• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a quick calculation yesterday of all the games that I have ever bought on Steam, which came to not even $400. When I divide the amount by the number of games, I effectively been paying on average $5 for pc games since 2007.

Baha

Shambles said:
I think I already know the answer to this but if you buy a pack can you gift the titles in the pack that you already own?

Unless they're valve games no, always double check here or on the steam forums before you assume you can gift a game.

Baha said:
Unless they're valve games no, always double check here or on the steam forums before you assume you can gift a game.
Not even then. There are two titles that can get you extra gifts from buying the Valve pack. HL2 and Episode 1.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jokey665 said:
Okay yeah, I will never buy this game. I'll just keep playing Planescape: Torment :lol
I dunno, I was able to get over my WoD "hate" because the game is that good. I think the game is able to overcome the theme for all but the most ardent haters. :lol

enzo_gt said:
Can't you do this with certain Valve titles?
Well, fine, you can with the Valve pack probably and maybe some minor exceptions. But I would have like 4 copies of Braid and World of Goo if you could gift extra copies from packs. :lol

Krakn3Dfx

"You can spread the payments over multiple credit cards by adding money from each card/ account to your steam wallet"

That's some Evil Sh*t" right there!

Going to confine all of my purchases to what will no doubt be my quickly dwindling debit card. :lol

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
The_Technomancer said:
After being disappointed in Morrowind and Mass Effect (and having not played the Witcher yet) Bloodlines is one of those games I'm hoping will convince me that WRPGs made past the 90s are worth playing.
I think Morrowind is my favorite WRPG after Fallout 2. Its broken in all the right places.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DennisK4 said:

confused said:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/12190/

Rockstar complete 40 euros
Wrong link?

Shambles

firehawk12 said:
Big stinking no.

Bah, that's what I thought I remembered. So there goes nearly every single holiday pack as being a viable option for me. It's probably better for my wallet this way anyways. :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shambles said:
Bah, that's what seemed like what I remember. So there goes nearly every single holiday pack as being a viable option for me. It's probably better for my wallet this way anyways. :D

It would be nice if Steam implemented the GOG sale system - if you have some games in the pack, you can take the value of those games off the price of the pack. But that'll never happen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sgt.Pepper said:
2K pack and no Civilization V. FUCK
Likely to go on sale separate.

Also, Midnight Club 3 and MC:LA weren't released on PC? The fuck? Or are they just not in that pack/Steam?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
shintoki said:
Looks delicious, but I'd rather buy the individual titles I want for 5$ or so. Then again, it will just get more added in next year ^_^
:lol :lol Is this what Steam has made of us? We don't just go "I'll wait till its on sale to buy it" now, we go "eh, its on sale but I'll wait next year for it to be an even better deal?" :lol :lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
snack said:
God can't save you from Steam sales! You're on your own.

God brought us this. Let us give thanks. Show with wallets.

Baha

The_Technomancer said:
:lol :lol Is this what Steam has made of us? We don't just go "I'll wait till its on sale to buy it" now, we go "eh, its on sale but I'll wait next year for it to be an even better deal?" :lol :lol

I'm sticking to 75% to 90% off on titles I kinda want to play, anything I really want I already bought or will buy at at least 50% off.

Polk

enzo_gt said:
Likely to go on sale separate.

Also, Midnight Club 3 and MC:LA weren't released on PC? The fuck? Or are they just not in that pack/Steam?
I think last game on PC was MC2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, to pass some time, I broke down the Square pack in my eyes, for what I want, what I don't care about, and what I already own:

Want
Batman: $29.99
Battlestation Pacific: $29.99
Battlestations: Midway: $19.99
Front Mission Evolved: $49.99
Hitman 2: $9.99
Hitman: Blood MOney: $9.99
Just Cause: $14.99
Just Cause 2 DLC: $9
Kane and Lynch: $19.99
Mini Ninjas: $19.99
Supreme Commander 2: $14.99
Supreme Commander 2 DLC: $9.99
The Last Remnant: $39.99
Thief: Deadly Shadows: $19.99
Tomb Raider: Anniversary: $9.99
Tomb Raider: Legend: $19.99
Tomb Raider: Underworld: $29.99
$358.84 normal retail
$4.42 per game I want

Don't care:
Age of Conan: $29.99
Conflict: Denied Ops: $29.99
Deus Ex: Invisble War: $9.99
Final Fantasy XI: $9.99
Flora's Fruit Farm: $11.99
Front Mission DLC: $20
Gyromancer: $14.99
Infernal: $14.99
Kane and Lynch 2 DLC: $11
Order of War: $19.99
Project Snowblind: $9.99
Rogue Trooper: $9.99
Season of Mystery: $6.99
Shellshock 2: $29.99
Yosumin!(tm): $9.99
$239.87 normal Retail
40% of packs retail value

Own:
Just Cause 2: $29.99
Deus Ex GOTY: $9.99
Kane and Lynch 2: $19.99
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: $14.99
$74.96 in normal retail
12.5% in pack's retail value

Eh, looks like I am likely to buy this.

Stitch

Gold Member
GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES oh god i am drowning in them

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
HamPster PamPster said:
Sheesh why even put the Square name on there. Would be nice if they supported the PC more. That said I'm hoping Front Mission goes on sale (already have Last Remnant)

I should have known better than to pick up Just Cause 2 and Batman in the previous sales these past few weeks
I do find it odd it is just the "Square" pack, and not the "Square Enix Pack", but Eidos is no more and they do own all its stuff.

Javaman

Shambles said:
Bah, that's what I thought I remembered. So there goes nearly every single holiday pack as being a viable option for me. It's probably better for my wallet this way anyways. :D
It bugs the crap out of me too, going all the way back to previos sales. I own almost everything in the THQ pack but want the early red faction games. I would buy the pack in a heartbeat if they prorated previous games (that wouldn't be the first time it's happened, but I can't remember which game offered the discount. Maybe that turnbased "something" princess game that's similar to HOMM?) Or at least let us gift extra copies.

Blizzard

Banned
Civ V was on sale in some places right from the start (I got $10 or more off the Direct2Drive premium version if I recall correctly), and was on sale again even cheaper less than a week ago. Are people really expecting it to go much cheaper yet again? I guess it could drop to $25 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom