• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

Pretty sure DOD vanilla still has Tages. Don't believe that outdated steam page.

Ceebs said:
I personally think Vanilla Oblivion is an awful game. Mods are the only way I can play it.

Ya, that and the gamebryo stutter is unbearable. Mods are required for that game.

Joe Molotov

Ceebs said:
I personally think Vanilla Oblivion is an awful game. Mods are the only way I can play it.

Yeah, I was never able to play it for more than an hour or so, but now I have improved textures, improved foliage, improved weather, improved fauna, improved UI, improved lighting, improved womenfolk, improved book jackets, food, necklaces, clothes, signs, buildings, doors, etc. Basically, it's been improved, is what I'm trying to say. :D

jediyoshi

SalsaShark said:
My steam icons for GTA IV and Episodes just changed

The icon for episodes is pretty gross.

After installing it this morning, I googled for 30 minutes trying to find out why it was crashing after start up. Apparently the game really doesn't like the IE9 beta :|

jiien

Quick question guys:

I bought Oblivion GOTY Deluxe yesterday, but in my games list, it still appears as plain old GOTY (and the steam store page link will bring me to the plain old GOTY page). In my account transactions history, it is Deluxe. This is normal? I should still expect to have anything in the Deluxe, right?

jiien said:
Quick question guys:

I bought Oblivion GOTY Deluxe yesterday, but in my games list, it still appears as plain old GOTY (and the steam store page link will bring me to the plain old GOTY page). In my account transactions history, it is Deluxe. This is normal? I should still expect to have anything in the Deluxe, right?
The difference between GOTY and Deluxe are the DLC addons, which incluse a few missions, buildings and stuff which is integrated into the main game. I think you even get the horse armor!

Carm

SolarPowered said:
Now that I'm more aware of DRM I just realized that Batman: AA has a four machine activation limit. I was going to buy the square pack in it's entirety since it has some decent games, but that DRM bullshit pisses me off. I'd only be missing out on Batman and The last remnant if I dropped the square pack. I've already got JC2, don't need FFXI and I have both of the Deus Ex games. I can get my hands on Thief, the Hitman trilogy and Supreme commander right now.

I can wait on a deal for the Last remnant and the tomb raider collection while saving some major bucks in the process. Sounds reasonable right?

Batman:AA has 4 activations per month, they reset. No revoke too in GotY edition, but in normal one. Doesn't really matter though since they reset monthly.

Now that I decided not to buy the square pack I get ready to buy Far Cry 2 and I see this fucking shit...

I'm just about ready to search through my entire library to see if I bought any of this garbage DRM.
Carm said:
Batman:AA has 4 activations per month, they reset. Plus you have a revoke tool.
They're just playing with me now. That is MUCH better than lifetime activations, but I felt so good about spending less cash...

:'(

jiien

SteelAttack said:
The difference between GOTY and Deluxe are the DLC addons, which incluse a few missions, buildings and stuff which is integrated into the main game. I think you even get the horse armor!

So I actually have them though, right? Even though it doesn't say Deluxe in my games list.

Ceebs

jiien said:
Quick question guys:

The DLC packs are probably listed in the CD keys

cornontheCoD

Neo Member
So, I am considering both the STALKER pack and the Hitman pack. Any impressions on the hitman series?

Also, how is STALKER Call of Pripyat? I really liked the atmosphere of the first Stalker, but there was just something that felt weird about the gunplay. Have the developers improved the shooting aspect? I don't know if I should get it or not.

I bought a copy of Singularity for shaneus but Steam cocked up and sent him two copies, so I have a spare to dish out for ~$16 for anyone that missed out yesterday. That's cheaper than it was on the US store anyway, so its a good deal and I know some others were asking for it cheap anyway. Just PM me and I'll sort you out.

Dr.Acula

Banned
cornontheCoD said:
So, I am considering both the STALKER pack and the Hitman pack. Any impressions on the hitman series?

Also, how is STALKER Call of Pripyat? I really liked the atmosphere of the first Stalker, but there was just something that felt weird about the gunplay. Have the developers improved the shooting aspect? I don't know if I should get it or not.

I really liked CoP, it reminded me a lot of the original Fallout games in tone, and it has great atmosphere. The shooting is fine.

I just check my steam list and I completely forgot that I got Batman: GOTY edition when it was a daily a few days ago. I think it's probably the only game in my library that has DRM anyway so it's okay. I don't need all the DLC in the square pack so Hitman, Supreme commander and thief will be bought I guess.

Should I expect some sort of sale down the road(not right now, but in the future) for thief and The Last Remnant? Those two really interest me, but I'd rather save money at this point.
dani_dc said:
GAF stealing my monies one penny at a time...

Thanks
Amneisac said:
Nice find!

So if I already have STALKER and buy the pack, do I get a copy to gift? If so, anyone interested in a trade? My STALKER Shadows of Chernobyl for your gift to me of hitman Blood Money.

Happy new year!

first 3 to quote me get a random steam gift of either winterbottom, flight control HD or Ristar the shooting star, will roll a dice my end to pick who get's what.

Cheap gifts!

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
catapult37 said:
So if I already have STALKER and buy the pack, do I get a copy to gift? If so, anyone interested in a trade? My STALKER Shadows of Chernobyl for your gift to me of hitman Blood Money.

For the Stalker pack, no you dont get anything to gift.

Diablohead said:
Happy new year!

first 3 to quote me get a random steam gift of either winterbottom, flight control HD or Ristar the shooting star, will roll a dice my end to pick who get's what.

Cheap gifts!

ME? (I already own Winterbottom :D )

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Diablohead said:
Happy new year!

Cheap gifts!
h-h-happy new gifted games year

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Diablohead said:
Happy new year!

Cheap gifts!
well ^^

edit: Thought so :>

cicero

Diablohead said:
Happy new year!

Cheap gifts!
Me I hope!

Edit: awww. Too late. :|

Smash88

Banned
catapult37 said:

No you don't get an extra copy.

geeko

Diablohead said:
Happy new year!

Cheap gifts!

me?

EDIT: Late as usual :/

Havok

That Stalker pack is insane. I don't even have a decent PC to run it but I'm considering grabbing it. Five dollars makes me worry about how well Call of Pripyat did.

Hawk269

Just got into PC gaming recently...cant play games with keyboard mouse worth a shit, so looking for some good games that play with the 360 pad.

Does Oblivion support the 360 pad fully? Any other good/great cames that are 360 controller friendly? I have Batman and it is so freaking good with my 480 and a 460 as a dedicated Physx card. Blows away the console versions.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Havok said:
That Stalker pack is insane. I don't even have a decent PC to run it but I'm considering grabbing it. Five dollars makes me worry about how well Call of Pripyat did.
Lucky you! We aren't allowed to over here :<

Amneisac

So, $5 for Star Wars pack loving it. $25 for Singularity and it's a fucking waste of money because the FOV is fucked and it makes me puke out my eyeballs.

Fitz

Hawk269 said:
Just got into PC gaming recently...cant play games with keyboard mouse worth a shit, so looking for some good games that play with the 360 pad.

Does Oblivion support the 360 pad fully? Any other good/great cames that are 360 controller friendly? I have Batman and it is so freaking good with my 480 and a 460 as a dedicated Physx card. Blows away the console versions.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

It sure does, no configuration needed.

Double D

First Hitman game won't run. I get through the opening, then when I try to start the game itself, it closes and Windows says the program isn't responding. How to play on Win7 64?

Diablohead said:
Happy new year!

Cheap gifts!

Sounds good. :lol

SUPER late. Damn. :/

I've asked this a couple times but I don't think anyone has answered. Thought I'd give it another shot...

Railroad Tycoon. I own Railroads! but find it too simplified. I haven't played its predecessors in the Tycoon series.

RT2 Platinum is dirt cheap, but I'm willing to shell out a couple of extra bucks if RT3 is a much, much better game. I'm also curious if these games let you move mountains and all the other ridiculous shit you can do in Railroads! I like the game, but I'm hoping to find something deeper.

The demo for Hitman: Blood Money just finished downloading on my computer, but I can't get it to start. :|
I'm on Windows 7 32 bit if it makes any difference.

jediyoshi

Hawk269 said:

If you head into search (click the magnifying glass icon next to the search box on the store page), under advanced search in category you can filter for all controller supported games. Also, if you look in the system requirements section for games, any games that use Games for Windows Live will have 360 controller support.

jediyoshi said:
If you head into search (click the magnifying glass icon next to the search box on the store page), under advanced search in category you can filter for all controller supported games. Also, if you look in the system requirements section for games, any games that use Games for Windows Live will have 360 controller support.

Except Bioshock 2 =(

After putting The Last Remnant and Thief in my wishlist I decided to Ctrl+F to check for Tomb Raider in the OP and I found nothing. I want the tomb raider games and this gives me hope. Maybe not for this sale, but for sometime in the near future.

:)

chixdiggit

Played Far Cry 2 on the 360. My experience was something like: Leave safe house, drive to mission, get killed from behind by enemy that spawned in a spot i just walked over, re-spawn at safe house, repeat.

Is the PC version any better somehow? Like can you maybe quick save or something? I thought it was a really cool game otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom