• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Confirmed - Ep. 55 - April 08, 2011 (Andrea Rene guests)

Lunchbox

Banned
Pewp said:
uuNtW.png

haha. no idea what that is, internet tv show? but awesome.

also, I agree with garnett. dead space is a really really similar to doom3. the game is just script locking you in a room and spawning enemies out of nowhere over and over. the story is a space digsite spawning evil. both borrowing heavily from system shock 2. seems so

LiK

Joseph Merrick said:
haha. no idea what that is, internet tv show? but awesome.

also, I agree with garnett. dead space is a really really similar to doom3. the game is just script locking you in a room and spawning enemies out of nowhere over and over. the story is a space digsite spawning evil. both borrowing heavily from system shock 2. seems so
Soap Opera

Rodhull

Neuromancer said:
Hmm I wonder what the tone of today's show will be and whether the events of this thread will be brought up.
Probably not as ultimately it was all a big fuss over nothing.

Grisby

Rodhull said:
Probably not as ultimately it was all a big fuss over nothing.

Yeah, the show was fine. A little dull with some silence here and there but overall fine.

The boys need a regular 3rd chair for sure.

Grisby said:
Yeah, the show was fine. A little dull with some silence here and there but overall fine.

The boys need a regular 3rd chair for sure.
I thought we had Mattas as a regular, I guess not but I like him.

Neuromancer said:
Hmm I wonder what the tone of today's show will be and whether the events of this thread will be brought up.
hmmm what events? could someone sum it up for me..? i just finished listening to this and i cant figure out what could have spawned any "events".

Jburton

Banned
Holy crap, this thread went a little crazy ........ what exactly happened?

I also hope this weeks episode is up to par!!

astroturfing said:
hmmm what events? could someone sum it up for me..? i just finished listening to this and i cant figure out what could have spawned any "events".
Jburton said:
Holy crap, this thread went a little crazy ........ what exactly happened?

I also hope this weeks episode is up to par!!
Basically Garnett and Jeff were being trolled (Garnett for being creepy around girls, Jeff for being bad at video games I think) and they lashed back in anger. Then everyone hugged and made up.

Afterwards, tensions were released with a playful pillowfight.

LiK

Neuromancer said:
Basically Garnett and Jeff were being trolled (Garnett for being creepy around girls, Jeff for being bad at video games I think) and they lashed back in anger. Finally everyone hugged and made up.
And all three hated Dead Space. I hope Mattas was back for this week.

StuBurns

Banned
Regarding the spoilers talk from past weeks, if tonight's episode has end-game Portal 2 spoilers, I'm going to use a curse word loudly. Don't say I didn't warn you Jeff.

amitlu

Banned
I think people are just realizing that Garnett isn't a good podcast host. People still hold a torch from way back during Gaf's love affair with the 1up podcasts heyday, and 1UY was their flagship. However, Shane's rabid fanboying on 1UY plunged the podcast into a kind of absurdity that almost made it like a parody of the gaming industry at the time. And that is what made Garnett's constant uninformed devil's advocate shtick work. Now it just doesn't anymore, especially since Brian left WC and there's nobody to call him out on it. Garnett being a creeper just makes it worse.

As for Uncharted, I always thought the games did a good job of making Drake a not one dimensional character. Someone else said he's 'chaotic good' which I think is a decent description but not quite there since he clearly doesn't have a problem with stealing and grouping together with known thieves. In Uncharted 1 he even tries to ditch Elena and go after the treasure himself. But in Uncharted 2 it's not just some mad dash to get to the treasure and kill everyone in the way. The only reason he gets to the mountains to begin with is because he's following Chloe, and then gets put into the shit when the village gets attacked and he helps defend it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Garnet is such a man child... this is nothing new. But damn he was twice the usual 13 year old boy on the show this past week. BOW CHICKA WOW WOW. seriously? SMH

I love Weekend Confirmed but I almost stopped listening twice. Luckily it was the only thing on my iPod to listen to while I sat in traffic.

I look forward to what these guys have to say about Wii HD.

LQX said:
If you two were in traditional work environment she could have sued you for sexual harassment and won. You don't say penis around women at work Garnett. They may laugh but they are really screaming on the inside.

What a fucking ridiculous thing to say.

I view game play and story in video games as two separate things. I dont care if Nathan Drake kills a bunch of dudes because game play is suppose to work like a mechanized machine. It has systems and the key goal is that thirty seconds of fun that you get from from killing those guys, or its the application of critical thinking skills like using all of your abilities to not get spotted in a metal gear game. And I dont think that its even really possible to have game play that ties in directly to the who the character is because we as humans make mistakes so that guard will see us in metal gear solid, and we will always get a game over screen. I forgot where I heard this from, but think it in comparison to Arkham Asylum, and the latest batman movie. In the movie, where you are a passive watcher, you dont have to worry about how Batman got onto that rooftop or how he got pass those guards, but in a game you do.

Top Bottom