• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 – The best year of Wii EVAR!! (Games pics and movies)

BDGAME

Make that thread was a hard work (I need 3 hours to found pictures and movies of all this games and more time find the information), so, thanks for Kilrogg and others that like what I done. Thanks too for Stumpokapow, Black-Wind and others for the corrections.

One thing: I don’t try to make any kind of guessing in these informations. I make one or 2 mistakes, like put Treasure with the developer of Punch-Out, but:

- Sky Crawler: I see in IGN or Gametrailers that this game will launch in Q1 of 2009.
- Capcom VS Tatsunoko: I read Capcom say that is hard but he will try to bring this game over here. So, maybe is too early to bring this game to this list, but it’s too early to cut it of too.
- No More heroes 2: the last new I read about this game is that Ubisoft will publish this game. Sad, but true.

Other thing, I try to make a list with many kinds of games to many different tastes. If you don’t like a game like Let’s Tap, fine, but I believe who like party games want to know that game is coming, right?

I try bringing the promising games for any kind of genre I put. For example: Who like live simulator, the most promising game is Endless Ocean 2, and I don’t put a game like Sim’s Animals in this list, only to make it bigger or something like that.

To finish, I like the discussion that kind of thread do. It’s like Fantastical say: good to see the true colors of people. And is good to see the general taste of the gafers too.

Oh, by the way sorry about Winning Eleven 2009 . It’s a big failure of my part not put it in this list.

Andrex said:
What do you know? :eek:
It's Kid Icarus, isn't it? :O
. . . At the rate Nintendo is going they could reveal
Kid Icarus . . . or even Wii LoZ
for 09 like 2-3 months before it goes up for sell.

Theyz tripping balls!!! :0

vareon

Unfortunate thread title will only bring trolls here :/

On topic, I'm looking forward to many of those games. Much better than 2008 IMO.

-Kh-

Banned
jj984jj said:
I really doubt that, only a demo will finally hit early next year. It'll come out in Japan before March 2010 but localization + the 360 version will keep it from coming out here for at least 6-12 months after the Japanese release. GT5 and a new retail Ratchet are more likely than FFXIII in 2009.

You doubt it, but you are giving me the reason at the same time.

I didn't say it is coming out in America, Europe, China, South Africa or the North Pole.

Is the 360 and PS3 version stated for a simultaneous release? In fact don't answer me, because I don't really care, I will play the game first when it comes out in Japan, and then I'll get it whenever is localized. Or maybe is it that a Japanese release in 2009 is not good enough for you? Then again, I don't care if it isn't.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nice thread. Might pick up a Wii again after some of those Japanese games come out in the US.

OT, but someone needs to do a PS3 one of these threads.

Threi

notag
Andrex said:
Hrm, you make a point. Besides RE5 (which could go PC) and Killzone 2, what do the HD twins have for '09? I'm actually curious, don't pay attention to that side much.

Edit- Ah yes, -Kh- reminded me that they're getting FF13 and Versus. But... are we sure those are 2009 titles?
MOTHERFUCKING STREET FIGHTER 4

besides that though not much i want.

so yeah Wii = PS360 in 2009 for me. Everything is subject to change of course.

starok said:
-killzone 2
-resident evil 5
-street fighter 4
-ff 13
-god of war 3
-infamous
-heavy rain
-new ratchet and clanck
-White Knight Story
-uncharted 2
-tekken 6
-gran turismo 5
so this is the Wii-Killing lineup?

heh.

There's games i love in there but lol.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
dk_ said:
Hmm after this thread I really don't know if I should keep my Wii. :-/

15mzmo1.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So many titles that will never see the light of day in North America.. :(
But yeah, Muramasa, all over my face, etc, etc.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
nightside said:
now that you mention it. Didn't Nibris said something "you'll see at GC":lol?

There was actually a gameplay video that came out of GC.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fantastical said:
Wait...

...what?

Yeah, confirmed by GAFers as being the real deal too- Wii devkit and everything.

Was pretty terrible looking though.

Ydahs

People are complaining about the list? So many quality games in the early half of the year with many having lots of potential to be great. This list looks much better than the 2009 PS360 lineup.

It might have already been mentioned, but this list is damn impressive and we aren't even in 2009. More game will be announced during the year, and hopefully we can get more from the West. Though my main interests seem to be in Japan for the Wii as I have my PC for the FPS games.

It's a shame that next year is year 12 for me, but a lot of money is going to be unloaded in December :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ydahs said:
It's a shame that next year is year 12 for me, but a lot of money is going to be unloaded in December :D

Jeeze, how big of an allowance do 12-year olds get these days? :p

Prine

Banned
Looking at that list..selling my Wii was the right thing to do. Theres no gaming to be seen here

Tenchu!?? In best year? Lord have mercy... More games like SMG and Zelda please

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Prine said:
Looking at that list..selling my Wii was the right thing to do. Theres no gaming to be seen here

>_>

Andrex said:
That's the one. A few blogs got takedown notices for it, though.
WOW

Ydahs

Andrex said:
Jeeze, how big of an allowance do 12-year olds get these days? :p
I like to save my money :D. When I buy games, normally me and my brothers pay for them, so I only end up paying ~$20-30 AUD for $60-90 games. Hope the prices don't increase becuase of the recession.

Prine said:

Quite possibly the most stupid thing I have ever seen written on the entire internet.

Ydahs said:
I like to save my money :D. When I buy games, normally me and my brothers pay for them, so I only end up paying ~$20-30 AUD for $60-90 games. Hope the prices don't increase becuase of the recession.

So are you really only 11, or am I not getting the joke?

Eteric Rice

Jaded Alyx said:
Quite possibly the most stupid thing I have ever seen written on the entire internet.

It's prine, tons of shit like this comes out of his mouth.

Beware the Justin Timberlake avatar.

Ydahs

Andrex said:
Yeah I thought that sentence was just conbobbled a bit. o_0
:lol :lol

I finished off my post, then I realized "old" only after I hit submit. Give my some slack, I just came back from my physics exams!

I'm not sure what terminology they use out of Australia, but here we say year 11 instead of grade 11.

comedy bomb said:
So are you really only 11, or am I not getting the joke?
With the stress I'm currently under, I wouldn't mind being 11.

Jaded Alyx said:
I'm pretty sure he's 16.

17 since Sept. 10!

To get back on topic, has Nintendo revealed any new game for Wii Sports Resorts other than the initial few? I want to buy it becuase of the Motion +, but I also want the game to be worth it. Since I'm in year 12, grade 12, 13th year of my school, etc., it seems that I'll only be confined to minigames (oh the horror) and I really want WSR to be worth it...

Threi said:
so this is the Wii-Killing lineup?

heh.

There's games i love in there but lol.

Not sure what you're loling about. There's about a dozen Wii titles on the list I'm interested in and I'm being generous and including titles that probably will never see an english release. Doesn't even match Q4 of this year for the other two consoles. If you don't think the other two systems are going to be able to beat that lineup next year, then lol.

Ydahs

MightyKAC said:
If I wanted to advertise the wii's line-up in 09 I'd DEFINITELY leave out Tenchu 4.
God that game is HORRIBLE.
You played it? Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, becuase it's on my 'maybe' list.

Some other Gaffers enjoyed it.

pakkit

Banned
ElyrionX said:
Most of the other games on that list will probably end up being shovelware.

Only if you compare it to the budgets of Gears of War and Halo 3.

Seriously though, you're fucking retarded.

I consider myself a "western gamer" and I'm still excited for plenty of those entries.

jrricky

Banned
Kagari said:
Nice thread. Might pick up a Wii again after some of those Japanese games come out in the US.

OT, but someone needs to do a PS3 one of these threads.
Ive said it before. Why dont you do it?

Top Bottom