• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 Chainz – Birthday Song f. Kanye West (Video)[All I want for my birthday is a big..]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanye isn't nearly as popular as he used to be.

~ look at the sales
~ look at the media
~ look at the news

Dating Kim Kardashian, a known skeez, is a ploy to regain some media attention. Which is why we have them two doing commercials for the MTV video music awards, to promote it and their relationship.

Can you honestly say this current Kanye West is as relevant as the Kanye of two years ago?

I'd argue that he's at his most popular now, starting off at WTT (and I suppose I could argue MBDTF). Kim is the one losing popularity.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
nBip3.png

Kusagari

~ look at the sales
~ look at the media
~ look at the news

Dating Kim Kardashian, a known skeez, is a ploy to regain some media attention. Which is why we have them two doing commercials for the MTV video music awards, to promote it and their relationship.

Can you honestly say this current Kanye West is as relevant as the Kanye of two years ago?

All his albums have still sold over a million. He sold worse than Wayne. Okay, so what?

He also somehow had a song with "niggas" in the title become a top 5 hit and culturally relevant.

So yeah I really doubt he's begging or hurting for media attention. You act like Kanye wasn't being talked about at all before he started dating Kim which is pure bullshit, and you know it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Actually Kanye West is becoming less popular. Dating Kim Kardashian is probably the final string of relevance he has left to hold onto.
Says the person with the xtina avatar. I mean if you really want shade we can get ratchet.

~ look at the sales
~ look at the media
~ look at the news

Um, yes? How the hell is Kanye NOT relevant as he was two years ago? Sales, Media, News, he's there.

MThanded

~ look at the sales
~ look at the media
~ look at the news

You know kanye has known kim for quite a while now.

Yo Gotti

Banned
As as lame as this song is it doesn't reflect much on Kanye.

Kanye is one of the most famous and influential people in music period. He's wielding that midas touch right now.

MThanded

As as lame as this song is it doesn't reflect much on Kanye.

Kanye is one of the most famous and influential people in music period. He's wielding that midas touch right now.
I wish he would stop pushing back the GOOD music compilation.

Yo Gotti

Banned
I wish he would stop pushing back the GOOD music compilation.

He's having too much fun making this pop ish.

EDIT: That old paki dude was about to bust out some of the middle eastern swag after he poured the 40 out, highlight of the video. Someone needs to gif that.

MThanded

He's having too much fun making this pop ish.

EDIT: That old paki dude was about to bust out some of the middle eastern swag after he poured the 40 out, highlight of the video. Someone needs to gif that.

Yeah I want that gif.

Dali

Borderline NSFW?

Anyway, I think I'm starting to like songs that are over the top celebrations of stupid. Something about them just let's my brain cutoff and relax.

botty

Banned
Um, yes? How the hell is Kanye NOT relevant as he was two years ago? Sales, Media, News, he's there.

His sales have steadily declined. He's dating Reggie Bush, Nick Lachey, Miles Austin, Nick Cannon, and Ray J's ex girlfriend. And outside of that relationship, the last time he was in any media frenzy was when he interrupted Taylor Swift.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
His sales have steadily declined. He's dating Reggie Bush, Nick Lachey, Miles Austin, Nick Cannon, and Ray J's ex girlfriend. And outside of that relationship, the last time he was in any media frenzy was when he interrupted Taylor Swift.

what else you got?

Yo Gotti

Banned
The Kim K hate is extremely strong recently. A sure sign that she is also at the height of her popularity, and not on the decline that everyone seems to wish she was on.

everyone's sells are kinda on the way down (in Hip-Hop at least).

Days of selling a mil are over for most (and IIRC Kayne has hit that mark both of his last few albums) artists.

Kayne's last 3 albums have been critical and actual hits too.

So he's not selling a much...you are acting as if he's flopping when he's not.

Dude is making a fucking movie with Cruel Summer and a clothing line.

I don't think he's doing too bad.

Vice

WTT and MBDTF are both still very successful albums, sales and critically, and he has had more longevity than the majority of popular artists. He was never an artist who broke records when it came to selling albums but he has always performed well for the climate.

Kanye has to be trolling when he is featured. Like, there's no way he even remotely tries with this stuff. All of his genius goes into his solo stuff.

MVP

Banned
I think the lyricism is bad in an entertaining way, and the beat though a bit basic works well as a trap beat. I can see someone calling it bad, but boring is an off descriptor in my eyes. It just rubs me the wrong when people seem to want to limit rap to one basic lane and or realm of consciousness (not that you're one of them).

I'm not one of those people, believe me. I just think this beat is too predictable. It sounds more like a Waka Flocka joint then anything. I actually think I would like the song if it was Flocka because most of his beats are the same and I enjoy them for that, but I just want better stuff from these two.

EDIT: Actually after giving a 3rd listen all the way through, the beat isn't basic at all. Pretty complex, actually. Not so bad, changed my mind. I can see Rick Ross all over this.

botty

Banned
everyone's sells are kinda on the way down (in Hip-Hop at least).

Days of selling a mil are over for most (and IIRC Kayne has hit that mark both of his last few albums) artists.

Kayne's last 3 albums have been critical and actual hits too.

So he's not selling a much...you are acting as if he's flopping when he's not.

Dude is making a fucking movie with Cruel Summer and a clothing line.

I don't think he's doing too bad.

It was never up for debate whether Kanye was doing bad or not. I simply stated that he wasn't as popular as he used to be.

I'd argue that he's at his most popular now, starting off at WTT (and I suppose I could argue MBDTF). Kim is the one losing popularity.

At his MOST popular? Not even close. MBDTF just wasn't as big as his previous albums, I don't think WTT was either aside from Ninjas in Paris.

Remember shit like Jesus Walks and Gold Digger...hell, what about Stronger? All over the radio and tv.

Anyways this video is amazing and I love the song too, I played it on my birthday last week lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom