• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
All My Friends Are Agoraphobic 8

fMX8G.jpg

And then
it happened.
Now that's a game I would play.

I love Rika. 80% of her lines are gold.

guilty crown - 7

dat misatoclone

dat asukaclone

dat kallenclone

dat shinjiclone

dat moeslutreiclone (inferior version featuring two whole eyes)

dat notfinishingtheepisodebecauseitsprettyshittyandmyspacebarbrokefromhowborediwas

i want to love gc so much. ;___;

If you could just accept that GC is like Code Geass, only not as much, then you could learn to love GC. Everything about GC is not as much as Code Geass, but since nothing could ever be as much as Code Geass, it's not fair to be so hard on GC.

trejo

Towa No Quon 2

That was a whole 50 minutes of nothing. There's not even anything you can flat out hate about this thing because it's all just so painfully, well, nothing.

Well, that's not entirely true since there's still that Omigawa loli that communicates by barking, so there's that.

cajunator

Banned
guilty crown - 7

dat misatoclone

dat asukaclone

dat kallenclone

dat shinjiclone

dat moeslutreiclone (inferior version featuring two whole eyes)

dat notfinishingtheepisodebecauseitsprettyshittyandmyspacebarbrokefromhowborediwas

i want to love gc so much. ;___;

Misato clone? Who is the Misato clone?
I am ok with Kallen cLones. Very much ok with it.

Misato clone? Who is the Misato clone?
I am ok with Kallen cLones. Very much ok with it.

His slutty mom is a clear Misato clone. Walks in wearing skimpy clothes, he calls her by her first name, she drinks in the middle of the day...it's otaku pandering at it's very worst

Articalys

Top ten female seiyuu popularity rankings, as measured by the most important of all metrics, their Twitter follower count.
1. Aya Hirano (249,506)
2. Yukari Tamura (147,232)
3. Rie Tanaka (110,963)
4. Eri Kitamura (108,090)
5. Marina Inoue (87,932)
6. Emiri Katou (81,270)
7. Asami Imai (72,038)
8. Kana Ueda (70,806)
9. Rina Satou (64,005)
10. Romi Park (53,933)
See the full list of top twenty if it matters to you.

cajunator

Banned
His slutty mom is a clear Misato clone. Walks in wearing skimpy clothes, he calls her by her first name, she drinks in the middle of the day...it's otaku pandering at it's very worst

This is a bad thing? Misato is my favorite anime girl ever. She even drives an awesome car (Renault Alpine A310)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
High School DxD

Sl5T4.jpg

The story follows Issei Hyodo, a dim-witted, lecherous second-year high school student who is killed by a girl on his first date ever. Issei is reincarnated as a devil, and from that day forward, he serves as an underling of Riasu, a high-level devil who is also the prettiest girl on Issei's campus.

Sold.

Trojita

Recorder to Rondoseru

KuxV2.jpg

Miyagawa Atsushi is an 11-year-old boy. Since he is 180 centimeters tall (5' 9") and has a grown-up looking build, he has always been running into troubles. On the other hand, his 17-year-old elder sister Atsumi is only 137 centimeters tall (4' 5") and has a childish looking build. Atsumi takes good care of Atsushi, who acts his true age.

WUT

Looks like it's based on a Seinen 4-koma series, so I'm expecting it to be ultimately mundane, slice of life crap with some poignant moments here and there. Might check out an ep.

Trojita

Reminds me of a mishmash of like 8 different manga. Sounds interesting enough to watch a few episodes.

Also his girlfriend that killed him was a Fallen Angel, who was ordered by an organization to destroy Divine Weapons. His Senpai is a Duke of Hell. He's tasked by her to fight The Fallen Angels.

Trojita

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai!

ftLG4.jpg

Segawa Yuta is a freshman of a university. He lost his parents when he was small and was raised by his sister Yuri. Yuta has been living alone since Yuri got married to a middle aged man when Yuta was a junior high student.

One day, Yuri visited Yuta's apartment and asked him to take care of her three daughters while Yuri and her husband were on a trip. He unwillingly accepted the job but the plane Yuri took went missing. In order to prevent the daughters from being adopted separately by relatives, Yuta decided to take in all three girls.

He will now have to share his 3 metre by 4 metre apartment with these girls.

Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you!

Thoraxes

With Penguindrum, if my prediction about the
Child Broiler and Sanetoshi being the one who ran it, not to mention the elixirs (being made out of disappearing children) he gave to Himari are both correct,
then I will be hyped as hell that I finally predicted something right.

Only thing i'm curious about now though:
If Kanba was originally a Natsume though, and wouldn't it make sense that Kenzan would've changed his family name because of when the grandfather said his son wasn't worthy of the family name? So what if he just changed it to Takakura? Also who the hell is Shouma's dad? Is it Kenzan's twin brother that I think I remember us seeing a glimpse of in a previous episode?

Also, I fucking loved this episode. So happy.
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai!

ftLG4.jpg

Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you!
Me too!

cajunator

Banned
On the Internet, anyone can claim to be anything or anyone. Can you prove to us that you are both human AND alive?

Not really. I could be alien. I could be dead. I could be alive and alien. I could be a dead human. I could be merely existing in a world of half dead half humans or half alive half aliens. I could be a computer myself. I could be GOD. I COULD BE GOD.
But really, I'm just a little penguin who digs animu and Zelda.
Meep!

Guilty Crown 7

I wonder if the Voids are ever going to backfire. So far, they've fit the situation perfectly. I mean it's cool and all, but I kind of get tired of deus ex machina when they don't lead to badass 1 on 1 fights.

trejo

Guilty Crown 7

I wonder if the Voids are ever going to backfire. So far, they've fit the situation perfectly. I mean it's cool and all, but I kind of get tired of deus ex machina when they don't lead to badass 1 on 1 fights.

You know your show is not living up to its full SHOUNEN HAATO potential when even cosmicblizzard starts questioning the plausibility of your asspulls/plot hax.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
With Penguindrum, if my prediction about the
Child Broiler and Sanetoshi being the one who ran it, not to mention the elixirs (being made out of disappearing children) he gave to Himari are both correct,
then I will be hyped as hell that I finally predicted something right.

Only thing i'm curious about now though:
If Kanba was originally a Natsume though, and wouldn't it make sense that Kenzan would've changed his family name because of when the grandfather said his son wasn't worthy of the family name? So what if he just changed it to Takakura? Also who the hell is Shouma's dad? Is it Kenzan's twin brother that I think I remember us seeing a glimpse of in a previous episode?

Also, I fucking loved this episode. So happy.

Me too!

another prediction about penguin drum:
the penguins are children who went through the broiler

You know your show is not living up to its full SHOUNEN HAATO potential when even cosmicblizzard starts questioning the plausibility of your asspulls/plot hax.

Wasted potential is right. The Voids are such a cool concept. You could base a whole Kirby style game around it, but with more HAATO and it would be awesome. But in 7 episodes, it's had maybe 2 cool uses and like 8 duds or underwhelming solutions.

My ideal scene is 2 guys that can use Voids fighting in a crowded street where they just pull weapons out of random passerbys. Who knows, maybe they'll get caught up in the crossfire too. It's literally a no holds barred fight that would be completely unpredictable even if it was prone to asspulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom