• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Weekend Confirmed 2014 Thread

I'm listening to giant Bombcast as a potential replacement for WC. It's been 30 minutes and they just mentioned their first videogame.

There's got to be something better than this?

I listen to the player one podcast. Its 4 guys that play a lot of games. EpicBattleCry is pretty good... sometimes. I just started to listen to dlc with jeff. I even went back to listening to ign... there's a lack of quality podcasts out there... Maybe I should start a podcast

ChewieDC

Neo Member
Soooo... Is there any good alternative to Weekend Confirmed which is only podcast I listened to? I tried podcast on Giant Bomb, but it wasnt for me really. A lot of talking about crap, not much talking about games.

codhand

Soooo... Is there any good alternative to Weekend Confirmed which is only podcast I listened to? I tried podcast on Giant Bomb, but it wasnt for me really. A lot of talking about crap, not much talking about games.

haha yeah... Joystiq is one i listen to recently, that you dont hear mentioned a lot.

appaws

Banned

8-4 is good, headed by Mark McDonald who used to be with 1up. (Tends to be Japan-centric, as it is done by Americans living in Japan who do localization for a living.)

Of course Retronauts if you are at all into old games. For retro stuff I also like Back in my Play, which is done by some fellow gaffers.

Pc Gamer is quite good, of course only if you are into PC games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Radio Free Nintendo is all quality. They talk more than just Nintendo games to even if Nintendo is the focus.

Check out the new podcast tomorrow as Garnett himself is gonna be a guest.

Can't say enough about how good RFN is.

mr stroke

GarnettLee ‏@GarnettLee 9m

So a little more info because you've all been awesome. I think there'll be a me solo show, a me and @jeffcannata show, and some video too

what does this even mean?

Garnett on a Youtube channel doing segments ala Adam Sessler or an actual entire podcast with him talking to him self(or others skyped in)

I hope Garnett's solo show is a twitch stream where he talks news over a game and interacts with chat and not a solo podcast.

I find Gamers with Jobs is pretty Weekend Confirmed-ish. It helps that Jeff guests a few times a year.

Blazyr

Yep, owe you all another update so here we go.

Not going to lie, I'm nervous as hell about the future but all your support has given me massive motivation so I just clicked the "order" button on an Audio Technica 2020 USB Plus mic, shock mount, pop filter, and boom arm.

Looking at web cams now to pick one out to add to the setup.

All due to arrive on Wednesday so...

soon

mr2xxx

Banned

Not going to lie, I'm nervous as hell about the future but all your support has given me massive motivation so I just clicked the "order" button on an Audio Technica 2020 USB Plus mic, shock mount, pop filter, and boom arm.

soon

Looking forward to whatever you do.

Xyber

soon

Can't wait for whatever it is you will be doing. I need my weekend podcast while working nights, it has not been the same the past few weeks. :(

soon

While the idea of having some video is intriguing, one of my favorite things about podcasts like Weekend Confirmed was that I could workout, drive to work or whatever while listening to audio. I am hoping that your new show will at least have an "audio only" version.

soon

Nice! Can't wait to listen to what's next Gman

Grisby

soon
Nice, thanks for the update. The world needs to hear your thoughts on Lightning Returns.

dLMN8R

Garnett - as soon as you set up your Patreon, I'll start contributing :)

(I mean, as long as a weekly show comes with it!)

soon
Excellent news!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ill reiterate but if you go Kickstarter or need funds, I dont have much but I will gladly contribute. Ive never contributed to a startup or kickstarter before so that shows you how much I enjoy the podcasts you have done.

appaws

Banned
Ill reiterate but if you go Kickstarter or need funds, I dont have much but I will gladly contribute. Ive never contributed to a startup or kickstarter before so that shows you how much I enjoy the podcasts you have done.

Ditto.

No pressure though man. We love ya and you have given all of us tons of hours of entertainment and information over the years, but in the end I am sure we all support whatever it is you need to do, even if it is a lot less or even if you walk away from the whole podcasting thing.

Deadstar

soon

Awesome! There is a huge void now without your voice. I really hope you come back. Weekend Confirmed was one of the best podcasts ever.

Interfectum

soon

Awesome news. We need you back bro.

HO-LY crap. I haven't listened to WC in about a month due to juggling podcasts and was wondering why my feed hadn't updated since 1-31, only to learn that they recorded their final episode.

Glad to hear that Garnett is workin on a potential new show though. WC is definitely one of my fave gaming podcasts so it'd leave a void that no other cast would fill :/

Have there been anymore Vinny-hosted Bombcasts where he adds audio drops and silly music like the one a few months ago with Jeff Green? That was one of the funniest podcasts I'd ever heard. I haven't really listened to the show much recently.

I love love LOVE Vinny in the host seat. Can't wait till he does it again.

Blazyr

Update time! I've been updating pretty regular on my Facebook page. Not because of any reason other than it's pretty much the most widely accessible spot to update. At some point we have to let go of the old Weekend Confirmed thread but I guess that will come with the new show....

Which I can say will definitely debut next week. I have everything in now. I need to run some test recordings and set my production workflow. I also have to settle on a name. Right now the leading options are Games on Games with Garnett or Garnett on Games. And I have designers coming up with some cover art to make it look good.

And yes, D3 2.0 eff'n rocks. Rolled up a new DH toon and am so hooked. She's already rocking the legendary helm Leoric's Crown and a few rares including a nice crossbow. Yes, there are all the other things in the notes but it really goes to show just how much the core loot mechanic meant to the game that it now clicks so well.

appaws

Banned
Update time! I've been updating pretty regular on my Facebook page. Not because of any reason other than it's pretty much the most widely accessible spot to update. At some point we have to let go of the old Weekend Confirmed thread but I guess that will come with the new show....

Which I can say will definitely debut next week. I have everything in now. I need to run some test recordings and set my production workflow. I also have to settle on a name. Right now the leading options are Games on Games with Garnett or Garnett on Games. And I have designers coming up with some cover art to make it look good.

And yes, D3 2.0 eff'n rocks. Rolled up a new DH toon and am so hooked. She's already rocking the legendary helm Leoric's Crown and a few rares including a nice crossbow. Yes, there are all the other things in the notes but it really goes to show just how much the core loot mechanic meant to the game that it now clicks so well.

Excited! Any other planned regulars besides yourself...?

antitrop

Games on Games with Garnett just sounds hilarious to me, I love it.

It's kinda fun to say. Not Super-Mega Worm fun, but fun nonetheless.

Jhoan

Love Games on Games with Garnett as well. It's very tongue in cheek and witty. Also it was fascinating listening to more insights on last week's Radio Free Nintendo so jonboy if you're lurking, fantastic episode. It was nice to hear Garnett talking about more Nintendo stuff as opposed to multiplatform stuff for a change.

IzzyF3

I'm so glad Garnett's new show is happening so soon. Have to admit, there's this weird void without weekend confirmed every Friday.

I vote for Garnett on Games. A shorter title is catchier.

Jonboy

Love Games on Games with Garnett as well. It's very tongue in cheek and witty. Also it was fascinating listening to more insights on last week's Radio Free Nintendo so jonboy if you're lurking, fantastic episode. It was nice to hear Garnett talking about more Nintendo stuff as opposed to multiplatform stuff for a change.
Different Jonboy?

Top Bottom