• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010: The Year of the RPG

Fredescu said:
Not from the start, at least long enough for this guy to post this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18180544&postcount=67

Not really, ethel already pointed this out. "I don't do that much PC gaming these days so I've no problems admitting that there are probably releases not on my radar." It doesn't bug me at all that they're not in the OP.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's purposefully slighting them, but that's most likely why they aren't there.

Anyway, I'm sure if Warcraft guy puts together a little blurb in the style of the op, ethelred would be open to adding it.

Aside from Resonance of Fate and FFXIII, I have very little interest in the rest of 2010 RPG-wise. Unless, of course, Mistwalker brings something out like Lost Odyssey 2 or something.

zoku88

batbeg said:
I've not played Magna Carta but Dragon Song is hands down one of the worst games I've ever played, with absolutely no redeeming gameplay features. It was also my introduction to the Lunar series :lol Yikes.
So, you played what you call one of the most awful games and you actually played the other (earlier) games?

Wow, I'm pretty sure I would've given up at that point. Well, you made the right choice :lol

TheChillyAcademic said:
Not enough love for Strange Journey or Birth by Sleep ; ;

Rightly so.
Not only is Watanabe involved, he is WRITING it. That is never good

Fredescu said:
Didn't notice he'd added that. It wasn't there at the start. MMO related stuff coming in 2010:

Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer expansion
All Points Bulletin
Jade Dynasty
Lego Universe
Mytheon
Otherland
Star Trek Online
Star Wars: The Old Republic
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

There's no point being "pissed off" if only one of them is missing.

Guild Wars?

ZephyrFate said:
Aside from Resonance of Fate and FFXIII, I have very little interest in the rest of 2010 RPG-wise. Unless, of course, Mistwalker brings something out like Lost Odyssey 2 or something.

B-b-b-but Mass Effect 2.
I refuse to be hyped for RoF until i have a demo i can play. TA has fucked with me for the last time

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
only RoF, SJ and 4wol tickle my fancy. The rest are "when I feel like it"

KongRudi

Banned
Looking most forward to Valkyrie Chronicles II (PSP) and White Knight Chronicles (PS3). :)
Also hopes FF13 will be good, but not as anticipated as the two other games.

tino

Banned
Why the hell are they releasing Mass Effect 2 in Jan. You mean I can't fuck an alien bitch in Christmas?

Really look forward to FF13, DQ9, P3PSP.

lorddarkflare said:
Rightly so.
Not only is Watanabe involved, he is WRITING it. That is never good

Guild Wars?

B-b-b-but Mass Effect 2.
I refuse to be hyped for RoF until i have a demo i can play. TA has fucked with me for the last time
I didn't play the first one, but I'll be damned if Shepard isn't super crazy hot, just like the model he's created from.

hitsugi

7th Dragon came out of nowhere for me.. that game is looking / sounding really nice.

Also - FFXIV should be amazing and require a computer upgrade for me D:

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Buy-list (Including MMOs).
7th dragon
Dragon quest IX
Valkyria chronicles 2
WoW : Cata
Final Fantasy XIV
Guild wars 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Infinite Space
Alpha Protocol
Final Fantasy Gaiden
Ninokuni
SMT : Strange Journey
Resonance of Fate
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Quest VI
Fallout : New Vegas.
Lunar
Might play - Tales of grace and tales of vesperia. (PS3 us release if it releases).
Look's like i'm going to be playing nothing but rpgs (and MMOs) next year. I still have quite a large backlog to catch up on too.:lol
Also, i didn't list this, but i think the sequel to the best RPG of 2007. (the witcher), might come out in 2010. But i'm not completely sure. It's easily my most anticipated next to SMT : Strange journey and FFXIII.

I could see myself buying a buying quite a few the games featured in the first two posts. While it's cool to see that there are more console rpgs, I still find myself largely drawn to the handheld offerings, with 7th Dragon and Strange Journey easily obeing the top picks.

I just imported 7th Dragon but I don't understand a lick of Japanese. It will be interesting to see which happens first, if I make any progress through the import or if the localised version is released in North America :lol Hopefully I pick up enough from translation FAQs to at least be able to play 7th Dragon without constantly being tethered to my PC. I also plan on buying the localised version as well.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
ZephyrFate said:
Why would you want a LO sequel over the rest of the games the OP listed? :lol

gafster1

Neo Member
permutated said:
Mass Effect 2: Just hook it into my veins!

Agreed. ME was fan-fracking-tastic, and I'm dead tired of fantasy RPGs.

The setting and artstyle of ME are great, and the graphics make the whole thing outstanding to look at.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Toy Soldier said:
Is it safe to assume we'll be getting 3D Dot Game Heroes stateside by next year? I know no publisher is confirmed yet, but it's gotta be inevitable. That tops my list.

Also, hopefully Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Fire/Light/Storm Adventure Squad make an appearance too.

Sony posted on twitter that the game is coming to north america, so it is safe to assume.

Goddamn 40 hour rpgs, I'm going to be broke AND have no time next year. Maybe I'll settle for 7th Dragon and wait until everything else gets cheap.

Stage On

Dang I'm going to practically need a second job just to afford what I want on the list (which is most of it)! I don't know how I'm going to find the time to play them either!

Out of all of them I can't wait for Mass effect 2 the most since I enjoyed the heck out of the first one.

bengraven

Segata Sanshiro said:
FFXIV has been in that post for a while. There's another pattern to the original posts that you guys aren't catching.

It's not "no MMOs", it's "no PC exclusives".

That's still bullshit.

I'm hoping for Old Republic and the Torchlight MMO next year as well.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
ethelred you could add Inazuma 11 since a european release is pretty much confirmed at this point.

Forkball

The amount of good looking RPGs on that list is amazing. Even if just half of those come out next year, it will be a great time for RPG fans. I already have a pretty back backlog on my RPGs for the DS and it looks like it's just going to keep growing.

Tailzo

Forkball said:
The amount of good looking RPGs on that list is amazing. Even if just half of those come out next year, it will be a great time for RPG fans. I already have a pretty back backlog on my RPGs for the DS and it looks like it's just going to keep growing.
Yeah. I'm pretty eager to get moe western release dates for these games.

Anso

Ninokuni took me off-guard. I will HAVE to get that and force some publisher to get it into Europe. JOE FUCKING HISAISHI! :O

RedSwirl

I can't decide man. I mean New Vegas is probably my number one RPG of 2010 (not counting Mass Effect despite it being one of my top 2010 games overall), but below that it's like a four-way tie for me.

Soul Sliver
Golden Sun
Dragon Quest IX
Phantasy Star Portable 2

Including all the crap I haven't played, 2010 has been one of the most killer years for RPGs in a long time.

Top Bottom