• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Confirmed Episode Whimsy | Let's All Love Loving Things

Anyone else taken back a bit, when they were predicting about games of 2013? Silly me, for a sec I thought they were predicting a game won't be good because of quality of the product, not about the mass market appeal of the product.

Maybe I misheard something, but not hyped for nino kuni cause it's niche?

Anyone else taken back a bit, when they were predicting about games of 2013? Silly me, for a sec I thought they were predicting a game won't be good because of quality of the product, not about the mass market appeal of the product.

Maybe I misheard something, but not hyped for nino kuni cause it's niche?

I got the impression that they were just listing off: "hey, these are the big games coming out in the first quarter of the year"

In regards to Ni No Kuni, I think the general consensus was that it was a "big" game for the people on the internet that play/talk about video games, but in the mass market it's a niche title. I don't think they said it lowered their personal hype for it as a result though.

frequency

I just started listening to this recent episode and I almost want to turn it off right now. The beginning is incredibly annoying. I just want to hear Jeff say what he wants to say but it's endless interruptions.

I'm still trying to get through it right now. I wish I could just skip it but I want to hear Jeff so I have to endure this.

Please try to not repeat this behaviour in the future? I don't like to be "the complainer" but it's really frustrating to listen to and is disrespectful to the person talking and to the listener.

I want the hosts to have fun recording the podcast but this was just bad.

Grisby

It's glitched though, right? I couldn't reliably set two weapons up as the ones I was using. I would change to the one I want while using the one I didn't want and instead of swapping out the one I didn't want the other one (that I wasn't holding when I did the swap) would get swapped out.
I haven't had this happen yet on the 360. The game has actually been bug free outside of the awful framerate.

I gave up on this podcast long ago. Is it time to come back?

Nevermind.....

Meh...sometimes Garnett gets a bit zany. Annoying but at this moment, the good far outweighs the bad. I couldn't have been more disparaging about Weekend Confirmed a month ago. The last four weeks have been solid.

They really should do away with the booze though. It adds nothing to the podcast.

sahest

Banned
I couldn't get through it. Had to turn it off before Jeff even started talking BioShock.

I gave up on this podcast long ago. Is it time to come back?

Nevermind.....

Yup! I hate that it makes me feel like a prude or a fun killer but is it not meant to be considered a profession? It's also kinda lame.

To be fair, it got a lot better as the podcast went on. You just have to get through the first couple of minutes.

I really like Nikole though, she should be on more often.

Takuan

I'd listen to this show more often if I didn't have to look through recent posts to dig up the direct link. I can never find a download link at the show's official page. They have a link to iTunes and the pop-up player.

For what it's worth, the guy talking Bioshock really piqued my interest, and I couldn't tell that the hosts were consuming alcohol while recording.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I tend to disgree with Nikoles taste and dislike her way of expressing her taste. Garnett takes a few minutes to explain a cool Nintendoland game and she interrupts with a MEH.

LIke, I get it, she likes her Dudebro games and exploding shit, thats fine and all but she comes off as super condescending most of the time.

Jeff's idea of grade by 'weight class' seems kinda pointless for shack audience (which i think is still mostly pc gamers).

Due to steam and gmg sales, the price I pay for a AAA game vs 'indie' isn't that far off. Everyone is fighting for the same dollars now.

H2Yo

Wow listening to Nikole explain her cons for Far Cry 3 was ridiculous.

She states that she didn't know that you have to equip your newly unlocked weapons at the gun store and that she had to Google it?? And then when asked if she actually read the tool tips earlier for equipping newly purchased weapons, she makes out that only crazy people read tooltips...

It reminds me of when Andrea Rene said she hated the Sleeping Dogs hand-to-hand combat because she would always die and when asked if she was countering, she said no and that she shouldn't have to...

Wow listening to Nikole explain her cons for Far Cry 3 was ridiculous.

She states that she didn't know that you have to equip your newly unlocked weapons at the gun store and that she had to Google it?? And then when asked if she actually read the tool tips earlier for equipping newly purchased weapons, she makes out that only crazy people read tooltips...

It reminds me of when Andrea Rene said she hated the Sleeping Dogs hand-to-hand combat because she would always die and when asked if she was countering, she said no and that she shouldn't have to...

It's hard to play a game and talk at the same tim... wait this isn't a quick look :/

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone else think the show is hitting a good stride at the moment? Good guests (Though Nicole seemed a bit like window dressing) and the regulars have a good rapport, its starting to become my favourite weekly podcast now. Really glad the team loved Far Cry as much as me, easily my second favourite game of the year behind X-Com, such a shock too given how much i disliked FC2.

To jump in: I liked Nicole when she first appeared on the show, a few weeks ago.

This week, she was pretty dire. The reasons have been outlined above. She paints in such huge strokes.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
To jump in: I liked Nicole when she first appeared on the show, a few weeks ago.

This week, she was pretty dire. The reasons have been outlined above. She paints in such huge strokes.

It may just be me but for some reason all the female guests sound the same to me D:. I like Andrea on the show though, id have her on as a regular if possible. Im not a huge fan of Andrew Yoon(sp?). Two Jeffs are great and Garnet is always good. I enjoyed having Seth on last week, always good having developers.

