

Banned
Captain Glanton said:
Oh shit. I'd never noticed how 'blue shirt guy' was pulling the trigger on the gun.

faceinhands.jpg
From Youtube:

"i'm surprissed that he could fit his finger through the trigger to shoot the gun"

"if you look at it closely you can see that he had some trouble taking his sausage finger out of the trigger guard..lol."

Flavius

I'm never happy. I just love to bitch and moan.

Now that I've got that out of the way, I have to say: I loved the podcast this week! I really enjoyed this mixture of personalities, and I thought it worked really well, except...

Garnett(???). Garnett is the glue that holds the 1up Yours podcast together (well, he and Skip, of course). However, on this week's podcast, he seemed just a bit too heavy-handed with the moderation of the gang. I fully understand that many times, this is simply due to time constraints and/or the fact that you don't want to stay in the Ziff offices all night to record an epic 5 hour podcast. ;)

That said, Garnett would shut down one conversation (GTA: SA multiplayer mod...which was fucking hilarious), or interject himself awkwardly into the discussion (bringing up his DS while Jeff was finishing up his PSP talk...which was, again, pretty damn funny), but then ramble on for just as long (if not moreso) on what he was playing.

I don't know. I definitely don't have my panties in a bunch over it, and I remain a loyal and happy listener. But I'm hoping for things to be a little less heavy-handed this week.

Great job, guys, and thanks for doing what you do.

Top Bottom