• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Confirmed - Ep. 88 - 11/23/2011 - Thanksgiving confirmed, Leftovers pending

frequency

Board game talk on a more regular basis would be great, but the little that has been on this show hasn't been all that compelling for someone who actually follows board games. Jeff only ever talked about already huge and popular games. I would like to hear his opinions on some smaller less known/less covered board games.

I am also totally in for a return of Cannatafford.

I never cared for Cannatafford. If they want to talk about old games I'm totally cool with that, but that segment always seemed forced since Jeff had to keep coming up with games to talk about every week. I'd rather they spend their time talking about news and new games, in general.

I never cared for Cannatafford. If they want to talk about old games I'm totally cool with that, but that segment always seemed forced since Jeff had to keep coming up with games to talk about every week. I'd rather they spend their time talking about news and new games, in general.

It's like the indy "assignments" they get, or a pile of shame. When they are forced to do something, or come up with a cheap game, it feels forced. The board game talk, the cheap games, and playing indy games should just happen naturally when they happen. That's why I like the show without format. Except the occasional 4-minute warning. Those can be fun.

LOCK

Where is the game talk? Most of this felt like tangent ramblings which made it boring. The only good thing about this podcast is the humor. I laugh at the good and bad jokes....

Jeff is correct, Zelda as one of the GOTY contenders and needs more attention. So does SM3DL, and all the other November releases.

frequency

Where is the game talk? Most of this felt like tangent ramblings which made it boring. The only good thing about this podcast is the humor. I laugh at the good and bad jokes....

Jeff is correct, Zelda as one of the GOTY contenders and needs more attention. So does SM3DL, and all the other November releases.

I'm a bit sad that pretty much no one in the press played this and it won't get the love it deserves.

It's like the indy "assignments" they get, or a pile of shame. When they are forced to do something, or come up with a cheap game, it feels forced. The board game talk, the cheap games, and playing indy games should just happen naturally when they happen. That's why I like the show without format. Except the occasional 4-minute warning. Those can be fun.

Speaking of which...we need more 4-Minute Warning too. Definitely one of my favorite segments dating back to the 1UP Show.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Whoa. I don't think anyone's ever said that in a WC thread before. Garnett needs to print out your post and put it on his fridge.

nel e nel

Unless something is different with this one you get better loot the more people you have in a game so folks commonly have to let the general public in even if they're playing with a friend just to hit the max number of players and maximize their chance at the best loot.

Ahh...I didn't know that's how the game worked. Never really played Diablo. I can see how that could potentially be a deal-breaker.

Does Diablo engender the same type of clan-boyism that WoW does? i.e. do folks that are really into it form raiding parties and only play with them?

Also, what is the max number of players at a time?

snap0212

I used to like Andrea but I'm really sick of this "I'm a girl gamer" talk. Doesn't matter who it is, it's really annoying.

LiK

I used to like Andrea but I'm really sick of this "I'm a girl gamer" talk. Doesn't matter who it is, it's really annoying.
Wait, really? Andrea's gotten better with every appearance imo. I think she's totally settled down with the crew now. Conversations are better as a result.

snap0212

Wait, really? Andrea's gotten better with every appearance imo. I think she's totally settled down with the crew now. Conversations are better as a result.
I'm not sure why I'm so sensetive to these kinds of things, but they really make me dislike a person. I hope I'll forget about this incident soon because I really liked her up until now. Never thought there was anything wrong with her.

f0rk

The 'let's talk about Assassin's Creed now... I want to talk about Assassin's Creed now... Assassin's Creed!' was really annoying when they had a good Skyrim talk going that she cut short.

The 'let's talk about Assassin's Creed now... I want to talk about Assassin's Creed now... Assassin's Creed!' was really annoying when they had a good Skyrim talk going that she cut short.

I'm so bored with Skyrim talk, that I'm with her there. They hadn't said one word about AssCreedRev, so SOMETHING had to be said. Too bad it wasn't very positive. I love that series.

NHale

I'm not sure if Garnett was playing devil's advocate again but using games like Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 or Gears 3 as examples of unsuccessful multiplayer games it's embarassing. Just because it doesn't hit COD numbers it doesn't mean developers shouldn't work on multiplayer for those games.

Sometimes I feel the gaming press forgets who listens to their podcasts or read their opinions. Those people don't get review copies of games, they have to buy them and to someone that only has money to buy 2-3 games per year, they want value for their money and it doesn't matter to them if the game has 5 million playing or 50k when most multiplayer modes are 24 players max. Developers are adding multiplayer to their games because it adds value to the package and that way consumers shouldn't have to choose between playing a great SP or a great MP because they can have both.

I understand that those that work in the gaming press don't have the time to dedicate to more than 1 or 2 multiplayer games, but I wish they also understood that the majority of that audience doesn't suffer from the same problem.

frequency

I'm not sure if Garnett was playing devil's advocate again but using games like Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 or Gears 3 as examples of unsuccessful multiplayer games it's embarassing. Just because it doesn't hit COD numbers it doesn't mean developers shouldn't work on multiplayer for those games.

Sometimes I feel the gaming press forgets who listens to their podcasts or read their opinions. Those people don't get review copies of games, they have to buy them and to someone that only has money to buy 2-3 games per year, they want value for their money and it doesn't matter to them if the game has 5 million playing or 50k when most multiplayer modes are 24 players max. Developers are adding multiplayer to their games because it adds value to the package and that way consumers shouldn't have to choose between playing a great SP or a great MP because they can have both.

I understand that those that work in the gaming press don't have the time to dedicate to more than 1 or 2 multiplayer games, but I wish they also understood that the majority of that audience doesn't suffer from the same problem.
It's because, for some reason, all media people this generation feel that you're either #1, or you're a failure. So for these multiplayer shooters, if you're not hitting COD numbers you're unsuccessful.

I hate this mindset.

Is Gamefly not paying Garnett and Andrea for this infomercial I just caught the end of on ABC Family at 3am? Because I'm pretty sure the Brazilian Butt Lift girls in the infomercial that followed it could fit a $900 PC in their budget if their entire career revolved around video games.

Wait did Jeff just say he wanted or expected Deus Ex HR to be as big as an Elder Scrolls/Fallout game? What? How would that even work?

DaBuddaDa

Wait did Jeff just say he wanted or expected Deus Ex HR to be as big as an Elder Scrolls/Fallout game? What? How would that even work?

That baffled me too. It's as arbitrary a comparison as the Zelda vs. Skyrim rabblerousing that has been going on. Rage has been treated in the same manner too. Neither game is an open world game and neither game was trying to be and neither game would work as one without becoming something completely different.

ultron87

You're right. All 4 segments should really entirely be about Skyrim.

Top Bottom