Fjordson

Anyone else think the show is hitting a good stride at the moment? Good guests (Though Nicole seemed a bit like window dressing) and the regulars have a good rapport, its starting to become my favourite weekly podcast now. Really glad the team loved Far Cry as much as me, easily my second favourite game of the year behind X-Com, such a shock too given how much i disliked FC2.
Very much so. Great to have 2 N's, 1 T back.

Mr Cola

Very much so. Great to have 2 N's, 1 T back.

I was very glad to hear Garnett call it his show too :D, very heartwarming, it always feels different when JC isnt there, he is the co-host to me and an integral part of the chemistry.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Nikole's good, hope they bring her back. Also, it seemed like there were less dumb sex jokes from the guys compared to the episodes with Andrea on. Maybe a coincidence, or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but nevertheless a positive thing.

Overall, liked the episode. Never really disliked Weekend Confirmed, some weeks are worse than others, but I still always find it worth listening to.

frequency

Anyone else think the show is hitting a good stride at the moment? Good guests (Though Nicole seemed a bit like window dressing) and the regulars have a good rapport

I agree. There are a few moments that I disliked (and complained about here) but overall, Weekend Confirmed is at it's best right now I think.

I should probably say that more as Garnett checks this thread sometimes. I think Jeff maybe does. I'm not sure. He was here and then gone and then came back for a couple posts and went away again.

Anyway, I should remember to voice how much I like the podcast more often instead of just complaining all the time. Encouragement is always a good thing. I think Jeff first left because there was so much negativity even though we all enjoy him.

LQX

Fun fact; Garnett. Herd mode is not just a play off Horde mode in Gears of War. It has history in the comics to describe hundreds if not thousands of zombies roaming together aimlessly which then destroys everything in there path if alerted by say gunshots.

Mr Cola

I agree. There are a few moments that I disliked (and complained about here) but overall, Weekend Confirmed is at it's best right now I think.

I should probably say that more as Garnett checks this thread sometimes. I think Jeff maybe does. I'm not sure. He was here and then gone and then came back for a couple posts and went away again.

Anyway, I should remember to voice how much I like the podcast more often instead of just complaining all the time. Encouragement is always a good thing. I think Jeff first left because there was so much negativity even though we all enjoy him.

I think its important people who like the show let it be known. Way back when Garnett left 1up and started the podcast I sent him a pm because he was taking some flack on it and it seemed to really get to him. I let him know I have always been a huge fan of his podcasts, way way back into his 1up days with the original crew (and their various changeups) up until now which is quite a few years. I told him how much i valued and enjoyed his love for the games and how great it was to have something consistent to listen to at work and he sent back a lovely message of thanks. I dont know what the numbers are like for WC compare to the old 1up days but Im sure he and Jeff like to know that people genuinely appreciate what they do.

Blazyr

Thanks everyone. Really really appreciate the kind words.

We're having a great time with the show right now and maybe it just shows? I dunno.

Hope you enjoy the upcoming shows, particularly with the big holiday ones on the way. Next week we have a party and record to shows back to back. Always a blast. We'll do our best to keep it coherent but it'll be loose. :)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Thanks everyone. Really really appreciate the kind words.

We're having a great time with the show right now and maybe it just shows? I dunno.

Hope you enjoy the upcoming shows, particularly with the big holiday ones on the way. Next week we have a party and record to shows back to back. Always a blast. We'll do our best to keep it coherent but it'll be loose. :)

so we're not all bringing expensive bottles of scotch/bourbon?

ChristianSpicer

Neo Member
Dude, that Christian Spicer guy is great!

People can't tell that I'm posting this right?

OK. Good because that would get awkward. And someone (a lot of people) would probably say I suck and stuff and then mention Stanky Dick and something about GoldenEye. But since no one can tell who posted this I'm golden you say...awesome.

But seriously, that Spicer guy is the worst. What a waste.

The. Worst. I mean best...crap is there a way to edit th--

Got it, clicked the edit button...whew...hopefully clicking that button took care of everything. That was close.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

OK. Good because that would get awkward. And someone (a lot of people) would probably say I suck and stuff and then mention Stanky Dick and something about GoldenEye. But since no one can tell who posted this I'm golden you say...awesome.

Got it, clicked the edit button...whew...hopefully clicking that button took care of everything. That was close.

you better be at the holiday show this week!

Oh you...

The show is on a roll but it's not because you're not on it.

double negatives ftw.

Garnett, great work and Nikole is great. She sounds invested in the games she plays.

Also...I hope Cannata finds some work soon. He sounds sad. I feel bad.

frequency

You're actually one of my favourite guests.
That song wasn't for me but I don't hold it against you.

When I said that Weekend Confirmed is at it's best right now, I meant in the past few months or so. Not like, the last 2 episodes or something.

Now that I think about it, I like almost every guest. Everyone works well together. I usually don't like guest rotation podcasts because it always feels awkward when the guest isn't the best fit. But pretty much everyone here fits in together so well. It feels natural and like everyone is comfortable with everyone else.

It's a major reason why I feel Weekend Confirmed is the best it's been yet.

LiK

I'm a James Stevenson fanboy. Sorry

Mr Cola

New episode up, yey more FC3 talk!

Synopsis

FC3, The Walking Dead, Tera, Guild Wars 2, Special Guest John Keefer

More Tera talk? Nice, I'm close to jumping in since its F2P until level 28. But a 25 gig download.... ugh. Perhaps this will push me over the edge

Side Note: Layoffs reported at Machinima. I hope everything works out for Andrea (no clue if she is among those let go)

Top Bottom