• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Sorry for being late, LovingSteam.
Here you have the banner for the thread you wanted!
9iALo.jpg

Hope you like it. Also have send it to your PM.

OMG. This is by far the most amazing banner I have ever seen. Mods, this guy seriously needs a tag

'Master of Banners'

snack

SpacePirate Ridley said:
9iALo.jpg

This looks awesome! Nicely done, Space!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
SpacePirate Ridley said:
http://i.imgur.com/9iALo.jpg[IMG]

Hope you like it. Also have send it to your PM.[/QUOTE]
:lol

LCfiner

Jeesh. I don't even have enough hard drive space on my Windows partition for all the games in the Square and THQ packs. :lol

I really only want Just Cause 2, Red Faction Guerrilla and Metro 2033 (though I don't think Metro will run well on my machine).

i think I'm gonna wait for some single game sales

Tim-E

Corky said:
how long are these publisher-packs up for? HOW LONG?!

If it's like last year, they'll be on sale every day until the end of the sale. But if I remember correctly, some of them were daily deals throughout the process, so it would probably be safe to hold off on them until the end, as well.

Ledsen

fresquito said:
As easy as the physical. You only have to find the OBSE substitute for Steam (not a really hard task if you check out the Steam forum for the game).
Both the Steam and non-Steam versions are on the obse download page, and i think they both even come in the same download.

poweld

SpacePirate Ridley said:
]http://i.imgur.com/9iALo.jpg[/IMG]

Typo in the weather. This is a FAKE NEWSPAPER, I KNEW IT.

Stumpokapow said:
As advice that works 30 times more often than it doesn't, I'd say it's not a myth.

It's probably better phrased as "don't buy any individual games that are 50% off or less until the last day." I could be mistaken, but as best I can remember individual games that are 66% or 75% off during the sale as a whole are never or almost never priced yet even lower individually, but games that are 50% off often are. Witcher was temporarily 66% off and buying it immediately would have been the right choice, whereas the people who got burned on Torchlight bought it at 50% when it went down to 75%.

(Though, I guess stuff like the indie bundles mess with that, but we already have what's probably a full list of the indie bundles so people can plan in advance on those.)

Chavelo

Neogaf...

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK???

/GAF SCREAMS AND FAINTS FOR GABE

I SAID.... ARE YOOOOOOU READY TO ROCK?

/GAF STARTS SURFING AND FREAKING OUT

LET'S DO THIS, WISCONSIN!

/Valve starts playing Van Halen's "Jump"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom