• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm04

I'm excited. Last year I got SF4 for 9.99, IIRC. I'm bummed I missed the Batman GOTY edition last month. I hope it pops up again.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ill snap at Oblivion if it goes up, how easy is it to mod the steam version though?

Noooo!. The sale is finally here and I just got a call from an old lady who's house i do free repairs on. The trap for the sink had a hole in it she didnt notice and now I have to go fix the trap/probably replace the cabinet floor. There better not be some cruel 1 hour sale or anything like that while I'm gone.

Dennis

Banned
fresquito said:
Still, we will see a lot of people crying: "Oh, I should have waited, I bought x game at x price and now it's cheaper!" :lol

Seriously people, follow tip number one.
But their tears are part of why I love the Steam sales....

fresquito

Mr Cola said:
Ill snap at Oblivion if it goes up, how easy is it to mod the steam version though?
As easy as the physical. You only have to find the OBSE substitute for Steam (not a really hard task if you check out the Steam forum for the game).

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
fresquito said:
As easy as the physical. You only have to find the OBSE substitute for Steam (not a really hard task if you check out the Steam forum for the game).
Good good, i was wondering whether people got vac banned for changing the game or something

fresquito

DennisK4 said:
But their tears are part of why I love the Steam sales....
Steam sales wouldn't be the same without bitter tears of regret...

Mr Cola said:
Good good, i was wondering whether people got vac banned for changing the game or something
Not a problem.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Stumpokapow said:
There have been 2-3 cases (The Witcher misprice, 1C Pack misprice, can't think of any others although I'm sure there have been a few) where games have been priced low in error and the prices have been raised.

There are 5 games * 12 days = 60 games that will be cheaper on daily deals than on their regular sale price.

As advice that works 30 times more often than it doesn't, I'd say it's not a myth.
DLC for defense grid, although you only saved a box of cereal total, or was that a box of total cereal. Either way it was a quickly fixed mispricing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
eznark said:
I misread. I thought he meant only buy packages and save the single game deals for the end.

He is still saying partake in the daily deals though, ya?

Oh yeah I see how you could read it that way.

What he meant was:
- Daily deals: good
- Weeklong deals: wait and see until end of sale in case they end up being daily deals

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I <3 Memes said:
Noooo!. The sale is finally here and I just got a call from an old lady who's house i do free repairs on. The trap for the sink had a hole in it she didnt notice and now I have to go fix the trap/probably replace the cabinet floor. There better not be some cruel 1 hour sale or anything like that while I'm gone.

Charge her a little money, and come back and get 5 games with it. Just a little...

Wthermans

Banned
I'm hoping for Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition, Borderlands GOTY, Mass Effect 2, BC2: Vietnam, and Batman Arkham Asylum

Deathspank & Shank would be nice as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, you people, don't hesitate to bite on Railworks if it's discounted. Best goddamn relaxing game I've played. I love it, and I don't like trains.

eznark

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Oh yeah I see how you could read it that way.

What he meant was:
- Daily deals: good
- Weeklong deals: wait and see until end of sale in case they end up being daily deals

100% sound...though I'm jumping on the OddBox pronto

Dennis

Banned
Sunflower said:
Honestly, you people, don't hesitate to bite on Railworks if it's discounted. Best goddamn relaxing game I've played. I love it, and I don't like trains.
Yeah, but then you start buying the DLC and next thing you are taking out a second mortgage on your house...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
eznark said:
100% sound...though I'm jumping on the OddBox pronto

That one you're safe because it's an extreme release date discount, it definitely won't get further discounted within the week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DennisK4 said:
Yeah, but then you start buying the DLC and next thing you are taking out a second mortgage on your house...

Now now, all the DLC costs around $800, right... :lol

Sunflower said:
Charge her a little money, and come back and get 5 games with it. Just a little...

The satisfaction of helping these people is the only payment I need. :lol

I'm serious though. They need the help (just lawn care and repair stuff, they are fully capable of teking care of themselves and their housecleaning) and I'm unemployed and bored to shit. Helping them helps me. Feels good man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Archie said:

Goddammit, I forgot they kept releasing DLC since the last time I calculated :lol

Still cheaper than buying the models, I think, but man that's no excuse.

Lkr

I could really go for a bc2 vietnam sale(needs to be a combo though, fucking steam compatibility bullshit makes me mad!)

Lkr said:
I could really go for a bc2 vietnam sale(needs to be a combo though, fucking steam compatibility bullshit makes me mad!)

Vietnam was just released 2 days ago. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up BC2 at 50% off or so.

Stumpokapow said:
Square Enix Eidos pack is 88% off, 74.99. It got added and then disappeared.

Same with Bethesda and THQ

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh god it is going to be hard to not buy the Square and Bethesda packs right here and now, but $150 for both. They shouldn't go up for the duration of the sale, right?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Sgt.Pepper said:
Wow, Square Pack has Last Remmant. I'm really tempted, but I'll have to hold. Maybe.

I hope TLR goes on sale for $10. The last time it was that cheap, my computer was bested by a toaster oven so I never bothered to buy it.

Oh damn. Is it time already? I haven't paid my bills yet, I'll be evicted. :(

Also argh! Just bought Civ 5 on Green Man Gaming. This whole thing managed to slip my mind. It'd have to be more than 60% off for it cost me money though.

Archie said:
I hope TLR goes on sale for $10. The last time it was that cheap, my computer was bested by a toaster oven so I never bothered to buy it.

That's the usual amount I think. I got it for $9.99 at some point last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom